Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-16-2015, 02:35 AM   #169
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
Is this alot louder then a rear cat delete? is it worth buying? im more into for the sound then the power
Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #170
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Nice to see they finally got them online to order... It's kind of a PITA to actually get them into your cart to check out though. Not the most user friendly website in the world.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:51 AM   #171
Twin Town Terror

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis13RS View Post
Is this alot louder then a rear cat delete? is it worth buying? im more into for the sound then the power
I can't tell you that as I have not heard a rear cat delete car. It really isn't that much louder over stock at all. Only when you go full throttle do you unleash the fury.
Elite catch can & clean side oil separator, Apex Scoop, CAI cold air intake, Vmax ported throttle body, TTT ported intake manifold, JacFab intake manifold spacer, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Weld RT-S 17x5 f and 17x 9 r wheels, MT 28/6/17 f and M&H 275/50/17 r tires, TTT rear seat delete, Nitrous Outlet plate kit, 125hp jets.
Twin Town Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:01 AM   #172
Twin Town Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
I'd assume it's quite a bit louder. I want to do the rear cat delete as well but I'm waiting for someone else to do it first, lol. Rasp makes me cringe.
It sounds like the rasp isn't as bad with cars that have kept the stock H pipe. I'm guessing that the Tru X has too much CFM for a V6 and there is a drop in velocity and reversion going into the 2 1/4" stock exhaust...

I'm going to go out on a limb though and say that a resonated X pipe is mandatory for ARH down pipes! And I don't even have it installed yet...
Elite catch can & clean side oil separator, Apex Scoop, CAI cold air intake, Vmax ported throttle body, TTT ported intake manifold, JacFab intake manifold spacer, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Weld RT-S 17x5 f and 17x 9 r wheels, MT 28/6/17 f and M&H 275/50/17 r tires, TTT rear seat delete, Nitrous Outlet plate kit, 125hp jets.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #173
Twin Town Terror

Quote:
The resonated x-pipe is definitely a beast. It's what makes the cheap muffler delete method such a success, it's raspy without it. I love the sound quality of my exhaust this way I just need it to be louder. That's why Luis13RS and I are so curious about the resonated x-pipe with no cats or only two cats, we want more volume without introducing rasp.
It's not so much more volume, I mean it did get a tiny bit louder. It's more like it added more bass and a bit of rumble during idle and cruising. Full throttle you will notice a BIG difference. I was originally going to do the resonated x pipe and get rid of the stock resonators but now I'm going to keep them on to make sure there is no rasp.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #174
Luis19SS

Thats what I wanted to hear, more bass in the cabin Well ima do the rear cat delete and if im not satisfied gana go with the ARH
Old 07-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #175
Luis19SS

I have absolutely no rasp with the resonator delete, It changes more of the tone to a deep, sporty sound which is a good sound in my opinion. ill try to get a video
Old 07-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #176
Luis19SS

I want to get it done before August, my friend is a good welder and i have about 3 feet of straight pipe so he told me to give him some time and he'll do it
Old 07-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #177
Luis19SS

Yea, rear cats are smaller so I hope there isnt any rasp, My resonated tips could be helping out with the rasp but I cant really say for sure
Old 07-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #178
Twin Town Terror

https://youtu.be/-3m3w9E6W2k

I got the resonated X pipe on. Its a million times better! Knowing what I know now. I think I'm just going to save up and get the Magnaflow cat back system over the winter or next spring... Or should I get the Weld RT-S wheels first, then the exhaust?

I wanted to make this real quick. I only went down the road about 2 1/2 miles and back. I tried to vary the load, RPM, and range as much as I could in the short distance. I edited it with my headphones in so you might need to adjust your volume or wear headphones yourself.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:54 PM   #179
Twin Town Terror

Quote:
I had to hold the speaker to my ear since it was so quiet but I didn't hear any rasp. What exactly is your exhaust setup besides the resonated x-pipe and catless down pipes?
That's it. Just the down pipe and the X pipe.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:25 AM   #180
Luis19SS

I would recommend doing a muffler delete and welding in 2.5 pipe with some nice looking exhaust tips. Sanjay can agree with me on this I think, This is probably on of the best sounding setups you can have. My friend has a borla axle back exhaust, Mine is louder and deeper then his and he paid close to 700 dollars and I only paid about 250 for the whole thing. Including install, Tips and the Resonated X pipe.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:40 AM   #181
Twin Town Terror

Quote:
Yeah, it is. And I couldn't stand seeing those suitcase mufflers when I looked at my car from the rear, totally ruined it. His car seems pretty loud in the video though with the stock mufflers so it would probably be too loud for him. There aren't many who like it loud it seems. There was a thread earlier where a guy thought our setup was way too loud. Even after my x-pipe broke in it's still not loud enough for me. I can't even hear my car next to my best friend's GTO with his SLP long tubes and Loud Mouth. But trying to be loud and clean at the same time on a V6 is a tough one.
To be honest I think the problem now IS THE STOCK MUFFLERS. There is just a tiny tiny bit of in cabin rasp every once and a while at part throttle acceleration. I think it's from the stock mufflers now that I'm pushing so much through them.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:35 AM   #182
Twin Town Terror

So real quick, then I got to get back to it, definitely more horse power but a loss in low end torque. Remember I do not have a tune. Facts and numbers in a little bit.