Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #1
BaldCamaroStud
Camaro Owner & Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
GoPro Setup?

I'm considering getting one of these. Obviously I'd love to be able to film with my car as well as do other stuff. But what would be recommended to setup on our cars? Preferably for shooting from all angles or positions...
BaldCamaroStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have my GoPro suctioned cupped on the outside of my car on the passenger rear quarter window. I place it facing backwards because of all the cars that fail to pass me. lol. If you know what I mean. Anyways, I have it tethered down via fishing line to the metal on the passenger seat headrest just in case it were to come off the window. Lastly, I have an Audio-Technica lavilier mic hardwired into my trunk for sound and it's routed to the passenger side of the cabin. Once I have my GoPro suctioned to the window, I pull up the mic cable and connect it. Full HD and full audio.

Check out my '2010 Camaro SS - St. Louis, MO' thread for an example of how it looks and sounds.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:19 PM   #3
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
I'll have to take some photos of my set up this weekend but on the last page of my build thread I have some videos.

I have two currently. One mounted in the left side of the drivers sun visor (never used the visors, so I took the drivers side out) and then my second camera is on the side of the car. I really like having it on the fender, but I've hit some cones with it and I don't like losing time. So last weekend I placed it on the rear quarter.