Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-29-2015, 12:30 PM   #57
2000Firehawk

Drives: 2000Firehawk
When going to local car shows, with most cars having the hoods up.
How many of you have looked into an engine bay, & thought, is there really & engine in there ?
It's like, really, the idea of the hood being up, at a car show, is to check out the engine...
So, if it's not visible, please, close the hood, if there's nothing to see there...

Also, the 1st person to 'dress-up' , their sound-tube, please post a picture...
No hate, just need a good laugh...

Now there was only one thing that I really, really hated, & Im glad that I don't see them anymore...
Remember those bright pink , green, yellow windshield wiper arms ???

Last edited by 2000Firehawk; 10-29-2015 at 12:45 PM.
2000Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #58
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Firehawk View Post
When going to local car shows, with most cars having the hoods up.
How many of you have looked into an engine bay, & thought, is there really & engine in there ?
It's like, really, the idea of the hood being up, at a car show, is to check out the engine...
So, if it's not visible, please, close the hood, if there's nothing to see there...
Well, I guess I should tell my dad to give his car show trophies back, huh...

2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #59
2000Firehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post

I guess you haven't seen those cars, in which absolutely everything is hidden, by a super huge engine bay cover...
Old 10-29-2015, 01:26 PM   #60
joemosfet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Firehawk View Post
I guess you haven't seen those cars, in which absolutely everything is hidden, by a super huge engine bay cover...
Do you consider the new Camaro to be one of those?
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
Old 10-29-2015, 01:52 PM   #61
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post

Your Dad's engine still has a huge plastic cover. It's not your Dad's fault, and he did a very nice job painting it, but it's still a $10.00 piece of plastic.

The Camaro's cover seems to imply painted valve covers and an intake manifold.

Now, I get why they do it - with all the modern electrical and hoses it looks like a mess in the engine bay. But companies can route them cleanly if they chose to do so.

Lexus is the worst of them:

Name:  Cover on.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  143.4 KB

And without it's hat:

Name:  cover off.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  177.5 KB
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:54 PM   #62
joemosfet

Bleh, put the hat back on.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:54 PM   #63
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
I think there is too much hate going on in this thread... some people like it..others dont... but the ones that dont...please dont make it sound like.. the ones who like it are like really dumb to like it... stop passing on comments like ..ohh look ur so dumb..i am ready to make money off you by selling my covers... I mean kmon, lets stop judging..
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:57 PM   #64
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Old 10-29-2015, 02:02 PM   #65
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I even like the lexus cover off. I enjoy the engineering of the engine. I also agree they should clean up the wires and let us see the intake. I think the Ls engines with nice tucked wires looked great with some long tube headers. You could actually see the intake. To me not a car guy if you have to see the engine covered by plastic. I do think so are engineered to stop some of the noise getting into the cabin. Then I understand for the luxury sedans.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:11 PM   #66
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
I even like the lexus cover off. I enjoy the engineering of the engine. I also agree they should clean up the wires and let us see the intake. I think the Ls engines with nice tucked wires looked great with some long tube headers. You could actually see the intake. To me not a car guy if you have to see the engine covered by plastic. I do think so are engineered to stop some of the noise getting into the cabin. Then I understand for the luxury sedans.
I agree with you, I actually like to see the guts of the engine.

I just think it's comical for GM to make the cover for the Camaro engine look like valve covers and an intake manifold. The intake manifold really cracks me up.

Just leave the dang thing off like they do with the Chevy Caprice PPV police cars. That's another $10.00 saved, over the stretch of production that's probably a half a million dollar cost savings for GM.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:11 PM   #67
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yeah, what were those engineers thinking? Giving those mice a place to live, for crying out loud. The horror.

Eliminating pieces of the car is so much easier than solving a rodent problem. Good work.
Come to think of it maybe you can help me since you seem to believe a person that has mice and lots and lots of other living creatures in their area can eliminate them and prevent every single one of them from trying to find a warm place in my garage. Can you enlighten me on the steps I'll need to take to do so on cars that are daily driven? Please point me in the right direction, I'd VERY much like to not have to worry about mice eating my wiring. I'm eagerly anticipating your response so I can once and for all solve this problem. I know I and all the others on this forum that deal with mice now and then would like to as well. (Sorry for off topic content)

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 10-29-2015 at 02:25 PM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #68
2000Firehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
I agree, it looks sexy, & easier to work on, & easier to see if problems are developing, such as leaking fluids...
Old 10-29-2015, 02:23 PM   #69
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Come to think of it maybe you can help me since you seem to believe a person that has mice and lots and lots of other living creatures in their area can eliminate them and prevent every single one of them from trying to find a warm place in my garage. Can you enlighten me on the steps I'll need to take to do so? Please point me in the right direction, I'd VERY much like to not have to worry about mice eating my wiring. I'm eagerly anticipating your response so I can once and for all solve this problem. I know I and all the others on this forum that deal with mice would like to as well. (Sorry for off topic content)

Spay and neuter the first, buy a few of the second. Problem solved.

This works well too if you're bored.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:36 PM   #70
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Spay and neuter the first, buy a few of the second. Problem solved.

This works well too if you're bored.
You think I don't have mouse traps!?!?!!? Also my neighbor with one of the sheds in question just so happens to be a crazy cat person who feeds strays, had two litters in the last few months, I've got feral cats all over unfortunately. But I still catch a mouse now and then in the garage, someone said I could SOLVE the problem. To me that means I would never ever see or deal with that issue ever again. As for you third suggestion obviously joking....
(Edit I just looked outside to take a picture but there are only three or four out where I can see/photo them now.)
You see ONE of the ways you deal with this type of issue is trying to eliminate areas where they might nest, like by removing the unneeded engine cover that they like to make a nest under... hello...
If you like covers leave them on by all means. I guess the underhood looks of my wife's Lumina LTZ really concerns some people.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 11-01-2015 at 09:17 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote