Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #43
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Benji, can you provide pictures of your current ABL lighting at night for us?
Sorry I'm one of the 1% of humanity that does not have a smart phone or camera. What I can tell you is I do have the carbon flash metallic door panels that the ZL1s have. The ZL1s do not have the accent lighting. GM screwed up putting these panels in a 2SS. These panels are expensive and I'm not ready to outlay the money at this time to replace them. Possibly in the future I may opt to replace them.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #44
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
Sorry I'm one of the 1% of humanity that does not have a smart phone or camera. What I can tell you is I do have the carbon flash metallic door panels that the ZL1s have. The ZL1s do not have the accent lighting. GM screwed up putting these panels in a 2SS. These panels are expensive and I'm not ready to outlay the money at this time to replace them. Possibly in the future I may opt to replace them.
Actually they do, but yet, for all practical purposes, they don't .

It's just very dim, that's all. It's a common complaint on the ZL1 forum, but no one really cares it seems. Too much overspray, it's darker paint, hence even less light reflection against the black panel vs the SS silver/grey, and the red led makes it even more dim than the Tron'esque blue led.

Two solutions. Either dremel it out, or you buy aftermarket panels by a vendor on here (I forget their name).

I THINK they sell lighted panels, but they are painted from the outside, vs the OEM panels that are painted from the inside and covered in a thick clear on the outside.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #45
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
If you want to swap panels- I'd gladly trade the silverish/blue ones from my 2015 for your black ones.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:54 AM   #46
benji276289

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
If you want to swap panels- I'd gladly trade the silverish/blue ones from my 2015 for your black ones.
If you lived reasonably close to me I'd take you up on it.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:25 PM   #47
pugandbull
Snackcakes!

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Black Commemorative
I have had my 2015 Commemorative for 2 months and until I read this post I didn't know I had ambient lighting on the doors. I ran out to the garage, kept the lights off and sure enough I could see a very faint red light. I had to get down to door level to see it.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:24 AM   #48
benji276289

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugandbull View Post
I have had my 2015 Commemorative for 2 months and until I read this post I didn't know I had ambient lighting on the doors. I ran out to the garage, kept the lights off and sure enough I could see a very faint red light. I had to get down to door level to see it.
I love my 2015 but GM really dropped the ball with this one. Ambient lighting is part of the overall experience of owning a 2LT or 2SS. Sorry I had to be the one to break this to you
Old 12-24-2015, 03:46 AM   #49
rosbos

Drives: 2011
help with headlights

Guys i need help with headlights. .. 2014 with r/s headlights how can i convert to halogen ??? Is this possible? Harness??etc.. I want to do so that i cant create a unique style with leds ... any feedback helps
rosbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 03:03 PM   #50
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosbos View Post
Guys i need help with headlights. .. 2014 with r/s headlights how can i convert to halogen ??? Is this possible? Harness??etc.. I want to do so that i cant create a unique style with leds ... any feedback helps
Wrong thread dude.

Repost new one with applicable headlight title.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #51
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugandbull View Post
You are going to have to do exactly what I did to my OEM Carbon Flash panels (same as yours), in order for you to achieve anything resembling ambient panel lighting.

I was completely appalled when I took off my original silver grey 2SS panels, and installed the darker Carbon Flash ones, and realized that in order to see the LED panel light, even in complete darkness, I had to squint..

Even adding an extra LED, will hardly make a difference at all with the Carbon Flash door panels.

If you wish to keep them, surgery is the only solution.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:31 PM   #52
pugandbull
Snackcakes!

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Black Commemorative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
You are going to have to do exactly what I did to my OEM Carbon Flash panels (same as yours), in order for you to achieve anything resembling ambient panel lighting.

I was completely appalled when I took off my original silver grey 2SS panels, and installed the darker Carbon Flash ones, and realized that in order to see the LED panel light, even in complete darkness, I had to squint..

Even adding an extra LED, will hardly make a difference at all with the Carbon Flash door panels.

Thanks Camaro Dude for the info. I'm definitely going to fix this
Old 12-25-2015, 10:23 AM   #53
Xthug68

Drives: 2015 Camaro Commemorative Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post

In the same boat with the commemorative edition so thanks for this. Any way I could push my luck and ask you to break this down a little? Want to give it a shot but the car is not even a week old for me and your use of the word surgery didn't help my confidence
Xthug68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #54
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xthug68 View Post
In the same boat with the commemorative edition so thanks for this. Any way I could push my luck and ask you to break this down a little? Want to give it a shot but the car is not even a week old for me and your use of the word surgery didn't help my confidence
Weell first thing is first, you need to take your door panel off, and visualize, as writing about it won't mean a thing unless you actually open it up, visualize, then read about it further need be on here.

DIY instructions to remove: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65282

Basically, you need to sand the area under/near the whole length of the ABL tube, PLUS remove that tape at the front.

I can help you once you remove the door panel.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #55
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xthug68 View Post
Since your Camaro is a week old I would think this mod would be very low on your bucket list. Tearing your Camaro apart for this I wouldn't do unless it bothers you that much.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:07 PM   #56
5 gen. 5

Drives: 2011 2LS triple black
anybody know how to hook up lights on A 2011 2ls DOORS. THERE IS NOT A PLUG FOR THEM FOR THEY did not come with the factory lights. Thanks for any info.
5 gen. 5 is offline   Reply With Quote