Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-23-2009, 01:48 AM   #463
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #464
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
one of the nicest builds ever!
awe shucks.....

Seriously, ....if I had the cash...

----

1. TVS 2300
2. Vararam CAI
3. 20x9 front 20x11 rear SLP CGM / chrome wheels
4. Front lip spoiler
5. Dove tail spoiler
6. Powder coat my Brembos wave blue metallic to match the bow ties
7. lowered 1 1.5 inches

I can see all of this adding up to an EASY 10k. *sigh*:(
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #465
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
awe shucks.....

Seriously, ....if I had the cash...

----

1. TVS 2300
2. Vararam CAI
3. 20x9 front 20x11 rear SLP CGM / chrome wheels
4. Front lip spoiler
5. Dove tail spoiler
6. Powder coat my Brembos wave blue metallic to match the bow ties
7. lowered 1 1.5 inches

I can see all of this adding up to an EASY 10k. *sigh*:(
10K huh? well hell Whats ANOTHER 10K. I Mean you are already into it for.. What about 45K?? with what you've already done.. Assuming You got the discount.

Ehh just go all out TAG... Mrs TAG cant stay mad for ever..lol. Just Sneak it in here and there.. She "might" not notice..lol..
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #466
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Mods these days are getting expensive! I'm going back and forth on whether to do the basic power stuff (i, H, E w/o tune), go with handling upgades (pedder xa), get painted stripes, or go with forged wheels. I've only got cash for one area.
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #467
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
The mods are never ending I would luv to install a super charger I just need some $$$$$
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:53 AM   #468
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

well, it's going to be vararam for sure. That's a priority. It would be nice to get the wheels next.....but, we'll see and probably have to wait on those (a LOT of crazy crap has come up over the past month that was completely unexpected.....fridge breaking, garage door breaking, ac check and part needing replacing, kiddos medical bills and surgery bill, school enrollment, plasma tv broke and had to get repaired.....never ending list adding over a couple grand so far.......and there go the wheels....so is life...boo).

Time will eventually be on my side.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:52 AM   #469
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
well, it's going to be vararam for sure. That's a priority. It would be nice to get the wheels next.....but, we'll see and probably have to wait on those (a LOT of crazy crap has come up over the past month that was completely unexpected.....fridge breaking, garage door breaking, ac check and part needing replacing, kiddos medical bills and surgery bill, school enrollment, plasma tv broke and had to get repaired.....never ending list adding over a couple grand so far.......and there go the wheels....so is life...boo).

Time will eventually be on my side.
SOUNDS Like Life to me.. just gotta roll with the punches..huh TAG..
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #470
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Mods these days are getting expensive! I'm going back and forth on whether to do the basic power stuff (i, H, E w/o tune), go with handling upgades (pedder xa), get painted stripes, or go with forged wheels. I've only got cash for one area.
Yeah I've noticed; seems because these cars are "hot" right now every company offering mods wants to charge thousands for anything. I've decided wheels first; 3-piece forged 19x9.5 and 275/40-19 tires, then probably Pedder's setup. After that it kind of depends on what is available. I'd like to go with lighter 2-piece brake rotors as soon as either Racing Brake or Wilwood gets some ready. I'm also going to get a 1-piece carbon fiber driveshaft...as soon as somebody gets one ready.

For intake right now it's between Vara and ADM's; just waiting on Vara's final results. For exhaust I'm still debating between Borla and Zoomer's. That's about it for the engine; I don't plan on headers at this time because I live in Commifornia and don't want to deal with the eco-nazis. The state is virtually bankrupt and foaming at the mouth for revenue right now and I've noticed teams of 2-4 cops/highway patrol working sections of streets and freeways writing as many tickets as they can. They'd gleefully bust you for LT headers right now because of the fines it would generate.

I'm looking at weight reduction as the path to performance so I'll probably spend more time (and money) getting lighter suspension components, titanium fasteners, etc.

It's just annoying to feel like I'm being price-gouged when ANY thing you look at wants a couple thousand it seems.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:50 AM   #471
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Doc, I'll agree with you there! Geez, I didn't know that Cali was that strict on freaking headers?!?!?! I mean...what the hell??? You can't have headers on your car???
Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #472
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Doc, I'll agree with you there! Geez, I didn't know that Cali was that strict on freaking headers?!?!?! I mean...what the hell??? You can't have headers on your car???
You could probably get away with shorties as far as emissions, but then they might get you on noise level or something. Who knows. Cities and the state are desperately trying to raise revenue any way they can after the voters voted down almost all of the increases proposed at the last election. They did hit us with sales tax increases; in SoCal sales tax runs anywhere from 8.75% to 10% in L.A. On multi-thousand dollar purchases, that starts to add up. Added almost $3,000 to the price of my car. And they want to raise it another 1/4%.

To me if you're going to do headers, do it right or don't do it at all. LT's are the only way to go. I'll see what I can do for performance by going the weight reduction route first.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #473
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Hay doc did you think of getting a C6 Z06 exhaust manifolds and having them ported and upgrading to the 3" exhaust that is used on the Z06 it is rated at 505 Hp and i think is good till 550-575 hp.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #474
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You could probably get away with shorties as far as emissions, but then they might get you on noise level or something. Who knows. Cities and the state are desperately trying to raise revenue any way they can after the voters voted down almost all of the increases proposed at the last election. They did hit us with sales tax increases; in SoCal sales tax runs anywhere from 8.75% to 10% in L.A. On multi-thousand dollar purchases, that starts to add up. Added almost $3,000 to the price of my car. And they want to raise it another 1/4%.

To me if you're going to do headers, do it right or don't do it at all. LT's are the only way to go. I'll see what I can do for performance by going the weight reduction route first.
Hell yeah, man. LT's or nothing. I"ve wanted LT's for YEARS on my 4th Gen. You know...passing up all those auctions on ebay to get the RIGHT set of headers on a car I've been dreaming of for years was the ONLY way to go! I've done nothing short of what I have now.

I think the Cali laws are so ridiculously flawed... With all the millions of people that live in that state, HOW could they be having financial issues??? I just can't understand where all the money would go.

I have a few other guess on this, but I'd probably have to ban myself for political talk and other ..... immigration issues. We just have so many problems in this country...and it's sad to see the people who've worked for everything they have pay the price and consequences for the actions of "others." ....grrr...ok...that's it.

Doc, get those headers! LOCK the hood with some special locks. Go find an emissions place and become friends with someone who will pass you by paying a few extra bucks....hehehe YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 AM   #475
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

TAG's 2010 THRSS #2 (pix of the SS in Hot Rod)

So, for the first time since I picked up the car, I finally decided to put the car cover on and see how she fits. I must say, she fits like a GLOVE!!!

This cover is simply BAD @SS. It has two hard plastic rings on either side which are reinforced (extra padding as well to prevent scratches) and two straps as well for threading a cable through which goes under your car and will lock the cover to the car....since no matter what happens, there will always be peckerhead thieves who would love to have your car cover.

When I ordered the car, I ordered it with the silver and black car cover. Tom switched it out and surprised me with this embroidered cover. I never did put it on as you really don't want to cover the car for the first 3 months or so (info straight from the GM site).

Oh...and the underside of the cover that sits on the car itself is SUPER SOFT. Make sure you don't happen to accidentally let that soft part touch the dirty ground...as that'll spell disaster for your paint...as with any car cover.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2009, 02:27 AM   #476
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Shorts are "HOT"

SAPD?
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper