Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #15
Minoclan

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Coupe (Red Hot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoclan View Post
Yes. BMR front bar and sway links. BMR rear sway links and stock bar (waiting for correct replacement bar from BMR). I also now have slow speed klunks in the front.
Clunks in the front are fixed, some bolts needed re-torquing and were backing out. Put the tape on the rear springs and lubed everything. The shocks are definitely the fault. Called Koni and this is going to be a long process to get the shocks replaced under warranty.
Minoclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:43 PM   #16
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Got me all worried now cause I bought some Konis used (supposedly under 1000 miles) on them and have yet to install them. The guy was running non stock tires and had rubbing issues so he took them off, I don't plan on ever going larger then stock so figured I'd give them a try for the $200 I paid. I have a leaking front strut anyway so had to replace the front end for the same price figured I'd get these and do all 4. Now I'm reading this and wondering if it was smart.....

*EDIT* I don't have any other underbody mods, not lowered either so maybe I won't have problems...
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:31 AM   #17
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Got me all worried now cause I bought some Konis used (supposedly under 1000 miles) on them and have yet to install them. The guy was running non stock tires and had rubbing issues so he took them off, I don't plan on ever going larger then stock so figured I'd give them a try for the $200 I paid. I have a leaking front strut anyway so had to replace the front end for the same price figured I'd get these and do all 4. Now I'm reading this and wondering if it was smart.....

*EDIT* I don't have any other underbody mods, not lowered either so maybe I won't have problems...
Those were my brothers struts, they will work fine. My suspension made some noise in the front stock and still does, nothing changed with the Konis. I do have some rubbing though, but if your using the stock tire size up front they will fit fine.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #18
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
Those were my brothers struts, they will work fine. My suspension made some noise in the front stock and still does, nothing changed with the Konis. I do have some rubbing though, but if your using the stock tire size up front they will fit fine.
Yea they are his, still haven't put these damn things on and I bought them form him a few months ago haha. No plans to run anything other than stock, I bought some 2013 or 14 LS tires which look like the aftermarket Havoc ones and I love them so I'll be rolling on those. I just need to bring this damn thing into the shop and get it done already....
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:31 AM   #19
Minoclan

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Coupe (Red Hot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoclan View Post
Clunks in the front are fixed, some bolts needed re-torquing and were backing out. Put the tape on the rear springs and lubed everything. The shocks are definitely the fault. Called Koni and this is going to be a long process to get the shocks replaced under warranty.
Front clunks are back after 200 miles. Rear shocks are being replaced. I wish that I had never done this mod!
Minoclan is offline   Reply With Quote