Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
MattyBoySS

Drives: white with orange stripes 2SS/RS
I just can't get an answer from the "New Pfadt" co.

I've tried to deal with the "New Pfadt" company aka AFE control/ AFE power. I purchased my Pfadt coil overs along with their camber plates back before the went out of business for the first time. Shortly after that I was having a problem with my car bottoming on high speed bumps and tried to contact them about it with no response. Then they went out of business and I thought great now I'm stuck with a pricey set of coil overs and no one to service them. So for quite a while now I've been dealing with this and haven't ever gotten it resolved. Aaron and his group are now manufacturing down in SoCal at a company called AFE. I called and spoke with these folks and what I was offered was a $500 credit towards a "new set" of their featherlight coil overs. I've sent emails to Aaron with no response. I asked if I could send me current set in which don't have a ton of miles on them and was told they don't service their older stuff? I really thought when I originally purchased these I was buying a quality product and that they would stand behind them. Seeing that it's so hard even now to get a reply and or resolution to my problem I don't know if I will continue to use or promote their products
MattyBoySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #2
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
its so weird bud... i had alot of pfadt parts on my firsr camaro (2010) and man i loved the way my car felt... i had everything they offered on my car except their coils (went with springs cause I couldn't afford the coils, still they have excellent springs) I would even see the apex guys and jdp guys and even the one suspension guru on here post about how great their products were... BUT ever since the falling out and into another company, I have heard nothing but bad bad stuff about their products... Im using their fe3-5 (i think) sway bars still and seem to be doing good with them but I dont think I could see getting more from afe pfadt... which sucks cause as i was trying to say, I have experienced their full setup minus coils and absolutely loved it!!! really im not trying to bash them but really just trying to encourage them to be like the original pfadt group
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
In business these days it's not enough to have a great product--even the best product in your market. There are multiple challenges to keeping a business running, from staffing, vendors, taxes, regulations, more taxes, etc. Most new businesses in this country (and elsewhere) fail within the first 12 months. It's a tough world out there and even good people with good intentions buckle under the load. Maybe AFE just needs some time to work out the kinks and pull their fat out of the fire. I've got a set of their old sway bars and I love 'em, but if they break I guess I'm SOL like everyone else.