Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #57
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Yeah, I see you are in Watts. Do you know Fred Sanford?
Of course I know Fred. And Bubba, Leroy and Grady.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #58
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
She'll be sleepin for only a couple of weeks hopefully
Forged 418 Ls3 from Texas Speed, LSX heads from Texas Speed, Tick Turbo cam, Jakes/PCM/Billet 4l80e, 3200 Stall converter from Circle D, DSS 750 hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, stock 3.23 gears, TSW Wheels Front 20x10 Rear 20x11.5, Fabberage Twin Turbo Supercharger Killer kit with Upgraded Turbos, Squash Dual fuel pump, Full BMR Suspension/bushings, Holly High Rise intake manifold, ID1300 Injectors, Megan Coilovers, PCM of NC plug and play trans kit. HP/TQ TBA
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #59
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I drove mine on the weekend.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:52 PM   #60
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
two things I get from this type of thread, 1) southerners can never appreciate the Joy of going without a Camaro for months and falling in love with her all over again! 2) the degree of acceptable driving conditions that is deemed acceptable for driving your car in after winter storage varies a bit from person to person and dependent on where you live.

Where I live it is mostly rural, a lot of coal mines and old coke ovens and gob files, as well as many limestone quarries. The road treatments of choice after Salt is lime stone chips, and coal ash. believe me you don't want to drive a car you care about through this stuff, not if you want a nice paint job down the road. around here you have to wait on heavy rain to clean the roads up could take two to four heavy rains to make it acceptable to drive on.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #61
dmcm494

Drives: 2011 2SS Camaro L99 Cyber Grey
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
two things I get from this type of thread, 1) southerners can never appreciate the Joy of going without a Camaro for months and falling in love with her all over again! 2) the degree of acceptable driving conditions that is deemed acceptable for driving your car in after winter storage varies a bit from person to person and dependent on where you live.

Where I live it is mostly rural, a lot of coal mines and old coke ovens and gob files, as well as many limestone quarries. The road treatments of choice after Salt is lime stone chips, and coal ash. believe me you don't want to drive a car you care about through this stuff, not if you want a nice paint job down the road. around here you have to wait on heavy rain to clean the roads up could take two to four heavy rains to make it acceptable to drive on.
I agree but I couldn't wait any longer. Had min out on the 28 th. But I did install splash guards this winter that seems to help with the cinders. But the pot holes are the big thing to watch out for. Rt7 is getting rough.
dmcm494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #62
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
From a Floridian:

What is storage?
That's where you hopefully have your car when the next hurricane blows through. If you're lucky.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #63
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
April.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:06 PM   #64
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
His came out Sunday

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #65
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcm494 View Post
:
I agree but I couldn't wait any longer. Had min out on the 28 th. But I did install splash guards this winter that seems to help with the cinders. But the pot holes are the big thing to watch out for. Rt7 is getting rough.
now there saying on Weather.com that we are going to have three 70 degree days coming next week looks like the tender is coming off sunday!!

*****Millcreek, that is the Tygart Valley area correct? our leg of route 7 just got repaved back in November(I know, strange time to do it) so only a couple pot holes that I have noticed. should be pretty smooth compared to the last couple years*****

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
Old 03-01-2016, 05:29 PM   #66
TIREKLR

Drives: 2015 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Came out Thursday. Best 55 second ride from garage to the trailer. It's at the Detroit Autorama now. Going back in the trailer tomorrow, then back in the garage, probably until April. Stupid Michigan winters. At least I have the loading and unloading drive to look forward to.
Your paint looks Bad Ass, is it ceramic coated or anything like that or just really good light and detail job?
TIREKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:59 PM   #67
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I try to get it out a couple of times over winter on clear days and roads. I do notice when it comes out of storage it's louder then I remember. And the first drive reminds how powerful it is......something I may have gotten used to in the nice weather. Hopefully mid april
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:18 PM   #68
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I try to get it out a couple of times over winter on clear days and roads. I do notice when it comes out of storage it's louder then I remember. And the first drive reminds how powerful it is......something I may have gotten used to in the nice weather. Hopefully mid april
remote started mine after pulling the cover up on the back a couple times, sent shock waves through the house....LOL

Old 03-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #69
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
Mine came out today. It was 65 today so I took it for a nice long ride with the top down.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:29 PM   #70
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
remote started mine after pulling the cover up on the back a couple times, sent shock waves through the house....LOL
Yep....my daughter was inside the house and recorded some of the pictures on the wall vibrating......it was even planned
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote