Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2015, 11:02 PM   #57
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Own as many as you want - owning does not make someone a "car guy."
Well said austin.....couldnt agree more.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:34 AM   #58
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Own as many as you want - owning does not make someone a "car guy."
If being a "car guy" means standing outside and keeping every last piece of dust from falling on your car, then no I am not a car guy. I keep my car clean. Nobody will ever be able to look at my car and be able to say I don't take care of it. I am just not obsessed with keeping the tires shiny, and making sure there is no ground dirt anywhere on my floor mats. I love a clean looking car as much as the next person but there are more important priorities in life than having a showroom car.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:19 AM   #59
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
If being a "car guy" means standing outside and keeping every last piece of dust from falling on your car, then no I am not a car guy. I keep my car clean. Nobody will ever be able to look at my car and be able to say I don't take care of it. I am just not obsessed with keeping the tires shiny, and making sure there is no ground dirt anywhere on my floor mats. I love a clean looking car as much as the next person but there are more important priorities in life than having a showroom car.
Ok, nobody ever said you had to keep every last dust particle off the car........Being a car guy means you take care of your car and a car that you own, no matter what it is, is never "just a car". My car to me is much more than a car, its more than a machine, its more than transportation.

The OP asked an extremely simple question. "Who washes their car". You had to come in with some snide remark about having too much time on our hands because we wash our vehicles. There's a person on this thread that said they wash their car with a terry cloth. No offense to them but I gaurentee you their paint isnt showroom. Since when does washing your car make it " showroom"? Car washing is basic car care aka car care 101. It literally takes 1 hour, more or less to wash a Camaro depending on your method. Nobody argued with you that there's more important things in life than washing your car. Of course there is..... But to say somebody has too much time on their hands because they wash their car is just obsurd.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:32 AM   #60
benji276289

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
Ok, nobody ever said you had to keep every last dust particle off the car........Being a car guy means you take care of your car and a car that you own, no matter what it is, is never "just a car". My car to me is much more than a car, its more than a machine, its more than transportation.

The OP asked an extremely simple question. "Who washes their car". You had to come in with some snide remark about having too much time on our hands because we wash our vehicles. There's a person on this thread that said they wash their car with a terry cloth. No offense to them but I gaurentee you their paint isnt showroom. Since when does washing your car make it " showroom"? Car washing is basic car care aka car care 101. It literally takes 1 hour, more or less to wash a Camaro depending on your method. Nobody argued with you that there's more important things in life than washing your car. Of course there is..... But to say somebody has too much time on their hands because they wash their car is just obsurd.
You're taking my point out of context. It's fine to wash your car and keep it clean. I do this to my car. I don't spend 24 hours a day waxing it, blowing out the cracks and crevices with a leaf blower and having an anxiety attack if one drop of rain falls on it. I appreciate a clean, well kept car as much as anybody. But some of the guys here take it to extremes. I love my Camaro. But it's not a human being. It's still only a machine.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:35 AM   #61
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
i keep my hyundai perfect aswell.
i cant drive a dirty car...no need for it..takes an hour a week to keep your car clean.
i wax my bathroom ceramic tiles aswell lol..EVERY SINGLE WEEK.
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:41 AM   #62
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
You're taking my point out of context. It's fine to wash your car and keep it clean. I do this to my car. I don't spend 24 hours a day waxing it, blowing out the cracks and crevices with a leaf blower and having an anxiety attack if one drop of rain falls on it. I appreciate a clean, well kept car as much as anybody. But some of the guys here take it to extremes. I love my Camaro. But it's not a human being. It's still only a machine.

To be 100% objective, you tossed out a fairly blanket statement at the crowd: "You guys have too much time on your hands. It's a car. It's not a show car (unless it is a show car). It's meant to drive. I guarantee you, nobody can tell the difference between a car that just went through the neighborhood touchless car wash and one that just received a $200 detail, while it is driving down the highway at 60+ mph."

You should have clarified to begin with if clarity was what you wanted. As it stood, you aim at everyone, not the people that take it to extreme.

Always remember: we can't do anything but read what you post.

But as a tip, the leaf blower thing is fast and easy. I poo-pooed it for years and I was wrong to do that. And if you can still take advice, then you might want to stop hard-edging everything, for example "having an anxiety attack if one drop of rain falls on it.". You know that this is not true, and that you're exaggerating for the purpose of disparaging a mindset you think is foolish. What you might not realize is that other people perceive that you're calling them fools. They will react negatively to that; it's human nature.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:14 AM   #63
Skellcat

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE Camaro
I hand wash, then use a Worx leaf blower to get it mostly dry. Chemical Guys detail spray to touch it up and I am done.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:20 AM   #64
polizzio

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
i wax my bathroom ceramic tiles aswell lol..EVERY SINGLE WEEK.
WOW
polizzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #65
benji276289

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
To be 100% objective, you tossed out a fairly blanket statement at the crowd: "You guys have too much time on your hands. It's a car. It's not a show car (unless it is a show car). It's meant to drive. I guarantee you, nobody can tell the difference between a car that just went through the neighborhood touchless car wash and one that just received a $200 detail, while it is driving down the highway at 60+ mph."

You should have clarified to begin with if clarity was what you wanted. As it stood, you aim at everyone, not the people that take it to extreme.

Always remember: we can't do anything but read what you post.

But as a tip, the leaf blower thing is fast and easy. I poo-pooed it for years and I was wrong to do that. And if you can still take advice, then you might want to stop hard-edging everything, for example "having an anxiety attack if one drop of rain falls on it.". You know that this is not true, and that you're exaggerating for the purpose of disparaging a mindset you think is foolish. What you might not realize is that other people perceive that you're calling them fools. They will react negatively to that; it's human nature.
Chris I understand your criticism of my post. And I'm always open to suggestions and recommendations. And I understand that some posters here use their cars as their hobby. To each their own. I guess I'm just trying to explain that most people can not tell the difference between a perfectly detailed car and one that is kept clean most of the time, within reason. I guess what I'm trying to say is how you keep your car is more for your own personal satisfaction and most observers could care less about the fruit of your labors. Again, I keep my car clean and polished but don't obsess over it.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:53 AM   #66
StumpKnocker

Drives: 2015 SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Hi, I have water spots on the car that I can't seem to get off. Should I clay bar that? Or is thee something else/better? Car came from the dealer with these spots. It now has a nice garage to sleep in.
StumpKnocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:45 AM   #67
Whoomba

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Wow, the strong feelings this thread generated. Kumbaya dudes.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:00 PM   #68
SupportGeek

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
So your 67...you likely had the same attitude when you were 27...the only thing that's changed is your age. People like to keep their cars clean.....nothing wrong with that. I'm 46 and my car doesn't see the rain if I can help it.
Having lived in Ontario for 10+ years, that cant be easy at times
SupportGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #69
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Chris I understand your criticism of my post. And I'm always open to suggestions and recommendations. And I understand that some posters here use their cars as their hobby. To each their own. I guess I'm just trying to explain that most people can not tell the difference between a perfectly detailed car and one that is kept clean most of the time, within reason. I guess what I'm trying to say is how you keep your car is more for your own personal satisfaction and most observers could care less about the fruit of your labors. Again, I keep my car clean and polished but don't obsess over it.
See that's better.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:04 PM   #70
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I do this.
Attached Images

dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote