Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2015, 08:36 PM   #29
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Can you buy these online? And if so what's the website? Thanks!
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #30
huggett

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire15 View Post
Part number is valid. For those that want this, the kit is $7.50 + tax (cost me $8.08). Just make sure you show the parts guy the number. I got a deer in the headlights look, but they had them.
Dealers are supposed to provide and install these gap fillers for free upon request...... Got mine done yesterday
huggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:54 PM   #31
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro117 View Post
Hey guys, so when i bought my 2012 camaro a couple of months ago, the saleman that I bought the car from handed me both sets of keys and I was bummed instantly lol. I had forgot GM did a recall on them a while back to fix the key issue and whoever had the car before me had the recall done. so I was bummed. While I do plan on buying a key blade to put in another fob so that I can have the switchblade again BUT until I can get around to that I saw a post on here a while back about a new part GM was making to fill the gap, and while Id still rather have a switchblade key this was kinda cool or atleast looks better than that stupid gap lol. So I went to the dealership and tried to explain to them about the part and they were lost so I just went on lol So I contacted maureen and she hooked me up! Shes so awesome! She went above and beyond! Sending me what I needed plus a few goodies! Also Ill post pics of the new insert and it looks really good, also took me like 2 mins tops to do lol. Very very easy. You just pry the battery cover off and insert one side of the insert into where the key blade would go and close it and then put the battery cover back on and boom youre done!

Also, one question, when I buy a new keyblade to put in one of my fobs will any normal hardware business be able to cut the key for me? Since the camaro keys are I guess "engraved" looking instead of a traditional cut key?
Send a message to MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:59 PM   #32
Gumbys69

Drives: Yellow SS
I was so bummed when I was handed my keys after the recall was done. I wandered back to the parts dept and they had a regular flip key that they cut me. I went out to the parking lot and programmed it before I even left the lot. Crisis averted, the recall is "done" but I still have a new flip key!
Gumbys69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:02 PM   #33
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Old 08-21-2015, 12:46 AM   #34
Foxfire15

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS BVM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggett View Post
Dealers are supposed to provide and install these gap fillers for free upon request...... Got mine done yesterday
Fair enough. Was on my way home and didn't care to argue with anyone about it, plus not sure the recall includes the 2015 since it was standard at that point. Regardless it's only a few dollars, so I think ill live.
Foxfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:09 AM   #35
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Was I the only one who liked getting a new key when I had my 2012 ss camaro? Not only did I get a free detail.. But I got a key thats way easier to use.

I never liked the whole switchblade flob. Just a normal key is cool with me.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:15 AM   #36
Nickylbau00

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1969 View Post
Why not get a key cut to fit into the FOB and use it like it was pre Recall?

That is what I have been meaning to do.
When i got my car post recall I received the fob like it always looked, with the key taken out. Was that how it was for you? If that's the case all you need to do is cut the key out of the plastic(has the chevy logo on) That same key can be inserted into the fob, all you need is a roll pin to secure it, luckily in my case I had access to my brother's spare keys xD
Nickylbau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:42 AM   #37
BkinBlk

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
Went to my dealer yesterday. Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant experience. He wanted to charge me for 2 of them......at $33+ each. I said to him, that is for a bag of 10, how much for just two. He says, can only sell them in the bags of 10, as they would have 8 sitting on their shelves. Then he researches again, can sell them individually. I say awesome order me two. He says ok, that will be $69+. Huh? I said no thanks. And then, to add insult to injury, he spins his monitor around and shows me their cost of $20+ per bag. I told him there was no way in hell I was going to pay that for a piece of small plastic.
Sometimes, plain old logic escapes people. LOOK BEYOND THE COMPUTER SCREEN!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:57 AM   #38
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickylbau00 View Post
When i got my car post recall I received the fob like it always looked, with the key taken out. Was that how it was for you? If that's the case all you need to do is cut the key out of the plastic(has the chevy logo on) That same key can be inserted into the fob, all you need is a roll pin to secure it, luckily in my case I had access to my brother's spare keys xD
Yeah that is how my 2015 came. It already had the key out of the switchblade and the key was a separate part.

There is no chip in the metal piece as it is in the FOB and the plastic key holder. So should be nothing to program. There are four programmed to the car now, The two FOBs and the two keys.

Yeah you can cut out the key from the new piece. I started to do that, but then got a link to ebay where a guy will laser cut you a new key and send it to you. You just give him the key code and he cuts it.

So just insert and put the little pin in and you are done. You have a switchblade key and still have the little key you can use as well. I miss my switch blade key.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:59 AM   #39
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by BkinBlk View Post
Went to my dealer yesterday. Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant experience. He wanted to charge me for 2 of them......at $33+ each. I said to him, that is for a bag of 10, how much for just two. He says, can only sell them in the bags of 10, as they would have 8 sitting on their shelves. Then he researches again, can sell them individually. I say awesome order me two. He says ok, that will be $69+. Huh? I said no thanks. And then, to add insult to injury, he spins his monitor around and shows me their cost of $20+ per bag. I told him there was no way in hell I was going to pay that for a piece of small plastic.
The guy cutting the key for you is only like $30 some bucks for two keys and cut to yours.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:46 AM   #40
huggett

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BkinBlk View Post
Tell them to reference bulletin #15-09-83-001 and order part #23345002..... These gap fillers are supposed to be done for FREE!
huggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:53 AM   #41
MaureenM@RC

Drives: 2018 EQUINOX
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

I do have the inserts, if you are interested just send me a pm or email
MaureenM@RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:59 AM   #42
BkinBlk

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
Huggett, I gave him that information. But MY parts guy is just a parts guy. He only looked up the part #. Paid no attention to the bulletin #. I think I would have to take it to the service department to get it done for free. And to be honest, I would rather do it myself, as I am planning on a little modification to the insert.