Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
IntoForever

Drives: 2015, Midnight metallic blue
Speakers... I need MORE!!!!

Has anyone measured the space below the dash or behind the panels under the windows in the back seat? The imaging sucks and with my hearing damage I need more speakers. I had 18 speakers in my '88 and at low volume I could hear it fine with the windows down on the freeway. I would like to mount some low profile speakers in the dash (no HUD to get in the way) and 6x9's under the back windows.
IntoForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #2
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Old 02-24-2016, 01:28 PM   #3
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
here - try this....

should be an easy weekend mod...
Attached Images

kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #4
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
There is tons of space behind the panels in backseat. Could add 6in components back there.

If you are really hard at hearing replace factory amp with something with power and add 6.5 components to rear and replace the rest with better stuff. Im running about 600w through the fronts and another 500w for subs. I can tell you that you will be able to hear it for sure. More power better speakers, i dont know if i personally would be cutting panels in a camaro and adding speakers.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #5
IntoForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
should be an easy weekend mod...
Yeah, shouldn't be too much trouble to install back seat doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
There is tons of space behind the panels in backseat. Could add 6in components back there.

If you are really hard at hearing replace factory amp with something with power and add 6.5 components to rear and replace the rest with better stuff. Im running about 600w through the fronts and another 500w for subs. I can tell you that you will be able to hear it for sure. More power better speakers, i dont know if i personally would be cutting panels in a camaro and adding speakers.
Thanks for your feedback! I'm just weighing options. I used to do concert photography and covered over 1000 concerts in a 10 year period in addition to a firearms instructor and some of my toys have a shockwave that can clear your sinuses at 10'. I had great results with previous systems and many speakers instead of more power through mediocre components and just want quality. I really want to cut small holes in the dash for a set of tweeters to get better imaging as the door tweeters aren't really aimed correctly.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #6
SnowyCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoForever View Post
Yeah, shouldn't be too much trouble to install back seat doors.

Thanks for your feedback! I'm just weighing options. I used to do concert photography and covered over 1000 concerts in a 10 year period in addition to a firearms instructor and some of my toys have a shockwave that can clear your sinuses at 10'. I had great results with previous systems and many speakers instead of more power through mediocre components and just want quality. I really want to cut small holes in the dash for a set of tweeters to get better imaging as the door tweeters aren't really aimed correctly.
For ultimate clarity and power look at focal and hertz speakers, and pair them with class a amps. I have focal ps165 up front with jl audio 6x9 powered by alpine pdx f4 and 500w of alpine subwoofers. And there isnt many at the stereo competitions who get close clarity wise at high level to me. Of course there are some serious guys who have more money than brains in it. But for medium budget and great products... focal, hertz, jl audio, alpine ... dont waste time with the other noise.

If it were me and i was going to drop some serious money like it sounds you will. Get a class a amp for your fronts around 150w a channel something like the jl audio slash amp or a few other focal ones. Both will put out a lot of power. With focal polyglass components. And then do 500w to 1000w in jl subwoofers (sealed box 2 x 10in). Invest in dynamat, a lot of dynamat... see how you like it and then if you really want add another amp and put 6in in the rear and tweeters up front in the dash. But cutting panels would be my very last resort considering you can push a lot out of a really good set of components. Dont waste your time with kicker or kaption or whatever the salesman wants to tell you is good that he makes double commision on (ive been that guy btw)

Pm me if you need help building a system.

Derek
Old 03-01-2016, 07:07 PM   #7
IntoForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
For ultimate clarity and power look at focal and hertz speakers, and pair them with class a amps. I have focal ps165 up front with jl audio 6x9 powered by alpine pdx f4 and 500w of alpine subwoofers. And there isnt many at the stereo competitions who get close clarity wise at high level to me. Of course there are some serious guys who have more money than brains in it. But for medium budget and great products... focal, hertz, jl audio, alpine ... dont waste time with the other noise.

If it were me and i was going to drop some serious money like it sounds you will. Get a class a amp for your fronts around 150w a channel something like the jl audio slash amp or a few other focal ones. Both will put out a lot of power. With focal polyglass components. And then do 500w to 1000w in jl subwoofers (sealed box 2 x 10in). Invest in dynamat, a lot of dynamat... see how you like it and then if you really want add another amp and put 6in in the rear and tweeters up front in the dash. But cutting panels would be my very last resort considering you can push a lot out of a really good set of components. Dont waste your time with kicker or kaption or whatever the salesman wants to tell you is good that he makes double commision on (ive been that guy btw)

Pm me if you need help building a system.

Derek
I've built a few systems in the past that were insane. Now I'm just looking for great imaging, barely any louder. I have about a dozen MB Quart speakers from when they were still made in Germany, some from the '88 Camaro.

Thanks,
Sean.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #8
SnowyCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoForever View Post
I've built a few systems in the past that were insane. Now I'm just looking for great imaging, barely any louder. I have about a dozen MB Quart speakers from when they were still made in Germany, some from the '88 Camaro.

Thanks,
Sean.
Definetly check our focal and hertz speakers. They are the clearest I've ever run. They have some really good products! Class A amps will do you well too then. Of course they dont come cheap though haha.