Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #85
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Well anger is everywhere....off to the game....lots of anger once it gets rolling. And for those posting that owners shouldnt get upset with people that damage their cars and need to get a life....please post something your passionate about. Lets judge everyone.

Great video......just remember that passionate and realistic do not have to be mutually exclusive!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #86
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
If it's "just a car", why not buy a 1985 Ford Tempo for a Hell of a lot cheaper than a new Camaro? Dent it, smash it, ding it, scrape it...who cares? It only cost you $500 in the first place. Pretty simple if you ask me.
Because a 1985 Ford Tempo will not pull over one G in the corner, and our 1LE will. Pretty simple if you ask me.

PS: I think your post highlights a key aspect of car fanaticism. Those that base the majority of their passion on the appearance (though they may have performance upgrades, but are not likely to compete with it because of the risk to the appearance) and those who are more performance oriented (and the thrill of pushing the limits of the car far outweigh possibility of that use leading to a blemish in the appearance of the car). Of course, there are many that fall in between, but just as a racer is not worried about a chip, and a show guy can't understand why someone would drive their car in the rain, we still all love cars.

Last edited by gajagfan; 11-24-2015 at 09:54 AM. Reason: additional thought
Old 11-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #87
LynxSSavage
The Angry Orc

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
And by "everyone" you mean like a couple ...right? On a different note, and not pertaining to the post I quoted, there's enough disrespect of others contained in this thread to trump the OP's initial post. Seems rampant in todays society.
You left out the "else" which changes the implication of Everyone.

It would seem that a lot of people today get a high from belittling, invalidating and being disrespectful to other people.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #88
LynxSSavage
The Angry Orc

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Because a 1985 Ford Tempo will not pull over one G in the corner, and our 1LE will. Pretty simple if you ask me.

PS: I think your post highlights a key aspect of car fanaticism. Those that base the majority of their passion on the appearance (though they may have performance upgrades, but are not likely to compete with it because of the risk to the appearance) and those who are more performance oriented (and the thrill of pushing the limits of the car far outweigh possibility of that use leading to a blemish in the appearance of the car). Of course, there are many that fall in between, but just as a racer is not worried about a chip, and a show guy can't understand why someone would drive their car in the rain, we still all love cars.
That wouldn't be fanaticism. ISIS, Westboro Baptist.... THOSE are examples of fanaticism. LOL
Old 11-24-2015, 03:29 PM   #89
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxSSavage View Post
That wouldn't be fanaticism. ISIS, Westboro Baptist.... THOSE are examples of fanaticism. LOL
I hear you!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #90
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
I'd hate for some of you guys to see my bumpers..or my hood.. or even my rims. You'd lose your minds.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #91
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
Not to kick a dead horse in the ass. But this is a Camaro 5 forum. I would assume the entire reason the forum exists is due to the passion folks have for their beloved Camaro. If everyone here were to consider these just another car, I doubt their would be a need for the forum?

If I found a ding or a chip in my car and had no clue how it got there, I would be pissed, then get over it and repair it. However, if I know how when where and who.... Darn straight, I would make them accountable whether it costs $50.00 or $1000.00
If an accident where someone was hurt, I would put my 1st concerns to the injured party. After that, back to my baby!
Pretty sure any car nut would do the same.
Just sayin
Old 11-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #92
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
That's the thing Ken ss. I am probably a bigger car enthusiasts than majority of people on this or any forum. I LOVE American muscle, actually all badass cars! My ctsv wagon is in pristine condition and definitely gets babied and tons of love and attention. All my rides gets washed and waxed very very regularly and yes I park far away and watch to not curb my wheels, or drive over puddles or water (it stays that clean). However IF my bumper was barely touched (as it happened on my previous new Camaro) and the offending party was there and apologetic AND the damage was extremely insignificant and/or hardly noticeable (unless you have to really look for it) I would not be petty enough to ask for insurance info or cash to fix it. To me yes it's a car and if we put too much importance in them that is when shit happens (not saying to dog them out and not give a crap). Once more guys we all have badass rides that we take pride in but lets enjoy them and not have a heart attack over a minor blemish.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #93
Steve1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
I'd hate for some of you guys to see my bumpers..or my hood.. or even my rims. You'd lose your minds.
I wouldn't. It's not my car and I take care of my stuff.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #94
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Oh and for the record I'm not hardly rich lol, financially comfortable and rich/wealthy are two complete different categories. I don't claim to be nor care to be, I'm just comfy
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #95
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
My car didn't get hit but I did get blocked in by some Bozo at my Grandaughters Grandparents day program.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #96
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
That's the thing Ken ss. I am probably a bigger car enthusiasts than majority of people on this or any forum. I LOVE American muscle, actually all badass cars! My ctsv wagon is in pristine condition and definitely gets babied and tons of love and attention. All my rides gets washed and waxed very very regularly and yes I park far away and watch to not curb my wheels, or drive over puddles or water (it stays that clean). However IF my bumper was barely touched (as it happened on my previous new Camaro) and the offending party was there and apologetic AND the damage was extremely insignificant and/or hardly noticeable (unless you have to really look for it) I would not be petty enough to ask for insurance info or cash to fix it. To me yes it's a car and if we put too much importance in them that is when shit happens (not saying to dog them out and not give a crap). Once more guys we all have badass rides that we take pride in but lets enjoy them and not have a heart attack over a minor blemish.
Your post here definitely makes you sound like a compassionate person on both sides of the subject. I guess your previous post was taken by many including me, like geez people get a life it's just a car, fix it yourself

All situations, I suppose would need to be evaluated individually .
For example some dude in a beater, bumps my car, leaves a mark (even if small), and acts like a jerk saying " so what's the big deal?", compared to a little old lady, crying and begging for forgiveness. I suppose I would hold the 1st accountable, and let the little old lady slide, ( that is after I slapped her a few times), just kidding.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #97
lukesparksoff

Drives: Camaro SS 2SS Convertible
I live in Chicago and these idiots park by sound .I was out enjoying the sun in my Vert and the wife called . She wanted me to pickup some things from Jewel .I parked way in the back on a angle ,taking up two spaces .When I exited the store there was two cars sandwiching my car. My head popped off with anger,and I didn't see the door ding untill I got home, WTF, I need to tip the salesman who sold me my car, because he talked me into spotless paint and rim insurance .After a year ,I'm up to 9 door dings and a cracked bumper .I'm glad I picked up the coverage.
lukesparksoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #98
todd69gs

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red 1LE 2SS
Good example of why NOT to double park. Why ask for trouble?
Put it in the last spot STRAIGHT and nothing would have come of it.
todd69gs is offline   Reply With Quote