Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-08-2016, 10:15 PM   #1
Wraithier

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Another HID Issue - Need Suggestions

Hi All

I have a 2013 1LT non RS -

Background: in 2013 I had a garage install Eagle Eyes and an HID kit from The Retrofit Source - I purchased the H13 Bi-Xenon kit with H9 Bulbs.

This is what I have:

Pair: Morimoto 3Five AMP Ballasts
Pair: 5000k H9 Bulbs
Morimoto H13 Motocontrol Bi-Xenon harness

So it's been over two years and unsurprisingly I had my driver side bulb go out. No big deal right?

I changed out the passenger side light first, no problem lights fine. So I replace the driver side - no luck. Strange...so I switch ballasts, the passenger side lights up no issue; ballasts are good right? Now I had a friend helping me, and we didn't want to switch bulbs and risk breaking the good bulb, so he had a spare harness - tried to light the good passenger side light with the wiring from the driver side; no luck. He had some spare bulbs AND ballasts that we tried on the driver's side and none of them would work.

We checked all fuses, didn't disconnect any grounds and this system has been working for 3 years. I am at a loss of what else to check? Could my Morimoto H13 Motocontrol Bi-Xenon harness have gone bad? This is really perplexing and what should have taken 20 minutes has taken hours of troubleshooting...there is nothing else to the system, harness, 2 ballasts, 2 bulbs - we didn't touch any wiring other than plugging/unplugging what was already there. I don't think anything can be plugged in backwards LOL.

Sorry for the wall of text. TIA for any help.
Wraithier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:00 AM   #2
Wraithier

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Strangely enough I unplugged and re-plugged in the power to the ballast last night. The bulb powered on as expected, so I closed her up and went to bed.

This morning backed out of the driveway and I'm down to 1 headlight again.

Maybe just a loose connection somewhere? Everything feels tight.
Wraithier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #3
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Dont know how there works, but if there using the cars headlight power to turn on there harness, there may be a problem with the BCM not working right.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote