Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #43
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
It shouldn't take that long, when my BMW was rear ended their insurance agent came by the end of the week and I had the check the next week.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #44
Tunamanz

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Make sure you ask their insurance for a diminished value form. I never knew one existed until yesterday when dealing with an accident on ours. Basically you fill it out, send it back, and they determine what the diminished value of the car is due to the accident and write a check for the difference.
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #45
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Dang OP sounds like a crap sandwich on a crap day. I can't believe One that the police let someone with no licence just drive off . Second that he didn't have insurance at all!! And Third that your insurance is so high and they aren't doing crap for you like WTH?! You most defiantly need to find a new insurance company because that is crazy. Sorry OP i really hope it gets worked out for you.

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:43 PM   #46
BRM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
I'm already on the look for a new insurance. Other than the fact ill have to pay 1000$ which I don't believe ill be seeing again anytime soon.. oh and no rental car Everything is going okay I guess. I was found not at fault and my insurance have already begun the repair process. Still not in the shop yet but they are mailing a check worth $1500 in damages so far.($2500 minus 1k deductible) They had me take pictures to assess the damages. But I was told once its in the shop, my body shop will have a more thorough look. Hopefully im in by the end of the week

Last edited by BRM; 05-18-2016 at 10:53 PM.
BRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:06 PM   #47
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Your only recourse is to sue the driver/and or car's owner in civil court. You could get lucky and maybe the car is an extra one of the deadbeat kid's parents. If there's any way you think you can collect I would definitely sue for the full amount of repairs plus some.