Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 06-17-2016, 09:00 PM   #2493
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
I think nitrous should be in its own section. Separate from the other power adders. Just my opinion. I feel like that would be pretty cool. Nitrous is different from turbos and superchargers. Turbos and superchargers are forced induction, forcing huge amounts of air into the motor. Nitrous is not the same concept. "Nitrous cars" as they call them should be in their own section.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:00 PM   #2494
Skullcandy

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ls
Sorry, but it seems that there will be only 4 lists from what was implied

Bone stock

Stock

Bolt ons

And power adders.

I thought there was an implication that there will be only those four. I was just curious if there will be a "nitrous only"list as well as a "force induction" list. As nitrous is technically not a "force induction"
Skullcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #2495
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
I think nitrous should be in its own section. Separate from the other power adders. Just my opinion. I feel like that would be pretty cool. Nitrous is different from turbos and superchargers. Turbos and superchargers are forced induction, forcing huge amounts of air into the motor. Nitrous is not the same concept. "Nitrous cars" as they call them should be in their own section.
I will take that into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcandy View Post
Sorry, but it seems that there will be only 4 lists from what was implied

Bone stock

Stock

Bolt ons

And power adders.

I thought there was an implication that there will be only those four. I was just curious if there will be a "nitrous only"list as well as a "force induction" list. As nitrous is technically not a "force induction"
The term power adders was used. Not forced induction. Nitrous is a power adder. Forced induction is turbo and superchargers. But they are all power adders regardless.

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:13 PM   #2496
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
I will take that into consideration.

The term power adders was used. Not forced induction. Nitrous is a power adder. Forced induction is turbo and superchargers. But they are all power adders regardless.

Ok last I checked my exhaust and air intake is a power added right? Your list just doesn't make much sense. It should be stock, bolt ons, forced induction, and nitrous. Stock with tires makes no sense. Tires is a mod and should be considered a bolt on and go in that section. You have it poorly worded. Take the advice from the people who are here to support your thread.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:23 PM   #2497
Skullcandy

Official 1/4 Mile (V6) 2010+ Camaro Fast List

But then a cold air intake or a ported throttle body would be considered a power adder because it's adding more power.. And then everything to make your car go faster would be considered a power added at that point. Im trying to get clarity, that's all. I'm just trying to understand the list and the way it's set up. Always thought it was a little odd in certain way. I'm saying power adders should be changed to 2 lists, F/I, and nitrous. As they are indeed power adders but it's something that's forcing the car to go faster rather than improving parts of the motor to increase the rate the motor can naturally produce power. Not trying to sound like an ass but just think we're using the wrong categorization.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:33 PM   #2498
racergirl

I've been on this thread longer than you all have. Anything that is not power adder or forced induction is considered a bolt on. Cold air intake, throttle body, wheels, tires, different gears in the rear, under drive pulley, etc. The list has been like this since over 7 years ago and it's been working fine since then. No issues. I was handed down this list. I'm open to a few changes, but I'm not re-arranging everything to just make a few people happy. I don't mean this in a harsh way. But all the rules and everything are explained.

Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
Old 06-17-2016, 09:44 PM   #2499
Skullcandy

Official 1/4 Mile (V6) 2010+ Camaro Fast List

Not saying that... I'm just saying power adder is the wrong word.... There was always separate lists for nitrous and FI. In your update you seem to imply they will all be merged into one "power adder" section. I'm sure I'm not the only who feels tbis isn't the correct way to lay it out. Force induction is different than nitrous. Power adders are anything that adds power and bolt ons are anything that can be bolted on... So I guess even a supercharger or turbo would then qualify, especially when the manufacturers of the company's even say " 100% bolt on".... No one really stroked these motors yet but where would that be put? A bolt on?? A power adder (which you are referring to as a force induction or nitrous set up) I just think the terms that are being used and what we're classifying in each list should be evaluated. That's all. I tried to express an opinion and maybe help a pretty bitchin thread get improved upon but it seems I'm being told to deal with the changes, even if there incorrect.

Last edited by Skullcandy; 06-17-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:01 PM   #2500
racergirl

Quote:
Not saying that... I'm just saying power adder is the wrong word.... There was always separate lists for nitrous and FI. In your update you seem to imply they will all be merged into one "power adder" section. I'm sure I'm not the only who feels tbis isn't the correct way to lay it out. Force induction is different than nitrous. Power adders are anything that adds power and bolt ons are anything that can be bolted on... So I guess even a supercharger or turbo would then qualify, especially when the manufacturers of the company's even say " 100% bolt on".... No one really stroked these motors yet but where would that be put? A bolt on?? A power adder (which you are referring to as a force induction or nitrous set up) I just think the terms that are being used and what we're classifying in each list should be evaluated. That's all. I tried to express an opinion and maybe help a pretty bitchin thread get improved upon but it seems I'm being told to deal with the changes, even if there incorrect.
The update was rule #6. Just stating weight reduction must be included... Everything else remained the same with the lists...

Old 06-17-2016, 10:29 PM   #2501
racergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
Quote:
There had always been 6 lists. Power adders had sublists of forced induction and nitrous, which put it at six, rather than 4. Nitrous is a power adder; it adds more oxygen and fuel into the motor, which adds more power. What other ways can you add 75-100 hp to your car other than turbos, supercharger, or nitrous; all are power adders. Everything has been clarified on the very first post to clear up the confusion. The wording from the previous moderator might have caused some confusion, but it is fixed now. None of the lists are being removed.

When someone strokes the motor, cams, or port and polishes the heads, that is internal engine mods; which when that day happens, the list for it will be created, just like V8s have.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:16 AM   #2502
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
As one of the persons who helped run this list for many years, (then passed it along to racergirl, she is spot on with the lists. There have always been 6 lists, as listed. If anyone has any suggestions on how to change something or word it differently, by all means post up your suggestion and wording. I am sure she will take it into consideration to make improvements. The original list when started 7 years ago, was taken from the V8 sections.

Victoria, you are doing a GREAT job, if you should need anything from me, don't hesitate to ask. I am still around, and enjoy reading how others are doing with getting our "baby" V6 to perform at the track.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:39 AM   #2503
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
The only problem I have with the list is that I'm not higher up on it...

They are the same as they have always been and are fine. I can't wait to get back out there and go for the #1 spot!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:09 AM   #2504
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
If people don't like the way the list is managed, they can manage a new list.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:13 AM   #2505
Skullcandy

Coming from someone who works on cars for a living, I was just simply saying that there are some things that could be corrected. Not saying she isn't doing a good job or that the list is wrong. If I didn't like it or care about the progress of the list id just unsubscribe and go on my merry way. It's my opinion and that's all. I have many friends from my area who agree that there are things that could be improved upon. There was no disrespect or anything of that nature intended. I enjoy this list and everyone on it and what it's become. Just think that there could be some very easy confusion with certain aspects.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #2506
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
When someone strokes the motor, cams, or port and polishes the heads, that is internal engine mods; which when that day happens, the list for it will be created, just like V8s have.
Right now there will be only 1 person on that list and that would be Gretchen with forged internals. Jatzen will be on that list when he runs his new setup and DGM has cams with his supercharger.

If my engine ever pops and I can talk my wife into it, I might be on that list eventually.