Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #113
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Too many happy face stickers and not enough ass whoopins....
Old 04-30-2015, 08:20 PM   #114
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Sorry to see that. Good luck with the insurance.

That said, it is not the children who need to be spanked... it is the parents. Spanking a kid does not teach them right. Only teaching them by example works.

I beg to differ on that one. I was spanked as a child if I messed up and you know what . I learned not to do bad things and I also learned respect for my elders which youth of today are sorely lacking .
1Coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #115
B73

Drives: 2013 2ss rs 1le in Victory Red
just going to post my .02 here, time outs, talk about feelings and learning lessons don't work. Need proof, look around you at the kids growing up today and compare it to my generation (I'm further into my 40's than I want to admit) If I had been caught doing something like that when I was growing up I would of got my ass tanned all the way home by the guy who caught me, he would of talked to my parents which would of resulted in everything I held dear taken away and sold to START to pay for the damages (along with another spanking) and I would of had to give the owner of said car every dime I earned until the debt was paid in full then some. I would of learned that there are SEVERE consequences for doing things like that and I would remember that my entire life. A time out, a talking to and lets hug till its all better are not consequences, they are inconveniances until everything goes back to normal. Rant over, I really hope this works out for the OP in the end, nothing worse than having something you love being damaged by someone else simply because they can
B73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #116
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I bet my pay check these kids could care less right now, and still find it funny..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #117
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Wow Sorry for what happened to your car , Hey if its not totaled then at least you will get a new paint job that will not leave swirl marks , just trying to help you look at any positive .
As far as the spanking bit , They use to paddle my ass in the principles office for fighting or goofing off 40 years ago , 1 paddle had holes and 1 didnt , If you were real bad you got the ones with the holes and it wasn't a light swat , This guy was going for homerun swats every time. You learned that doing bad things has consequences, And that is the way it was. Today parents hands are tied and they dont dare do that. Yet it does not say the parents could do many other things and make sure their children act respectable and respect others property yet I think some are just too lazy or just bad parents.
And I find it odd that some of the comments on here are threats that they would be dead or some of you would beat them up , Your talking about a 8 or 9 year old kid and you would attack them ? If true you have a serous problem and should seek mental help .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #118
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
I beg to differ on that one. I was spanked as a child if I messed up and you know what . I learned not to do bad things and I also learned respect for my elders which youth of today are sorely lacking .
Quote:
Originally Posted by B73 View Post
just going to post my .02 here, time outs, talk about feelings and learning lessons don't work. Need proof, look around you at the kids growing up today and compare it to my generation (I'm further into my 40's than I want to admit) If I had been caught doing something like that when I was growing up I would of got my ass tanned all the way home by the guy who caught me, he would of talked to my parents which would of resulted in everything I held dear taken away and sold to START to pay for the damages (along with another spanking) and I would of had to give the owner of said car every dime I earned until the debt was paid in full then some. I would of learned that there are SEVERE consequences for doing things like that and I would remember that my entire life. A time out, a talking to and lets hug till its all better are not consequences, they are inconveniances until everything goes back to normal. Rant over, I really hope this works out for the OP in the end, nothing worse than having something you love being damaged by someone else simply because they can
Agreed^^^^^

This me me me generation has no clue...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:35 PM   #119
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
What would you do, execute them?

Spend some hours working with troubled youth. LEARN what the causes are that results in many of them being troubled. Discover root causes and look for solutions to eliminate root cause. It's really hard for you to understand when you're removed from it and looking down from afar.

It is very enlightening to see these kinds of things from actual participation rather than as spectating.
I disagree. If you hang around Ted Bundy long enough, you would find redeeming qualities.

People of any age have to have consequences for their actions or they will continue them. Rehabilitation does not work and that is not entirely the fault of the criminal, but it's reality. Spanking is a consequence just like prison is a consequence. I don't spank my daughters because I don't have to. I am sure they also learn from my example to a significant degree, but they also know there are consequence they do no like if they don't behave appropriately. There are also rewards for behaving appropriately.

With that said, those kids are not my responsibility and I have my own family to care for. Sorry to say it, but they are doomed already. The odds of success are miniscule and we are better off spending those resources on kids who show potential. I might not work in the field, but I've studied plenty of psychology and spent plenty of time around criminals, adult and juvenile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
And your solution is why this country has such a high crime rate. Such high leniency for offenders, they never learn the consequences of their actions with every "slap on the wrist" that people like you support.
Florida had a ridiculous crime rate right into the 80s. Jacksonville had as many murders as Detroit (Motor City was still a big deal back then). Then the governor started building prisons and did not stop until they had over capacity. Now they have even taken prisons offline until they need them. A lot of county jails went the same way. When the revolving door stopped, the crime rates plummeted. A lot of politicians like Charlie Christ got elected with tough on crime campaigns. Crime may have not been his focus as governor, but it was sure his focus as Secretary of the DOC.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.

Last edited by CamaroCracka; 04-30-2015 at 08:49 PM.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #120
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Wow so sorry you have to go through this. Makes me sick to my stomach. Hope you get a new Camaro out of this & that the kids get both punishment and treatment.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:52 PM   #121
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
OP, like the rests of the posts on here, that is totally sickening. I cant fathom how I would feel if that was my car. I can only say, best wishes to you and I hope you get compensation commensurate with the cars devalued situation.
I hope you press charges. you have to. its the principle of the thing. you know?
anyway, hang in there. you know this forum supports you and really feels bad for you in this situation. you will come out ok. just be diligent , patient, and it will work out! ok!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:53 PM   #122
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
There you go , mom and dad in the big , their little bastards are the next in line ,MXO keep on building jails and locked up the stupidest of the stupid !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:56 PM   #123
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post

Sometimes people can be conditioned. Sort of like smacking a dog enough times and he won't do wrong. Beatings is not the answer. Anyone who can't see that in this example it is likely the parents and the environment, well... you'll never get it so go ahead and keep up the beatings.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #124
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
When I was a kid the neighbors busted my ass, my parents busted my ass, my teachers busted my ass hell, if I even thought about doing something bad I got my ass busted just for thinking about it and I turned out allright. That's the problem, not enough ass busting going on....the little punks.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #125
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF8 View Post
Austin, how many have you adopted? Make the world a better place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt they are up for adoption.
But, Google me if you are curious about my part in making the world a better place.
Again, until you actually get involved it is difficult to really understand. Kids don't need beatings, they need better parenting.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #126
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
You guys are worse than all the new moms on my Facebook feed. OP has not agreed to take in these children and raise them as his own. Whether they get spanked or not is up to their guardians because you just can't go around spanking children that aren't your property.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote