Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2015, 07:36 PM   #15
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
I'm in nj where it's illegal not to have one but hey whatever I hate the look of the front plate so I've had it off for 3 months now no issue.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:37 PM   #16
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
No front plate!
Attached Images

xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:05 PM   #17
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
OP. if you are that close to PA, why don't you just open a PO box as close to you as you can, register the car in pA, and you are done!. moving is crazy for that reason. I live in KS and no front plates but Missouri does, I live on the Kansas side, but work on the Missouri side, 10 minutes away, is silly. you would think both states would be more in line. in addition, KS is electronic title state (if car is financed) and MO is paper.
again, no consistency when Kansas city straddles both states. is nuts.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:08 PM   #18
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Start a petition drive in Ohio to go to just one plate. Do your research, and show how the State can save money only having one plate rather than two. Make comparisons to other states, showing reasons for one plate verses two. It is much easier to get a state to save money rather than spend it.
Thanks for the advice, it is actually on the ballot again this year to go to one plate, and has been on the ballot for many years.

Even though they use the cost savings to try to get it to pass, law enforcement always has a big campaign about how criminals might get away.

People in these parts don't like change.
Kens ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #19
HeavyChevySSRS

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Mine fits just on the lower grill. Had to do a light shave off the bottom so it doesn't scratch the panel tho. I think it looks not to bad.
Attached Images

10' ls3 2SS/RS, gfx pkg, stainless headers, 3" stainless exhaust, rotofab cai, custom stage 3 cam, 4:11 gears, wall tuned

HeavyChevySSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #20
Kens ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
OP. if you are that close to PA, why don't you just open a PO box as close to you as you can, register the car in pA, and you are done!. moving is crazy for that reason. I live in KS and no front plates but Missouri does, I live on the Kansas side, but work on the Missouri side, 10 minutes away, is silly. you would think both states would be more in line. in addition, KS is electronic title state (if car is financed) and MO is paper.
again, no consistency when Kansas city straddles both states. is nuts.
Well I was just kidding about packing up and moving 8 miles away lol. But as far as registering in PA, it must match your drivers license.

To the other posters, here in Mayberry, Barney will definitely stop and ticket, and yes it is for money not safety.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #21
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyChevySSRS View Post
Mine fits just on the lower grill. Had to do a light shave off the bottom so it doesn't scratch the panel tho. I think it looks not to bad.
That must be a bitch to back in to.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:21 PM   #22
Kens ss

Heavy, your plate doesn't look too bad there. I just ran out and got a smoked PC of plexiglass to put over it. Just to cut down the contrast a little.
Kens ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:24 PM   #23
Kens ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyChevySSRS View Post
Plate doesn't look to bad, but having to squeeze the car in the garage sideways like that looks tough
Old 09-10-2015, 08:51 PM   #24
vgreid

Drives: 2011 'verte SS
I bought my '11 verte from its original owner who lived in Ohio, he never put the front plate on and never had any problems in the 4 years he drove the car there. It seems like it is not universally enforced in Ohio. Are you sure you would get ticketed, or just not willing to take the chance?
vgreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #25
Kens ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgreid View Post
I bought my '11 verte from its original owner who lived in Ohio, he never put the front plate on and never had any problems in the 4 years he drove the car there. It seems like it is not universally enforced in Ohio. Are you sure you would get ticketed, or just not willing to take the chance?
Well... No cannot be positive, but this is a speed trap town, they also profile . So it would be pretty likely.
I can just picture having dinner and a beer or two, then getting pulled over for the plate and btw have you been drinking? Just asking for more trouble than it worth.
And no I do not condone drunk driving

I'll see if I cannot get used to it maybe try without?? Just a law abiding citizen lol
Old 09-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #26
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
Be careful, the thread I started on a license plate got vaporized. But then again I did mention guns.

Yeah, it sucks but what can you do? Run with or without and get pulled over. I now run one on both cars but can rest easy. With or without my guns.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:58 AM   #27
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kens ss View Post
Well... No cannot be positive, but this is a speed trap town, they also profile . So it would be pretty likely.
I can just picture having dinner and a beer or two, then getting pulled over for the plate and btw have you been drinking? Just asking for more trouble than it worth.
And no I do not condone drunk driving

I'll see if I cannot get used to it maybe try without?? Just a law abiding citizen lol

Exactly why I run a front plate as you, not looking to give them an excuse to pull you over.

Hey Ken, I think I have seen you running around the area. I also live close by right off 90.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:12 AM   #28
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgreid View Post
Could you have the plate handy inside the car, if you get pulled over place it on the dash ... when the Officer walks over let him know you are installing it but waiting for new fasteners to arrive? If Officer insists you could get out and put the plate on while he watched?

No front plate in NC --- good thing, if the plate was in the grill area I would be paranoid that it interferes with the flow for the hood air extractor or cooling system.
Ron
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote