Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 07-24-2015, 02:51 PM   #99
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
Touche, sorry.

I guess I've just been treating these vs threads a little more general than they are...
With good reason since they usually do. This one was better than some but that's not saying much either.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #100
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
With good reason since they usually do. This one was better than some but that's not saying much either.
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:45 AM   #101
antimatr

Drives: 4 wheels + engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
The reason I said SRT is because it's sharing the same engine as the 392 and SRT. I saw online where the engine had SRT on it. Dodge shouldn't call it a R/T because the non Scat Pack R/T's have like 100 less HP. That's like the 2SS having a more powerful engine than the 1SS..lol
In '70-71 (depending on year), you could get anything from a 4bbl 340, 4bbl 383, 4bbl 440, 440 Six Pack, and of course the 426 Hemi in a Challenger R/T.

For that matter, you could also get a Camaro SS with (again, depending on the year) a 350, 396 or 402 (or if you went to the right dealer, a 427...).

Granted, things are done differently these days with regards to trim levels and engines, but it's not like there isn't any precedence to this. Actually, being able to get an otherwise plain-jane Challenger R/T with the SRT 392 motor along with upgraded suspension and brakes over the standard R/T was a major draw to my buying my '15 Scat Pack, along with the price. That, and I prefer the looks of the R/T over the SRT (especially once I had the 'Bumblebee' 6.4L fender emblems removed).

Gone: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HID/Security Pkg, Brembo Pkg, 6M)
Current: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Tri-coat Pearl, Driver Convenience Grp, Leather Interior Grp, 8A)
Future(?): 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS (Hyper Blue Metallic, NPP, 56R, 6M) or Ford Mustang GT Premium (Lightning Blue Metallic, Active Exhaust, Performance Package, 401A Package, Spoiler Delete, 6M)
antimatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:01 PM   #102
thjr59

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Scat Packs are hard to find. Been to 3 Dodge Dealerships and none has them!!!
I had a 2010 Camaro 2ss and now have a scat pack challenger. Had headers and a tune on the Camaro but I still like the power of the scat pack better. You have to drive one to see the difference.
thjr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #103
Mr Monte

Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
When I bought my Challenger SRT8 my oldest son was unable to hide his disappointment. I tossed the key fob to him & let him play on the twisty backroads by us. He came back a changed man. Those who say a Challenger can only go straight haven't driven a Scat Pack, SRT, or Hellcat.

I haven't driven a Hellcat yet but it's on my want list. My wife is already planning on trading her 2013 Mustang GT for Gen6 Camaro SS. She used to have a 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS.

My daily driver is a 2014 SS Sedan but I wouldn't get rid of it to get a Hellcat.

Mr Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:50 PM   #104
DanaM

Drives: 2010 Ram 1500 / 2006 Charger R/T
Send a message via Skype™ to DanaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Monte View Post
When I bought my Challenger SRT8 my oldest son was unable to hide his disappointment. I tossed the key fob to him & let him play on the twisty backroads by us. He came back a changed man. Those who say a Challenger can only go straight haven't driven a Scat Pack, SRT, or Hellcat.

I haven't driven a Hellcat yet but it's on my want list. My wife is already planning on trading her 2013 Mustang GT for Gen6 Camaro SS. She used to have a 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS.

My daily driver is a 2014 SS Sedan but I wouldn't get rid of it to get a Hellcat.

That's a good looking SS you got there I don't know why they are not popular in my neighborhood I mean they have a lot of g8s around here and 4 door euros and caddies.

At the major Chevrolet dealers you don't even see the SS. The lots are full of vettes z28s and z1s :-(
DanaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:58 PM   #105
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaM View Post
That's a good looking SS you got there I don't know why they are not popular in my neighborhood I mean they have a lot of g8s around here and 4 door euros and caddies.

At the major Chevrolet dealers you don't even see the SS. The lots are full of vettes z28s and z1s :-(
Its because they look like an econobox, no matter how awesome the platform/drivetrain is
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:34 PM   #106
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Monte View Post

Is there anybody on this forum who can say how the "regular" R/T handles compared to the R/T Scat Pack, SRT, or Hellcat ?
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #107

Drives: Cadillac on four flats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Is there anybody on this forum who can say how the "regular" R/T handles compared to the R/T Scat Pack, SRT, or Hellcat ?
In what context? The 5.7 Hemi is a street cruiser with a soft and body roll induced system when pushed slightly. The R/T Scat Pack (392 Hemi) has the exact same suspension as the 2011 392 Hemis (Bilstein but not adjustable) So look for 2011 392 times around a track. The SRT 392 and Hellcat have the same exact suspension set up. Given what track you are on the SRT 392 will out handle the Hellcat and vice versa.
Loading..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #108
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Hellcat

Early into this thread remember that Fiat/Chrysler will only make 8,000 Hellcats in 2016. So you better stand in line. Besides, it can't be who has the quickest car in the 1/4 mile or the top speed. Fiat has produced a great car, no doubt. However, I don't like the looks as well as the Camaro SS. So you can have my space in line. Besides, street racing gets you locked up.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote