Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-03-2015, 04:06 PM   #15
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by deShaneo View Post
To be honest the OCD in me wants that CF line from the rocker to flow around the back to the rear diffuser, haha. I did get them all clear coated with some UV protection, maybe I'll paint them down the road.
Get clear bra also, cf with clear tend to chip and star easy.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:06 PM   #16
deShaneo

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Sam View Post
Looks good. Who did you get the parts from? Thanks, Sam.
Nathan has got all the parts.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390634
Old 07-03-2015, 10:03 PM   #17
ZL1Kid_AL

Drives: 2014 ZL1- Summit White M6
Quote:
Thanks!
I'd like to do the mods you have with LS9 cam. Did you have the tuning shop install the headers and stuff or did you do it yourself? 630rwhp is like a 140hp gain over stock! that's awesome.
Thanks, Normally I do all the work myself but my tuner owns a shop and he quoted me a install+tune price I just couldn't refuse. It'd Take me a week to do on my free time or have them bust it out in 2 days, so I let them have at it.. Car is a total animal now, I feel like that is how it should have came from the factory.

Take your car up to Bandimere or local car shows/events often?
Old 07-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #18
deShaneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Kid_AL View Post
Thanks, Normally I do all the work myself but my tuner owns a shop and he quoted me a install+tune price I just couldn't refuse. It'd Take me a week to do on my free time or have them bust it out in 2 days, so I let them have at it.. Car is a total animal now, I feel like that is how it should have came from the factory.

Take your car up to Bandimere or local car shows/events often?
I've been at some Nationwide and 1320 events around town. There is actually a car show going on right now near by on Tower and Green Valley Ranch blvd. What about you? Also, do you like the shop you had your work done at? Since I'm local I might want to take it to them. I do most everything myself, like all the CF I put on, but that was over the winter mostly and I'd want this done quick.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:08 AM   #19
ZL1Kid_AL

Drives: 2014 ZL1- Summit White M6
Quote:
I've been at some Nationwide and 1320 events around town. There is actually a car show going on right now near by on Tower and Green Valley Ranch blvd. What about you? Also, do you like the shop you had your work done at? Since I'm local I might want to take it to them. I do most everything myself, like all the CF I put on, but that was over the winter mostly and I'd want this done quick.
Yeah i usually attended every 1320 meet but the car is down getting some work done before StreetCar Takeover.. Trying to hurt some feelings for that event Lol. And yes nothing but love for Clint and A.I.R. PM me if you got any other questions
Old 07-04-2015, 06:21 AM   #20
merrell13

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Install

What did it take to install the rockers? Also how long did it take you?
merrell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #21
deShaneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrell13 View Post
What did it take to install the rockers? Also how long did it take you?
This video was helpful-

It took two people to install, I had to have my friend hold one end as I popped in the clips on the other end. The issue, is as with the other CF pieces, is that the part is rigid and a bit fragile. You don't want to twist or flex it too much or it'll crack. I think if GM made this part originally CF, the design of the attachment parts would be different. It was way easier than the rear diffuser, didn't take any trimming, it was a direct bolt on. I did have to drill out some holes that were scored for drilling but not predrilled. The video gives you a good idea on how to do it, it's not too bad. Took my friend and me about 6 hours. I had a problem getting the clips to stay in the holes, they were really lose. I put some electrical tape over the slots, where the clips went in, to thicken up the slot and they stayed in place. I didn't have to use a trim tool like the guy in the video, I used a long skinny flat head screw driver. I pulled the rocker out a bit, slid the screwdriver carefully between body and the rocker and pushed each side of the clip to get it to detach. I highly recommend using frog tape all around so you don't scratch up your paint. The trim tool might have made it easier though.