Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #183
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
I bought a '15 1LE 2 days ago. Pulled the fuse as soon as I got it home. Didn't really notice much difference if any... I know I pulled the right fuse. Were my expectations too high or something? I'm coming from a cammed 4th gen so maybe the volume will seem quiet to me no matter what until I at least get headers...

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Joseph1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #184
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1LE View Post
I bought a '15 1LE 2 days ago. Pulled the fuse as soon as I got it home. Didn't really notice much difference if any... I know I pulled the right fuse. Were my expectations too high or something? I'm coming from a cammed 4th gen so maybe the volume will seem quiet to me no matter what until I at least get headers...
Once you pull the fuse, you will not notice any difference at all while the engine is idle because when at idle, the normal position for the exhaust bypass valves is open. And when you are in motion, you will notice only a bit of difference because the exhaust is behind you.

Get someone to drive along side you, slightly behind. They will hear the difference. Drive through a tunnel and you should be able to hear the difference.

Of course once you get used to it ... it will be your normal sound. If you want to toggle back and forth while driving, you will need to get an exhaust controller. I am biased and I invite you to visit here ...

http://www.forzacomponenti.com/

Best regards,

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:56 PM   #185
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
Once you pull the fuse, you will not notice any difference at all while the engine is idle because when at idle, the normal position for the exhaust bypass valves is open. And when you are in motion, you will notice only a bit of difference because the exhaust is behind you.

Get someone to drive along side you, slightly behind. They will hear the difference. Drive through a tunnel and you should be able to hear the difference.

Of course once you get used to it ... it will be your normal sound. If you want to toggle back and forth while driving, you will need to get an exhaust controller. I am biased and I invite you to visit here ...

http://www.forzacomponenti.com/

Best regards,

Steve
Yeah I didn't notice at difference at any RPM or throttle amount. But I guess other people may notice. I feel that the exhaust has gotten a tad louder as I put more miles on it too. Common with aftermarket systems once they break in I guess the same thing happened here.

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Joseph1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:42 PM   #186
JTRATX

Drives: 17 SS 1LE, 14 Yukon Denali
I'm assuming same procedure for a z/28?
JTRATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:38 PM   #187
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRATX View Post
I'm assuming same procedure for a z/28?
Yes ... it is the same. But easier since the z/28 does not have panels that you have to remove to gain access to the fuse block. Just bare bones naked rear trunk area.

Steve
Old 08-15-2015, 07:31 AM   #188
tonyyyWWS

Drives: ZL1
Just did it to my 2015 ZL1 today, love that sound! amazing!!! thanks for that, really good job! BTW, I just have a quick question, will pull out the fuse do any damage to the car? Is is bad for the car, any part, exhause, engine or sth, or it's fine. I am pretty new to it so..thanks for answering.
tonyyyWWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #189
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyyyWWS View Post
Just did it to my 2015 ZL1 today, love that sound! amazing!!! thanks for that, really good job! BTW, I just have a quick question, will pull out the fuse do any damage to the car? Is is bad for the car, any part, exhause, engine or sth, or it's fine. I am pretty new to it so..thanks for answering.
You will not hurt anything. The only downside is that you will not have the ability to toggle back and forth between open and closed. You will need an exhaust controller for that. If after you run with the fuse pulled, you want to have the ability to manually control the bypass valve position, I invite you to look at the forza controller ... http://forzacomponenti.com/exhaust_controller_d.html

Regards,

Steve
Old 08-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #190
Keithmlvn

Drives: 2014 Camero RS
Newbie Question

Does the 2014 1LT with the RS package have this fuse?
Keithmlvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:30 PM   #191
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithmlvn View Post
Does the 2014 1LT with the RS package have this fuse?
I believe the vehicle has to have been ordered with the NPP option which gives you the dual mode exhaust. I am not sure, but I do not believer the NPP option is included with any packages such as 1LT. Maybe others can weigh in.

Regards,

Steve
Old 10-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #192
SatansCamaro

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
I have a 2ss/rs automatic with a muffler delete. Will this fuse pull still make any difference?
SatansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:16 AM   #193
Texzen

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansCamaro View Post
I have a 2ss/rs automatic with a muffler delete. Will this fuse pull still make any difference?
You have to have the factory NPP exhaust installed/on your car for this to make any difference. Muffler delete tells me you don't have any muffler exhaust valves to open or close.

Not so long story short, No, it won't make any difference in your case.
Texzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:28 PM   #194
PH3688
Marines are ghey

Drives: A car
What if I pull th relay? I've had the f8 pulled for over a year now I'm curious, what would happen if I pulled the R2 relay?
PH3688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:34 PM   #195
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH3688 View Post
What if I pull th relay? I've had the f8 pulled for over a year now I'm curious, what would happen if I pulled the R2 relay?
I expect it would have the same effect as pulling the fuse. Put the fuse back in F8 and pull the relay and then you will know.

Steve
Old 11-21-2015, 05:28 PM   #196
StumpKnocker

Drives: 2015 SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Pulled the fuse today. Absolutely the best money I never spent!
StumpKnocker is offline   Reply With Quote