Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #29
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Just drill the muffler weep holes back out if they get clogged. Or if you have a real problem maybe just a teeny bit larger. CO2 should not be a problem. The weep holes are not in the direct airflow so at idle there should not be enough canister pressure to bleed out the hole. With any kind of flow velocity, the car should be moving... The hole and the designed exit are only about a foot apart.

Just my < .02

P.S. How many cars have you ridden in with the exhaust turndowns before the rear axle ? And NASCAR has the exhaust coming out in front of the rear tires.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #30
wyant777

Drives: 1971 Camaro
Drive you car more it will burn off. 2500 miles is not nearly enough hehe
wyant777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:12 AM   #31
kingbow

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Went to the exhaust shop to do a muffler delete today.

Halfway through the process, while I'm in the waiting room, I notice that the mechanic has got a second one from the bay on the other side of the building. He kinda implied it was a one-man job but whatever.

A few minutes later he busts into the room and tells me excitedly "You gotta see this". I follow him into the repair bay and he starts pouring water out of one of my mufflers (and only one of them). He pretty much tells me about how it's just completely filled with water and that the other one didn't have a drop in it.

And so here I am now a few hours later back home looking up why the hell there was so much water in just one muffler.

Unlike my other questions on this forum, this one doesn't really need an answer to. I don't have them on the car anymore!
kingbow is offline   Reply With Quote