Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-14-2016, 05:14 AM   #15
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnkathy View Post
Just saw your video Magna Flow. Are you honestly stating there is a 25hp and a 20ft/lb torque gain from simply switching from a stock zl1 cat back exhaust to your system?
I'm with you, doubt you'll get any kind of noticeable power from a cat-back. But, it is there business and job to produce a product that provides performance as well as aesthetics. How much hp is the question. I installed a resonated x-pipe in which their website said there would be both hp and tq gains, and even though I didn't dyno to prove it, I think I lost some tq. Either way, I can't argue it without proof, but it did get rid of the rasp, which is what I wanted.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #16
vicnkathy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester Turbo
I get its there business and job to provide a product. What I don't get is the nonsense claims a company can make to try to sell a product. 25hp from a ZL1 catback exhaust???? Seriously Maxnaflow??? What about accountability for your claims? What about integrity?? I'm not picking on them. I've bought there complete system on several different cars over the years I've been involved in the hobby. Great quality and they usually fit with minimal effort. But to make a claim like 25hp and 20ft/lbs of torque is a total fabrication. There is absolutely NO WAY. How about some real proof? An independent dyno. A random ZL1. And a back to back test under the same conditions. Interested???
vicnkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:14 AM   #17
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
That would be something. Everything I've read (and I haven't read everything) points to minimal hp/tq gains from cat-backs on the ZL1. Wouldn't it be nice to spend $1,000+ for something that gives you more than just a pleasant sound???
Old 01-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #18
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Chill Vic all exhaust companies and other performance mod companies say the same thing. Don't really care about power. Anyone know of catbacks other than the ones listed?
Old 01-15-2016, 06:01 AM   #19
vicnkathy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester Turbo
Oh I'm chilled. I just hate bogus claims. Sorry to crap in your thread,,,rant over lol.
vicnkathy is offline   Reply With Quote