Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #71
Steve1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Cars are my passion. They always have been. I can not imagine them not being very, very important to me. But you know what, they are just a freakin car. If it is gone tomorrow, life is very much going to go on. If you want my opinion, the OP had the most realistic approach. He got the insurance and will evaluate if a repair is worth it, because again it is just a freakin car!
Yes, tomorrow you will go on with life because you don't have a choice. But today you will vent because they are gone just like any of us would.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #72
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Stuff happens, but make the idiot pay.

And talk through your own insurance company. Never, ever talk directly to the other party's insurance company, because they will try to low ball you in every way possible.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:42 PM   #73
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1LE View Post
I was waiting for the angry mob to arrive but I guess that is not needed since the thread has been nuked.
Well anger is everywhere....off to the game....lots of anger once it gets rolling. And for those posting that owners shouldnt get upset with people that damage their cars and need to get a life....please post something your passionate about. Lets judge everyone.

Last edited by rontammy0; 11-23-2015 at 05:58 PM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #74
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Ok let me rephrase this! For starters I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A PITY PARTY OR ANYONE TO FEEL SORRY FOR ME!!
I'm 30 and by 18 lost both of my parents tragically, lost all of the houses and property in northern California that was left to me, and damn near lost my sanity. My sister decided to become an alcoholic and lost touch with me and reality and then I lost my dog (the only thing that really mattered that I loved at the time).

This was all quite a few years back, I dropped out of college and moved to texas broke and damn near homeless in 2006 at 20 and got a job making 9.50 an hour! Fast forward 9 years and let's say I am very, very, comfortable financially. All of my badass cars are paid for (I have plenty), i have a badass house in an upper middle class neighborhood and I work from home.

I know what struggle and ass busting jobs are but am financially pretty set. My point? All of MY shit is simple material and at the end of the day don't mean shit to me! Quality of life means everything to me, my health and my partners health means everything to me, having someone to call on the phone means everything to me. Having parents to call on the phone, visit with, and ask advice means everything to me!

Some of you guys need to really get a grip on life if a damn ding on your camaro ruins your day lol. If my 60xxx dollar modded ctsv got totalled or stolen I would be angry sure, but it would not be the end of my life because it's material. Hopefully this shed some light on my perspective
Well, I guess that shows us right there how you think because you have lots of money. You don't really care about your stuff too much because you figure it can be easily replaced. I guess if I was rich, I'd probably have the same mentality too. However, some of us work hard for what we have and know how hard it is to attain things. So, we do not accept the rationale that it's only "just a car" or only "just a truck", in my case, for ten years.

If I happen to be driving around and parking in lots by being super careful about my car, that benefits you to a certain extent. It is because I care about my stuff that your stuff will be protected as well. However, if I drove around not caring the least about my car, then you better believe your vehicle would be the least of my worries.

So, what I say is don't tread on my property and that includes my vehicles. If someone parked with their bumper against my car like that, I would consider that a blatant disregard for other people's property.

If you don't care about your vehicle and have the "it's only a car" mentality, that your business. However, don't apply that same logic to my stuff unless you are making the payments for me. I have pride of ownership with my vehicles and I like to take care of them.

Last edited by MikosV6; 11-23-2015 at 06:52 PM.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #75
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Jesus Christ guys it's a freakin car and was not intentional. Yes she was a bone head for it but then again stuff happens. Last year I was in the Verizon wireless store and my co worker called me on my cell to come outside because someone bumped my car (he was waiting on me in passenger seat in the ss).

I come outside to check the damage (mind you my car was less than 3 weeks old with temp tag on my 2013)! There was a tiny barely noticeable mark on the rear bumper and the lady was very apologetic and felt awful. I told her to just be more careful and to not worry about it. I put more importance in non material things in life. A minor chip or blemish is not worth hassling somebody's insurance over.

Check this pic out from a few years ago on my 1st camaro ss, yes I was angry but there was no damage. Yes he backed into me parking :/
Most of us are car guys and don't consider them 'just a car', probably was not intentional, but why should the op pay out of pocket or just live with a blemish, when he has the proof it was caused by the other driver and collected her insurance info?
Under this situation I would have her insurance fix it too.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:05 PM   #76
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I agree that the OP should try his best to get some money either through the truck owner's insurance or out of the trunk owner's pocket.

Unless your car is a show car, you shouldnt be crying or raging over such a small cosmetic blemish. Hell, dealerships have these type of accidents happen to their brand new cars all the time and you know what happens? They fix it and then sell the car like it is new.

Door dings suck, fender benders suck, but theyre relatively cheap to fix when its an accident.

Intentional door dings and car keying (vandalism) are what you should be upset about. Those usually cost a lot more because now we're talking about paint repair, not just some polishing. I'm pretty sure the entire world has agreed that double parkers have a significantly higher chance for vandalism too. So, if you truly care about your "hard earned car", you would be wise to not double park it.
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:01 AM   #77
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
If it's "just a car", why not buy a 1985 Ford Tempo for a Hell of a lot cheaper than a new Camaro? Dent it, smash it, ding it, scrape it...who cares? It only cost you $500 in the first place. Pretty simple if you ask me.
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:30 AM   #78
chjgj

Drives: ford
I would have flipped out ... This is why I park my car way out and crooked and people call me an asshole for the way I park.. well if people know how to park I would not park the way I do
chjgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:52 AM   #79
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
If it's "just a car", why not buy a 1985 Ford Tempo for a Hell of a lot cheaper than a new Camaro? Dent it, smash it, ding it, scrape it...who cares? It only cost you $500 in the first place. Pretty simple if you ask me.
I forgot just how bad the 80s were for cars. That car should be kicked and dented.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:03 AM   #80
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxSSavage View Post
The pool ball in a sock is a bit much.
I'm from Jersey, and no it isn't.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:59 AM   #81
LynxSSavage
The Angry Orc

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1LE View Post
Yes, tomorrow you will go on with life because you don't have a choice. But today you will vent because they are gone just like any of us would.
Exactly! Yes life goes on, the OP is just venting. Everyone else is making it out to be that he is saying his life is ending.

What's grinding my gears are the folks telling others how to feel about their stuff. "Life goes on"... yeah.. no shit... but does that somehow invalidate his frustration? Should he not be allowed to vent? Does his venting somehow mean his life is ending?

I vent all the time about these damn Boston drivers, I swear they get higher than pterodactyl titties before they get behind the wheel. Yeah, life goes on but I am allowed to be frustrated and to vent that frustration. But apparently if I vent about it my life is empty according to some.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #82
LynxSSavage
The Angry Orc

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
I'm from Jersey, and no it isn't.
I was living in jersey through middle and highschool!! Union County! It all makes sense now, no.. it wasn't extreme given the Jersey background. It was actually rather tame by Jersey standards. Hehehehe
Old 11-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #83
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Exactly! Yes life goes on, the OP is just venting. Everyone else is making it out to be that he is saying his life is ending.
And by "everyone" you mean like a couple ...right? On a different note, and not pertaining to the post I quoted, there's enough disrespect of others contained in this thread to trump the OP's initial post. Seems rampant in todays society.

Last edited by RobertRS; 11-24-2015 at 08:30 AM.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:29 AM   #84
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I was living in jersey through middle and highschool!! Union County! It all makes sense now, no.. it wasn't extreme given the Jersey background. It was actually rather tame by Jersey standards. Hehehehe
Ha, I grew up in Union & Middlesex County.

It all depends on what part of the state you are in when you get "violated" lol. In Jersey the person who hit you is liable to blame you for being in their way, and need to be "convinced" otherwise. It's just the way it is.

Similarly, we aren't going to defeat ISIS with hugs.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote