Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-26-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
Daves1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Cam, head and more help pizza....

Hey guys! Hope every one had a great Christmas and has a beautiful new years! I am looking to do cam, heads and basically what ever you should do once you got the engine apart for the cam. I would love help on which cam, head, springs and so on and so on is perfect for the Camaro. I am pretty new to the car performance world and don't know to much about whats right and what is the right and proper way to do these things and which steps they should be done in.

Thanks guy and i look forward in all the help for my road track build 1le!!!!
Daves1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Hey Daves1LE, I just did a cam and heads package on my car. Geared towards road racing. The cam I chose is a custom CMS(Cunningham Motorsports) Stage2 cam. It is a milder mid range type road race cam. Does not put out big numbers but very good in the middle with like stock drivability.

Best thing you can do is find a very reputable builder and tuner in your area and work closely with them. Unless you are doing the work yourself then research and order.

My heads are strock heads worked over by West Cost Cylinder Heads(WCCH).

Along with the cam and head package included the following, oil pump was replaced with a melling, platinum springs w/titanium retainers, timing chain, dampner, ARP head bolts, manley push rods, and some other stuff. I Dont have my build sheet handy.

Here is my threads just after the work was done

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433897
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
Daves1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balue View Post
Hey Daves1LE, I just did a cam and heads package on my car. Geared towards road racing. The cam I chose is a custom CMS(Cunningham Motorsports) Stage2 cam. It is a milder mid range type road race cam. Does not put out big numbers but very good in the middle with like stock drivability.

Best thing you can do is find a very reputable builder and tuner in your area and work closely with them. Unless you are doing the work yourself then research and order.

My heads are strock heads worked over by West Cost Cylinder Heads(WCCH).

Along with the cam and head package included the following, oil pump was replaced with a melling, platinum springs w/titanium retainers, timing chain, dampner, ARP head bolts, manley push rods, and some other stuff. I Dont have my build sheet handy.

Here is my threads just after the work was done

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433897
Thanks for the help! I have to do my research and look for a GOOD local guy.
Daves1LE is offline   Reply With Quote