Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 06-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #7337
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LahmannSS View Post
xtreme2s - Sorry, I was not trying to offend or start anything, but Karls does adjust numbers to make it appear as though you have more power. does this really matter, no....quarter mile times do! The point was someone wanted a shop to do there work and Karls is not a top choice, at least not at the moment. If i had a C6 corvette and some serious coin they would be my first call.....those conversions to the old stingrays are sick!!

None taken. No worries.

I was just offering what I had in my pulls over time, and at different places. The only pulls that really matter to me on mine was the raw stock pull number, and then when car was modified... I'll assume any adjustment these get, would been applied both times.

I have no knowledge on what these, or how these rate the hp. As 402 stated, these "adjustments" are the standard procedure for dyno'ing to get results many want to see.

However, my seat of the pants dyno..... my car is damn fast!
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:14 PM   #7338
370zyzfr1

Drives: 2014 Camaro Zl1 Tripple Black!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
The tuner they have now should be able to square you away, now if Karl's would fix their practices Karl's would be golden.

Stock pump will support more power than the stock injectors in most cars.
Ok so here are a few more questions then

1. Does anyone else have any experience with Ted at JRE? Seems like a really nice guy and very knowledgable. More so than any other shop I have talked to. But if I am missing something let me know.

2. I am going back and fourth. To local tune or to use the tuner Ted sends you. There has to be a difference. My initial thought a local tune with dyno would be more accurate. According to Ted that isn't the case because the shop tune is onky as good as the guy tuning. But with so many variables (elevation etc) you would think it would make a difference.

3. Teds 125 hp package seems exactly what I want given mostly bolt ons. But anyone have any experience with proven 125 hp gains? Karls is saying wouldn't get anywhere near 125. Not that I believe or don't believe, just wanted everyone's feedback.
370zyzfr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:26 AM   #7339
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Just a heads up, Nebraska neighbor here, i got my old wheels forsale the ZL1 replica's with machine face, hit me up if any of you Iowa people are interested!

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/5003709374/qcfc5
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #7340
chevyboy01438

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcer View Post
Just a heads up, Nebraska neighbor here, i got my old wheels forsale the ZL1 replica's with machine face, hit me up if any of you Iowa people are interested!

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/5003709374/qcfc5
That sucks they are only 8.5 inches wide all around or i'd might be interested

11/30/17 | Club F1FTY
chevyboy01438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:34 PM   #7341
krusher

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
I have never had my car on a dyno, but I do have Ted's tune. All I had to do is tell him all my mods and I am one happy customer. if you data log he can help you out much more than just giving him info on your mods. At the time I did not have a good laptop to do it so I never did.

Either way though I have raced a few people that have raced stock camaros and some that were modded and they were shocked my car only had tune and intake, full headers, and a ported throttle body since according to this one dude he had never lost to a camaro before. So I would say I am a happy Ted customer.

One thing you could do is do the install yourself and have ted tune it over email. Then you could drive over to Karls and have them data log and get on the phone with Ted to adjust. I believe GPI ryan has done this in the past and that is what I have planned to do for my cam install (which will not happen for quite some time). You probably have to talk to both parties, but I know at least one guy has done that.
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:02 PM   #7342
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy01438 View Post
That sucks they are only 8.5 inches wide all around or i'd might be interested
yea i went Z28 replica's 10x11 myself.
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:54 PM   #7343
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
I was happy with my JRE tune on the '12 SS. Never tuned my 11' LT. Make sure the tune file label matches your octane, he does a lot of tunes. Mine was a 93 tune, but he sent me the correct 91 one with great turn around time and customer service. Would use again.

MPG went down but the old SPG went up. Besides, there are other cars to fill that niche.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:14 PM   #7344
370zyzfr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
I have never had my car on a dyno, but I do have Ted's tune. All I had to do is tell him all my mods and I am one happy customer. if you data log he can help you out much more than just giving him info on your mods. At the time I did not have a good laptop to do it so I never did.

Either way though I have raced a few people that have raced stock camaros and some that were modded and they were shocked my car only had tune and intake, full headers, and a ported throttle body since according to this one dude he had never lost to a camaro before. So I would say I am a happy Ted customer.

One thing you could do is do the install yourself and have ted tune it over email. Then you could drive over to Karls and have them data log and get on the phone with Ted to adjust. I believe GPI ryan has done this in the past and that is what I have planned to do for my cam install (which will not happen for quite some time). You probably have to talk to both parties, but I know at least one guy has done that.

What does datalog mean? Something I can do myself it sounds?

Does this give Ted a better feel to adjust the settings and tweak them?

How do you ever know of the tune is off or not? Also, on his 125 hp kit, how do you know that is about the numbers you should get? I understand it won't be spot on but Ted says his numbers are a bit conservative. I would hate to install and have only gained 70hp of I take to a dyno.

For those of you who used Ted, did you dyno after?
Old 06-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #7345
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zyzfr1 View Post
What does datalog mean? Something I can do myself it sounds?

Does this give Ted a better feel to adjust the settings and tweak them?

How do you ever know of the tune is off or not? Also, on his 125 hp kit, how do you know that is about the numbers you should get? I understand it won't be spot on but Ted says his numbers are a bit conservative. I would hate to install and have only gained 70hp of I take to a dyno.

For those of you who used Ted, did you dyno after?
Datalogging: basically connecting the device to your OBDII port and recording what your vehicle is currently doing. My tuner had me do some normal every day driving and then a few WOT runs so he could see where the fuel trims were at. He also had be do some things to see how the transmission shift points look.

What is all included in his 125hp kit? Link?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #7346
370zyzfr1

The kit includes the following

JRE 125 HP ZL1 Package
Includes:
18% Crank Pulley
ATI Balancer
Metco 50mm Idler Pulley
Your choice of ARP or Factory crank bolt
Roto-Fab Carbon Fiber Dipped Air Intake System
ID-850 Injectors
Dynatech Headers your choice of Mid-Pipes
SCT 3400
TR7IX Spark Plugs
Moroso ZL1 Catch Can

Also adding high flow cats
Old 06-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #7347
chevyboy01438

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Here you go rberns http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/2...p-package.html

11/30/17 | Club F1FTY
chevyboy01438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:36 AM   #7348
Obsessive Camaro Disorder

Drives: 69 Camaro and 92 RS
Just a reminder! Great show with great prizes! Plus it's Rose Festival! Fun for the family!

Name:  FB_IMG_1433257992463.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  143.6 KB
If it's done cheap and fast, it isn't going to be good.
Obsessive Camaro Disorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #7349
firefighterassassin

Drives: Camaro RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zyzfr1 View Post
The kit includes the following

JRE 125 HP ZL1 Package
Includes:
18% Crank Pulley
ATI Balancer
Metco 50mm Idler Pulley
Your choice of ARP or Factory crank bolt
Roto-Fab Carbon Fiber Dipped Air Intake System
ID-850 Injectors
Dynatech Headers your choice of Mid-Pipes
SCT 3400
TR7IX Spark Plugs
Moroso ZL1 Catch Can

Also adding high flow cats

to me this doesn't sound like 125hp gain,
i installed a kenne bell super charger with tune and only gained, 220 over stock. and as far as 70 hp gain over 125 hp gain, i don't think you will know the difference. what are your goals with your car? meaning what are you wanting it to do?
firefighterassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #7350
firefighterassassin

Drives: Camaro RS/SS
and the only true way to measure gain is to dyno before and after install. every car will have a different numbers on a dyno.
firefighterassassin is offline   Reply With Quote