Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-23-2015, 08:50 AM   #43
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ss/rs View Post
I would have been waiting for the driver to come out.
No doubt... With a cue ball in a sock.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #44
Steve1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Few weeks back I had a similar incident but I was the offending party. I was backing my truck into a spot at a restaurant and accidently hit the car in the spot next to the one I was entering. I pulled forward, checked his car, looked at mine. There was no visible damage but I went in the and went to every table until I found the owner. I told them what happened and asked them to come out and take a look. He did and we both agreed there was no damage. He thanked me and went back in to finish his dinner. I went in and joined my family for ours. I would have done this even if alone but I was also trying to set an example for my teenage daughter who has recently begun driving. I want her to understand she is responsible for her vehicle and if something does happen just own up to it. BTW I back in everywhere. Work requires it and if there is an emergency it is easier and safer to just pull out of a spot rather than having to back out in a hurry.
You didn't pay for their dinner? Just kidding....you did the right thing.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #45
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
That's why I don't take my SS to parking lots, unless I know there are safe places to park.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:58 AM   #46
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
At least it wasn't a hit and run. I had a hit and run in October, decided to get it fixed and it was just over $2k. I paid the deductible and only cost $1k to insurance. So now I pay $300/mo instead of $200/mo for the Camaro and a P/U.

To the guy who said it's just a car: Blo me. You're right it's just a car, it is a means to get from point a to point b. You are probably driving Daddy's Camaro or he bought it for you. I don't care! When you shell $35,000-$60,000 of your hard earned money, you may think differently. But just in case you don't, can I come over to your house and knock the windows out of 'your' Camaro, since it's just a car? No? Thought so. So here is the bottom line, you paid upwards of $35000.00 for this car. You want to keep it looking as new as posible, as long as possible. So when the Beverly Hillbillies park next to your Camaro and deface it, you get a little mad. Understandable. I also park far away from the store's front door and sometimes take more than one spot, at 0000-0400(that's am for non military guys). Now if you don't like that, you're an idiot(And a bunch of other names also). It's also no reason to mess with other's property. Just keep Jethro and Uncle Jed away from my car. That's my opinion.
Troy
This. This this this this THIS. Thank you for saying it lol. Some people see it as just a car, but for most, some see it as an investment that they're proud of and want to maintain
Sold: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower, Custom Camshaft, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, 680rw 93/750rw E85, Tuned by CSP
Sold: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #47
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
My key and their paint would have had a meeting.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #48
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1LE View Post
You didn't pay for their dinner? Just kidding....you did the right thing.
I did offer. I just don't want my daughter to be one of those people who don't accept responsibility for their actions whether it be an accident or not. She could be one of the people we are complaining about in this thread.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:51 AM   #49
LynxSSavage
The Angry Orc

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro SS
Wow... two beefs...

1. I HATE IT when people try to minimize your feelings about your things. "It's just a car!", yeah... to you... don't try to minimize how someone feels about THEIR stuff. Some of us work regular damn jobs. Not to mention having to drop the car off, deal with their insurance, get a rental blah blah blah... To some people their cars are important. To some it's their homes that are important. Yet for others it's their clothes. NEVER minimize how some feels and even worse, don't dictate to them how they SHOULD feel about a situation. Especially when it is THEIR stuff. Some folks work jobs they hate so they can have nice things. How about folks just agree to be respectful of other people's things? How about that?

2. I REALLY HATE when people have no respect for other people's things. She knew damn well that spot was too small for her oversized rugrat carriage. She decided to do it anyway and did not give a shit who or what she hurt in the process. See here is the thing, he had to go inside to get the insurance info etc. What does that mean? That means this person hit his car, knew she hit his car and just went on about her business. When dealing with other's property, if you damage it then own up to it and pay for it. I don't care who small it is to the idiot, it may be a big deal to the owner. She did not leave a note or anything. Didn't even consider, "How is this person going to be able to get out of this spot. It is a sign of idiocy and selfishness. Anyone who knows me knows that I go out of my way to AVOID messing up other people's stuff. No matter how small it is. If it isn;t mine, I don't touch it without permission. If I break something or damage it, I own up to it and pay for it. I would be seeking a new bumper period, cite that repairing it hurts any resale value and that she was the cause of the depreciation.

I am a unicorn in Boston because I also use my blinkers, understand right of way and drive defensively... I get that... but a smidgen of respect for people around you goes a long way.

The "it's just a car" thing burned me up something horrible. I find myself to be very lucky in that I am a landlord with all/most of my bills paid for by my rental properties. I work a day job specifically for this car, mods, road trips, etc. I work a day job for this car. Someone damages it and they will have a very angry orc to deal with. How anyone should feel when their things are damaged is NOT your call to make in terms of how he should feel about someone else damaging his stuff. "It's not something make a fuss over", for him it just may be. That is NOT your call to make or to minimize the owner. Some of you need to get a wider view than just your own perspective. Sure to you it is just a car or a minor thing, but for some others it isn't. I know damn well that if I spend any amount on a car that I did not get already beat to hell, it is a big deal. It takes dealing with far too much bullshit to earn the dollars I spent on the car.

Last edited by LynxSSavage; 11-23-2015 at 12:12 PM.
LynxSSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:13 PM   #50
DARKTHIRTY777

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Very well said lynxssavage
2011 ls3 ss/rs, Kooks long tube headers, gutted high flow cats, 231/239. 624" lifted squared 115+3 lsa comp cam, ecs supercharger, Alky methanol kit, DSS 1000hp axles, BMR toe rods, BMR trailering arms, Fore innovations dual fuel pump. Flex fuel sensor and 360 custom tunes, hp tuners NGAUGE. 752 hp with 93 octane and 825 hp with E85.
DARKTHIRTY777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #51
DARKTHIRTY777

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
About the whole parking thing. I do park far away from the front door, but on this instance there was an Applebee's on one side and a strip mall on the other. So I chose the middle.
2011 ls3 ss/rs, Kooks long tube headers, gutted high flow cats, 231/239. 624" lifted squared 115+3 lsa comp cam, ecs supercharger, Alky methanol kit, DSS 1000hp axles, BMR toe rods, BMR trailering arms, Fore innovations dual fuel pump. Flex fuel sensor and 360 custom tunes, hp tuners NGAUGE. 752 hp with 93 octane and 825 hp with E85.
DARKTHIRTY777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #52
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxSSavage View Post
Wow... two beefs...

1. I HATE IT when people try to minimize your feelings about your things. "It's just a car!", yeah... to you... don't try to minimize how someone feels about THEIR stuff. Some of us work regular damn jobs. Not to mention having to drop the car off, deal with their insurance, get a rental blah blah blah... To some people their cars are important. To some it's their homes that are important. Yet for others it's their clothes. NEVER minimize how some feels and even worse, don't dictate to them how they SHOULD feel about a situation. Especially when it is THEIR stuff. Some folks work jobs they hate so they can have nice things. How about folks just agree to be respectful of other people's things? How about that?

2. I REALLY HATE when people have no respect for other people's things. She knew damn well that spot was too small for her oversized rugrat carriage. She decided to do it anyway and did not give a shit who or what she hurt in the process. See here is the thing, he had to go inside to get the insurance info etc. What does that mean? That means this person hit his car, knew she hit his car and just went on about her business. When dealing with other's property, if you damage it then own up to it and pay for it. I don't care who small it is to the idiot, it may be a big deal to the owner. She did not leave a note or anything. Didn't even consider, "How is this person going to be able to get out of this spot. It is a sign of idiocy and selfishness. Anyone who knows me knows that I go out of my way to AVOID messing up other people's stuff. No matter how small it is. If it isn;t mine, I don't touch it without permission. If I break something or damage it, I own up to it and pay for it. I would be seeking a new bumper period, cite that repairing it hurts any resale value and that she was the cause of the depreciation.

I am a unicorn in Boston because I also use my blinkers, understand right of way and drive defensively... I get that... but a smidgen of respect for people around you goes a long way.

The "it's just a car" thing burned me up something horrible. I find myself to be very lucky in that I am a landlord with all/most of my bills paid for by my rental properties. I work a day job specifically for this car, mods, road trips, etc. I work a day job for this car. Someone damages it and they will have a very angry orc to deal with. How anyone should feel when their things are damaged is NOT your call to make in terms of how he should feel about someone else damaging his stuff. "It's not something make a fuss over", for him it just may be. That is NOT your call to make or to minimize the owner. Some of you need to get a wider view than just your own perspective. Sure to you it is just a car or a minor thing, but for some others it isn't. I know damn well that if I spend any amount on a car that I did not get already beat to hell, it is a big deal. It takes dealing with far too much bullshit to earn the dollars I spent on the car.
I am not going to argue, I did not say it's just a car because I know I care way more about it than most real world (non-car guy and gal) folks do and I am not going to tell you how to feel about your possessions. I will say this. It is a material object. it can be replaced no matter how special or unique it is. Finally, it is not worth a damn compared to the really important things in this world. If an individuals Camaro is the most important thing in their life, they have a lot bigger problems than a little ding in the front end!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #53
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
Be sure there was no crack in the paint. I know little bumps can lead to spider cracked bumpers which require a complete repaint.

That's frustrating as heck. This is why we can't have nice things.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #54
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I've got a 15 Silverado 1500 Quad cab with the 6ft bed. It can be a pain to park sometimes because parking spaces seem to get smaller by the year. Having said that, I have never come close to other cars. If I feel the space is too small for me to comfortably open the door and get out, I park further out in the lot and walk my big butt across the parking lot. I don't like dinging cars, or getting dings in mine.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #55
LynxSSavage
The Angry Orc

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I am not going to argue, I did not say it's just a car because I know I care way more about it than most real world (non-car guy and gal) folks do and I am not going to tell you how to feel about your possessions. I will say this. It is a material object. it can be replaced no matter how special or unique it is. Finally, it is not worth a damn compared to the really important things in this world. If an individuals Camaro is the most important thing in their life, they have a lot bigger problems than a little ding in the front end!
Why are we behaving as if the OP is comparing his car to a human life? Like really important things in that manner. That's like saying, "Don't complain about not having heat, there are children in Asia with no food.".

No one is denying that it is a material object. But let's play the replacement game. The money spent on the car costs your time. What you get paid per hour is the monetary value for your resource called time. Time cannot be replaced, refunded, rewound or otherwise compensated once the time and the money given for the time is gone.

So perhaps some people put a lot of time and money into these things that makes them happy or contributes to their happiness. That time cannot be replaced. In fact that time went away with the car if the car is destroyed. That said, if he wants to have his car back in the condition it was in BEFORE the idiot hit it that is yet MORE time which is not replaceable.

You are minimizing his feelings about his stuff, that he spent his money on, that he used his finite resource called time to earn. He can replace the car but he cannot replace what he put into the car.

Again it is not like he came out said that he hit a child, the child died but he is really upset about his car. Perhaps some of that upset is also the blatant gall of the other human. What she did is like saying, "Yeah, I broke your stuff and I don't even care about you as a person enough to move my car or try to correct my mistake.". Perhaps the mix of car and principles, either way. Think about the pet analogy given earlier. Some folks don't give a shit about a pet. If someone hit your pet and then that non-animal person says, "It's just a cat. Get over it.", how would you feel?

Then to be dismissive, "If a camaro is the most important thing in someone's life". Perhaps they don't have your priorities, your consequences or your situation. Who are you to tell someone their life is in trouble because they have a prized possession that they put their energy into? Perhaps this person doesn't want kids or whatever you may feel is important in your life. Perspectives other than your own. Would you say the same to an artist whose entire life is art and that is what is most important to them? Ever stop to think that the artist is completely happy in their art? So just because you have things YOU consider more important in YOUR life has no bearing on what is important to other people.

See, the whole part of my rant folks are CHOOSING to ignore is the "perspective of others" bit. Sure, you don't see the big deal but this person is NOT you and their perspective is in fact more relevant than yours on the subject because he is DIRECTLY effected. Everyone wants to be treated with respect yet so many have no idea on how to be respectful.

Finally, I wrote no names in my post. So I am obviously speaking in general to anyone saying 'it's just a car' and/or dictating how the author of the OP should feel. If it doesn't apply, let it fly.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:51 PM   #56
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Lynx just delivered a tactical nuke to this thread!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote