Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-29-2015, 04:36 PM   #15
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
You V8 guys with your 2 extra cylinders and 100 extra horses and your endless amount of mods and upgrades.. I can only imagine what that power feels like..

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
just spent 3 hours on my baby..full clay bar and carnabu wax
B e a utiful.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #16
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
some of us dont want or need speed...
i have no need for it...my auto ss is too powerful for me really..at 51 years of age the need for speed has passed now.
i love the way the camaro DRIVES.it's a true gt car that u can drive for hours on end without any fatigue..
not many cars can deliever that
Almost all new cars can deliver that lol
Old 08-29-2015, 05:02 PM   #17
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
this fkn ss man... unbelievable...

untouchable, raw freakin power... spirited driving my ass... it is the ride of the gods...
Well said...

Now make it fit on a personalized custome license plate

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:02 PM   #18
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
this fkn ss man... unbelievable...

untouchable, raw freakin power... spirited driving my ass... it is the ride of the gods...
Should have seen my face after driving our 97 cavalier (100 HP likely) for a week then get into DWH. Hot damn what a ride!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #19
$inferno
Trust No One

Drives: 94 Camaro Z28 & 2010 Camaro 1LT IOM
Even at 45 I still feel the need for speed. Every time I get in our Camaro, I want to just go as fast as it will go. But I only do the speed limit. 1 speeding ticket in 20 years. If I feel the need to speed, I'll take it to a raceway or move out west where there are higher speed limits. I have already told my wife that when I get to old to drive, I want my son Hunter to drive me around. That is if he can get off the XBox to take me.

2010 Camaro 1LT V6/A6
94 Camaro Z28 A4
$inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:16 AM   #20
L36L72LS3
Jersey Jeff

Drives: 1969 Camaro L89/T400 ~ 2015 ZL1
Speed is my middle name

Quote:
i have no need for it...my auto ss is too powerful for me really..at 51 years of age the need for speed has passed now.
i love the way the camaro DRIVES.it's a true gt car that u can drive for hours on end without any fatigue..
I drive both like I stole them. At 60, I can handle the 69 Camaro wanting to go sideways while the T400 gets shifted into 2nd gear. NOTHIN LIKE IT

JerseyJeff
L36L72LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:18 AM   #21
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
had superbikes all me life..sold me 1200 ninja this year...
happy to just cruize about nowadays on my honda transalp
my old 2005 stang and ninja
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:20 AM   #22
drew peacock
Banned

got this now
my son loves it

Old 08-30-2015, 08:23 AM   #23
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:

just spent 3 hours on my baby..full clay bar and carnabu wax
Beautiful
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #24
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Such beautiful cars... such awesome power. Such great handling... it all combines for an extraordinary experience.

I don't usually 'play' too hard with this bad boy... but when I do, its a beautiful thing. Nothing compares, no one can touch it... at moderate throttle, its like WOT for so many newer, faster cars out there. This things got so much power, I'm chirping in third at will and in fourth I can no longer make out the cars behind me. It rides so dang smooth, so straight and perfect when turning and on curves... predictable. Someone on another thread said - confidence... absofreakinlutely...

Guys, we're all lucky to have experienced these rides... if ya'll don't believe in luck, then you've followed your heart to a beautiful thing - you've found yourself in something special...

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:13 PM   #25
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
That may true for some, but at 55 I still 'feel the need for speed'
Old 08-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #26
drew peacock
Banned

Quote:
Such beautiful cars... such awesome power. Such great handling... it all combines for an extraordinary experience.

I don't usually 'play' too hard with this bad boy... but when I do, its a beautiful thing. Nothing compares, no one can touch it... at moderate throttle, its like WOT for so many newer, faster cars out there. This things got so much power, I'm chirping in third at will and in fourth I can no longer make out the cars behind me. It rides so dang smooth, so straight and perfect when turning and on curves... predictable. Someone on another thread said - confidence... absofreakinlutely...

Guys, we're all lucky to have experienced these rides... if ya'll don't believe in luck, then you've followed your heart to a beautiful thing - you've found yourself in something special...

i'm with u 100% dude...amazingly great car...hats off to chevy and thanks for creating such an amazing car...
this is the first car i have owned where i never look at other cars and think oh i wish i had one of those...
if the camaro can do that then it has to be a special car...i see many mustang owners here look at my baby with envious eyes...
Old 08-30-2015, 01:02 PM   #27
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
5Gen Camaro SS is a fun ride. To be fair and unbiased however I believe my old '07 Solstice GXP with the GMPP tune and 3 bar sensors would beat my stock 1SS any day of the week, on a dragstrip or road course. The throttle response in my 1SS is appalling for one thing, whereas the Sol had virtually no turbo lag due to the VVT and variable vane turbo, and the throttle response was great. The torque and hp curves for that car are almost too good to be true, and the gear splits matched the curves well. The power to weight is extremely similar between the two cars and, paradoxically, I find that my LS3 needs to be "on the cam" while my Sol GXP had gobs of torque available in a gloriously fat rev range. The Sol handled like a go-cart, too, 51%/49% distribution and the body roll of a cinderblock. But the huge downside of the 1SS is the car's high overall weight and relatively low peak torque (yep, 420 lb/ft is nothing orgasmic), and that peak torque is relatively high in the rev range.

Now, if I put in the 3.91:1 rear gear...that's another story.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:33 PM   #28
iC805

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Most reliable car I've ever owned. So much potential with the SS engine.

ChrisBlair - my GF has a 08 Solstice, I wish she would have gotten the GXP lol fun little sucker to driver around corners...
iC805 is offline   Reply With Quote