Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #71
S!N!ST3R

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
So to the above point...

Saving money as stated, both the aforementioned brands have component sets in the 88 and 89dB range at their $300-$400 price structure, i think less for some Memphis.

I noticed some folks earlier on have mentioned Focal, which I've had the pleasure of working with them in various competitions. You don't have to go all Utopia, they've introduced the Auditor series which has sensitivity levels at 91 and above and are sub $200 on the component side. That is incredible sensitivity for the price. Components are kinda bogus in the rear, but due to the way Chevy/BA split the rear signal, might as well put component 6X9's back there also. Unless you're scrapping the BA amp altogether through FARK.
S!N!ST3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #72
Powellbr

Drives: '99 Mitsubishi Mirage de coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by S!N!ST3R View Post
So to the above point...

Saving money as stated, both the aforementioned brands have component sets in the 88 and 89dB range at their $300-$400 price structure, i think less for some Memphis.

I noticed some folks earlier on have mentioned Focal, which I've had the pleasure of working with them in various competitions. You don't have to go all Utopia, they've introduced the Auditor series which has sensitivity levels at 91 and above and are sub $200 on the component side. That is incredible sensitivity for the price. Components are kinda bogus in the rear, but due to the way Chevy/BA split the rear signal, might as well put component 6X9's back there also. Unless you're scrapping the BA amp altogether through FARK.
Truly I think I'll get rid of the BA setup and go with the setup I mentioned altho I had no clue about the components in the rear so with that said I might be able then to save some money and when I'm at school tom I'll take a look at their products
Powellbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:17 AM   #73
cmracing

Drives: 2014 RS/SS
The Pioneer components I have been using are 88dB, not the best, not the worst. For the price, pretty good. Don't need a ton of power to kill your ear drums with these. I don't do sound competitions, just wanted something that sounds good. I first put these in my Convertible 'Vette. Top-down at 75mph we can hear the stereo loud and clear. I then did my truck and my 2014 Camaro with the same stuff.
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:52 PM   #74
S!N!ST3R

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
There are definitely "cheaper" options with high sensitivity out there. You just have to watch the trade offs, meaning crappy cone construction and overall low power handling or even crappy components in the crossovers.

Despite the "ease" of how "just putting new speakers in a car" sounds, you actual benefit from planning and homework. Don't just let someone sell you something cause they have a big sale going on or his brother in laws, sisters boyfriend has these in a dual bandpass box with leds that dance to the music.

You don't have to go big or go home, if you have box making skills you can make a single SD-2 8" fill up the Camaro in a nice T-line without taking up loads of trunk space with a small Zapco ST-1 and it will sound AMAZING!
S!N!ST3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #75
Powellbr

Drives: '99 Mitsubishi Mirage de coupe
OK, so I feel this thread deserves an update. I've decided to forgo the subs and speakers where the rear seats were, all in the name of weight savings and price. While I'll have the capbility money-wise to go with the previous route, these cars are incredibly heavy for muscle cars and to extend the lifespan of parts like the driveshaft and the axles and the fuel pumps, best bet IMO is to get rid of as much dead weight as possible.
Powellbr is offline   Reply With Quote