Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #15
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
The pipe itself is only covered in the 3/36. The pump is covered under the 5/100.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:57 AM   #16
tilove17

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
The pipe itself is only covered in the 3/36. The pump is covered under the 5/100.
The pipe (stainless steel, non-moving part) snapped (as in broke in half) in the exact spot that connects to the pump. The pump, which is supposed to be stationery, was moving violently due to a broken bolt. In other words, the failure of the warranted part directly caused the pipe, which every GM Certified mechanic who looked at the car agrees "never breaks", to break.

I'm going the GM customer service route to get a refund. I always try to give companies the opportunity to deal with me first as a consumer; if that doesn't work, they can deal with me as an angry consumer, who happens to be a lawyer.
tilove17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #17
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Sounds like you got snookered by that Memphis dealer. Did you ask for the old pipe
they claimed they replaced? Your entitled to all replaced parts from a repairer, at least
here in Ct you are. I wonder if that dealer can charge you, then submit the part to
GM for a warranty refund thereby collecting twice for the same job?
Old 07-11-2015, 06:23 PM   #18
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilove17 View Post
The pipe (stainless steel, non-moving part) snapped (as in broke in half) in the exact spot that connects to the pump. The pump, which is supposed to be stationery, was moving violently due to a broken bolt. In other words, the failure of the warranted part directly caused the pipe, which every GM Certified mechanic who looked at the car agrees "never breaks", to break.

I'm going the GM customer service route to get a refund. I always try to give companies the opportunity to deal with me first as a consumer; if that doesn't work, they can deal with me as an angry consumer, who happens to be a lawyer.
I understand that the pump is what caused the problem, but upon first repair they didn't notice that and only replaced the line. I was just stating that only the line is not a covered powertrain part.

Now that you have figured out that the pump is what caused it then GM or dealer should reimburse you for the original repair.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:50 PM   #19
tilove17

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Sounds like you got snookered by that Memphis dealer. Did you ask for the old pipe
they claimed they replaced? Your entitled to all replaced parts from a repairer, at least
here in Ct you are. I wonder if that dealer can charge you, then submit the part to
GM for a warranty refund thereby collecting twice for the same job?
Honestly, I probably did. I didn't think to ask for the part--I will do that in the future because you raise a possible scenario.
tilove17 is offline   Reply With Quote