Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
STAY AWAY FROM FH DAILEY IN SAN LEANDRO!!!

These guys were jokers from the jump, and the Sales manager steve is a major dickhole.

I was speaking to a sales associate name Gary. I told him I would only pay MSRP, he talked to the GM and GM said cool, but I had to understand if someone else came in and wanted to pay more than MSRP I would be bumped down to the last of their 3 remaining allocations. I said alright whatever, Ill still be in allocation. I told him Id meet him the next day after work. I called him midday and he told me he was on half day, he briefed his partner and hed be waiting for me. I go in to speak to his partner John Eggers, he says "Go talk to steve, he has more experience building Camaro's. Well he built it and they says ok so you and Gary agreed 2500 over sticker... and this is where it went downhill

He starts telling me all kinds of crap sayin they cant sell for anything under, its the hottest car out right now, I wont be able to get it anywhere else for the same price, I told him I found 4 other local dealerships who would and he said "Well why did you come here then"

So I call Gary and told him what was going on, he sounded pissed, called the GM and the GM called the schmuck and so he changed his whole story around saying yea they can do MSRP but the getting bumped down to the last allocation was still in effect. So I gave the 2k deposit, and "ordered" the car, thinking Ill still be within allocation. steve goes "Oh the system is down for routine maintenance, Ill place your order first thing tomorrow."

Noone EVER called me with any order number or any update.

He left me with such a bad taste in my mouth that I continued my search in finding a legit dealer, once I did, I went in to cancel, and he seemed upset, thats when I started getting the run around

The finance guy isnt in today, give me a call tomorrow and well have it cancelled

Oh he left early, try again tomorrow

Got a hold of another guy that asissts in orders

"Out of the 19 orders we have placed I dont have your name on a single one, So I have nothing to cancel"

Took my $$ and order was never even placed, this is 2 weeks after the order.

5 days trying to get my deposit refunded because they "Lost my CC# and Expiration date"

Finally got a hold of the guy that does the ordering, he asked why I was cancelling, told him my whole story he says "Wow Im really sorry about this whole experience, it sounds like EVERYTHING steve was telling you was wrong, if you change your mind in the future you can just go through me"

STAY AWAY!!!!
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
bilydean

Drives: One of the rare ABM camaros
I was talking with Chris at Fremont Chevrolet and he said they still had some allocation available and would do MSRP, so try giving him a call. I just placed my order with Sunnyvale Chevrolet at MSRP if you want another option.

Dean
bilydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
IOM_ROCKER

Drives: 2010 Camaro / IOM / SS / RS
I ordered with Chris Sims at Fremont Chevrolet. They honored MSRP and Chris was very responsive with emails and phone calls. Two thumbs up for Chris and Fremont Chevrolet.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Man, everything cools off.
Solstice was white-hot when I transferred into Wilmington assembly in the Fall of '06. We had not even begun building Sky at that point and the order book for the Pontiac was sold-out for the rest of model year by December of '06. I realize that it isn't the same story as Camaro but it is somewhat similar.
Everything cools off.
I hope that we don't see a Camaro 'Bubble', rather sustained enthusiasm.
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:36 AM   #5
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM_ROCKER View Post
I ordered with Chris Sims at Fremont Chevrolet. They honored MSRP and Chris was very responsive with emails and phone calls. Two thumbs up for Chris and Fremont Chevrolet.
Funny, I stopped by there today because they have a Blk/Blk 2SS, which is exactly what I ordered, I wanted to check it out

They were selling it with an 8K mark up, telling me they sold the same car with white rallys on ebay for 8k over, their getting calls from florida and how this was the only one in CA, had it for 2 days, already scratched! I told him I was going to buy it for 8k over until I saw the scratch haha

Glad to hear they honored your order price though!
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #6
IOM_ROCKER

Drives: 2010 Camaro / IOM / SS / RS
Jeanius.....Got an email from the dealer....said it went for $8K over MSRP....said huge demand.....current allocation as of 7/11/09 is 15 with 8 Pre-orders...with another 20 shipping due to some sales contest award.....believe it when all 20 extra arrive...bottom line, Chris honored my pre-order MSRP pricing but not sure where Fremont Chevrolet is headed.......might have to add them to the "other" thread (not the good thread).....
Old 07-13-2009, 03:30 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Sounds like these are the types that need to get SHUT DOWN.

Sorry about your experience. I hope to hell that they get the boot and all their jacked up sales people get the boot. Maybe a good swift kick in teh ass is what they deserve.

I'm sick of people paying over MSRP too. Those folks ain't helping ANY of us out!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #8
MattyBoySS

Drives: white with orange stripes 2SS/RS
Go to true car and check a price
MattyBoySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:51 PM   #9
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Seven year old thread Batman.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:13 PM   #10
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
The same thing happened when the 5th gen came out.
Basically if you want to be one of the first to get a 6th gen in CA you are either going to have to know someone, or you are going to be paying over MSRP.

Stealerships around here aren't desperate for buyers, even at 50k+.
They know it will sell, and its all about the bottom line with them.

Looks like I fell for the old' 6 year old thread trick...

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - 652 rwhp, 588 rwtq SAE
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote