Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Advanti HY Hybris Wheels

Anyone have any opinions or feedback (from experience) on the Advanti HY Hybris wheels (or Advanti in general)? Here is a URL: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...lar=RS+Package

I don't plan on track'ing; just wondering how these might hold up to a big pothole or something, being only 20 lbs, not to mention only $250 per; sounds too good!

I'm thinking of down-sizing to 19" wheels to reduce weight. With these in 19x9.5" and 275/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sports all around I'd not only have more meat up front but I'd drop a whopping ~65 lbs. of rotational mass. Giggity!
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
Geelouise

Drives: 2011 v6
I like these! Buy them and let me know how it turns out
Geelouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
Blackchevyroarin

Drives: 2012 camaro 1ls 3.6 LFX
I went with 19X9.5 +35.. 275/35 and could not be happier. The weight difference is definitely noticeable.

EDIT: the +35 offset will be really.....REAAAAALLLLYYYYY... close to rubbing strut up front. No problems in the back though. I bought spacers to clear some more room and the look is exactly what I wanted. Just a heads up.

Last edited by Blackchevyroarin; 04-08-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Blackchevyroarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:49 PM   #4
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
You got any pics blackchevy.?
Old 04-08-2016, 09:26 PM   #5
KillboyPowerhead

Thanks for the head's up vis-a-vis the offset. I didn't think +35 would be an issue since those replica ZL1 and Z28 wheels come in 20x10 +35, and these wheels/tires would be smaller and narrower than the 285's one might put on a 10" wide wheel (assuming that's what people put on these wheels). Maybe the 19" has less clearance because of the angle of the strut?

Are you lowered? I intend to lower the car about 1"; in fact I have the Eibach springs, but I haven't put them on yet.

What size spacer did you use? Also what tire are you running? I hear the PSS's stick out farther than others, so maybe a narrower tire might be safer.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #6
Blackchevyroarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Thanks for the head's up vis-a-vis the offset. I didn't think +35 would be an issue since those replica ZL1 and Z28 wheels come in 20x10 +35, and these wheels/tires would be smaller and narrower than the 285's one might put on a 10" wide wheel (assuming that's what people put on these wheels). Maybe the 19" has less clearance because of the angle of the strut?

Are you lowered? I intend to lower the car about 1"; in fact I have the Eibach springs, but I haven't put them on yet.

What size spacer did you use? Also what tire are you running? I hear the PSS's stick out farther than others, so maybe a narrower tire might be safer.
--I ran without spacers for a while and did not rub at all.. but like I said. it was sketchy close up front, but I never rubbed at any event.

I also run the Eibach pro kit. Which fixed some of the wheel gap and tightened up the steering a lot. Was also a pretty straight forward install. I did have some trouble re-timing the bushings though. I'm a bigger guy so getting under the car was my biggest issue.

I now have the eibach 25MM spacers on all 4 corners, which I could not be happier with. I did have to do some stud trimming, but did not have to trim down anything south of the threads. I will try to post up a good picture but am not exactly sure how. if someone could point me in a good direction that would be great . My current profile pic is without the springs and spacers.

right now, I am running Lexani lx20 275-35-19 which are pretty cheap, but decent.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the setup and it is my favorite for any type of course event. My only gripe is trying to get my cheap tires to hook.

You may know this already, but changing the wheel diameter will throw your spedo. calibration off. You can have it re-calibrated at the dealership. While they were doing that, I had them raise the speed limiter as well.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Its actually a really good wheel did a few setups with them the setup is slightly weak IMO but their light so that makes up for it.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:12 PM   #8
KillboyPowerhead

What do you mean by "the setup is slightly weak"? I probably won't get wheels for another two years or so as I'm waiting for the Pirelli's to die off (semi-naturally, that is ), so I'm sure there will be more to choose from by then - maybe some 19" flow forged Z28 replicas will be around by then... giggity x2!

Good to hear that you were lowered and did not experience rubbing; that's all that matters to me. What tires are/were you running? I was thinking of going with the Michelin PSS but I hear they're a bit wider than others. If the clearance was minimal then maybe I'll go with a narrower tire, or just get small spacers (spacers would also get me a slightly wider track).

As for timing bushings, would it be possible to time one wheel at a time using a jack to simulate load (i.e. jack up the tire)? I'm thinking if you knew the distance from ground to fender you'd know how high to lift the wheel, and this way you can have the car on stands rather than putting blocks under the tires or whatever it is people do in the driveway; might be a little easier?
Old 04-12-2016, 08:23 AM   #9
Blackchevyroarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
What do you mean by "the setup is slightly weak"? I probably won't get wheels for another two years or so as I'm waiting for the Pirelli's to die off (semi-naturally, that is ), so I'm sure there will be more to choose from by then - maybe some 19" flow forged Z28 replicas will be around by then... giggity x2!

Good to hear that you were lowered and did not experience rubbing; that's all that matters to me. What tires are/were you running? I was thinking of going with the Michelin PSS but I hear they're a bit wider than others. If the clearance was minimal then maybe I'll go with a narrower tire, or just get small spacers (spacers would also get me a slightly wider track).

As for timing bushings, would it be possible to time one wheel at a time using a jack to simulate load (i.e. jack up the tire)? I'm thinking if you knew the distance from ground to fender you'd know how high to lift the wheel, and this way you can have the car on stands rather than putting blocks under the tires or whatever it is people do in the driveway; might be a little easier?
I am running Lexani LX20. I'm not exactly sure how they would compare width wise to the pss. I think they are relatively wide though for 275/35

I have never heard of someone doing it one side at a time. Maybe someone else can chime in as I have no idea. I used wooden pallets to lift the car off of the ground and keep it level.

There are calculator/diagrams online were you can type in all of your stock info and it will compare your stock specs. to your new wheel specs. It helped me out a lot.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:12 PM   #10
KillboyPowerhead

I may just try to line up everything as close to stock as possible so my alignment isn't off too much and then just get the timing done with the alignment; if the techs have no idea what timing bushings means then I'll just walk them through myself.

Anyway, thanks for the input.