Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #57
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Okay, so far there is no 1LE replacement, but they say the standard SS will run with a 1LE.

So now that you can see the SS are you in or out? Some really nice improvements. MRC and less weight are the big ones.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:18 PM   #58
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Okay, so far there is no 1LE replacement, but they say the standard SS will run with a 1LE.

So now that you can see the SS are you in or out? Some really nice improvements. MRC and less weight are the big ones.
1LE will be revealed probably next year with the zl1
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #59
Andoskyy

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS/RS 1LE
I placed my order for a 2SS 1LE about a week ago, and the 2016's didnt change my mind.

I LOVE the interior of the 2016, but prefer the 15's exterior....especially the 1LE. I lean more towards pure muscle car aesthetics, and the rounded hood and soft lines of the 16's dont do it for me.

If it was a daily driver for me, i'd probably think longer and harder about waiting for a 16. The interior amenities would be hard to pass up. But the camaro is going to be a toy, so simple is ok with me.

And waiting 5-6 weeks for my 15 will be hard enough...nevermind year end for a 16!
Andoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #60
GIDIUP

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LE
Love the 1LE. Out. If I wanted something that looked like a Mustang I would by the Mustang.
GIDIUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:52 PM   #61
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
I will only replace my 1LE for another 1LE, so if they come out with one im IN.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #62
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
I'll get a Gen6 1LE, by the time we see one, my 14 1LE will be close to paid for. I'll add one for the wife ��
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #63
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andoskyy View Post
I placed my order for a 2SS 1LE about a week ago, and the 2016's didnt change my mind.

I LOVE the interior of the 2016, but prefer the 15's exterior....especially the 1LE. I lean more towards pure muscle car aesthetics, and the rounded hood and soft lines of the 16's dont do it for me.

If it was a daily driver for me, i'd probably think longer and harder about waiting for a 16. The interior amenities would be hard to pass up. But the camaro is going to be a toy, so simple is ok with me.

And waiting 5-6 weeks for my 15 will be hard enough...nevermind year end for a 16!
I am coming around on the CA6. The interior is a big upgrade. Less weight is more filling. And MRC. But what impressed me were some of the comments from the media types who got to drive the V6es including the guy who whumped the tire barrier.

Sounds like more fun. My 1LE moves like a cat since I have replaced all the back bushings with polys and delrins and did the radius rod inserts. Sidestep is completely gone and the steering is tightened up.

But the noise. The gear whine and clanking is very annoying. What if the 2016 SS can come close to that, run with the old 1LE at the track, and be quiet? If that really is the case, do I really care if there is a version of the Camaro that is even faster on the race track?

I mean the 1LE can run with cars that cost 2 or three times as much. Do I and most of us really need more than that? Now for sure true track rats will want the ultra SS, but I think for most of us a really good handling car that is fun to drive is all we want.

To me, I get nothing out of bragging my car is fast on a road track if I am not doing it. All I will ever do is an occasional track day and maybe try AutoX. I think most 1LEs will never see any kind of track.

One worry. Will we be happy with run flats? I did not like the ones on my BMW.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:45 PM   #64
Phenix

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Run flats suck... a lot. I ordered my 1LE about the time GM starting teasing the 6th gen. Picked it up 2 days before the reveal, already pretty much knowing what GM would be showing off. I have no regrets whatsoever. This is without a doubt the best car I've owned. I'd rather have my LS3. The new interior is great, but all I care about is for the interior to have a functional layout, and my car is plenty functional.

Unlike most people here though, I really really like the new exterior save for the butt cheeks on the rear bumper and the location of the SS or RS badges. I'll wait for the mid-cycle refresh in 3-4 years to re-evaluate. But even then... probably not.
Phenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:57 PM   #65
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
MRC is cool, but how much its gonna cost? 1LE has specific shocks, cheaper than MRC I bet. I dont really care about MRC cause 1LE feels perfect all the time to me. I know I would always leave the MRC in race mode and not care about 'grandpa setting'.

For now, my 1LE looks way better than the 16'. This CA6 rear end is a HUGE LETDOWN. People might say its like when the C7 got out; tail lights/rear end was very controversial. But this rear end is just boring and blend. No controversy here. Its like they ran out of time and copy/paste Malibu rear end. I'm waiting for the next 1LE/ZL1/Z28? to see. I secretly hope for a high output N/A engine but I'm ready for a LT4, at the right price. I think ford will have the best of both world with the base GT350.

For now, I'd rather keep my 13' 1LE/get a Scatpack/Hellcat/GT350. I would even get a Mustang GT over this new Camaro.

I doubt the MRC SS is gonna keep up with the 1LE with those gay tires and wheels. EDIT Those F1 tires seem nice but is gonna cut it? I'd be very impressed!! Stock SS with GTR like handling on F1 astmetric run flat!! Imagine with larger tires and more agressive compound!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.

Last edited by WHAMMO; 05-19-2015 at 12:19 AM.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:36 AM   #66
jbird76

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE
I can't live a life that consists of always purchasing the next best thing. But I do have my eye on a new cam (just purchased some TSP headers) and the z28 suspension package. Pretty sure that would blow the new ss out of the water and be less than the depreciation of driving the 2016 off the lot.
jbird76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:42 AM   #67
The Captain

Drives: No Car
I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude. The Gen6 looks decent and the interior is real nice. Not too big on the AFM in the LT1 though. I've read reports that AFM engines tend to consume more oil than is "normal" and GM has not fully solved (but has tried to solve) this problem; especially when cars reach higher mileages. At present the more I look at the 1LE I have (with its LS3) it strikes me as STILL the better car; all things considered. But I am open to seeing what - if any - special performance editions are forthcoming and will decide more when I see them. But at present I would be very reluctant to part with the 1LE that I have. Its grown on me more than I thought.
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #68
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I am coming around on the CA6. The interior is a big upgrade. Less weight is more filling. And MRC. But what impressed me were some of the comments from the media types who got to drive the V6es including the guy who whumped the tire barrier.

Sounds like more fun. My 1LE moves like a cat since I have replaced all the back bushings with polys and delrins and did the radius rod inserts. Sidestep is completely gone and the steering is tightened up.

But the noise. The gear whine and clanking is very annoying. What if the 2016 SS can come close to that, run with the old 1LE at the track, and be quiet? If that really is the case, do I really care if there is a version of the Camaro that is even faster on the race track?

I mean the 1LE can run with cars that cost 2 or three times as much. Do I and most of us really need more than that? Now for sure true track rats will want the ultra SS, but I think for most of us a really good handling car that is fun to drive is all we want.

To me, I get nothing out of bragging my car is fast on a road track if I am not doing it. All I will ever do is an occasional track day and maybe try AutoX. I think most 1LEs will never see any kind of track.

One worry. Will we be happy with run flats? I did not like the ones on my BMW.
I don't see how they got better lap times even though it's 200 pounds lighter +HP with run-flat tires and skinny wheels. I think with the right driver and on the right track it would be a very, very close race with the new SS to our 1LE. It's already been shown that a car with more HP and less weight did not beat our 1LE, and that was the track version... ahem.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:05 PM   #69
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
2016 Camaro My Thoughts! >>I need to see it in real time "touch it". Feel the size get up close before I say anything Positive or Negative. Then I will wait a year and let them work out the BUGS. Take one for a drive. Listen to the first Owners WHINE or Praise. So by 2017 they Might or MIGHT NOT have me buying number 5. Would I buy another 1LE? I'd think not the new tighter suspension will be enough for my driving. I don't track my car. I really don't use the extra's. I'd order NPP exhaust that would be it> "O" And RECAROS.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:08 PM   #70
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Is the Pope catholic?
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote