Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 07-17-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Streetable but STICKY Rear Tire

Hey guys

Stock F1s aren't doing it for me, too much spin through 1st/2nd and even some at 3rd at 5500+ RPM. (Disregard previous posts, car has been fixed incase you check my post history).

I want to put whatever tire I get on the stock wheel (20") and I know a 315/35/20 fits and because of this I think the NT05R is the best tire for that size. But does anyone know of a better hooking but streetable tire for what I'm looking for? I'll probably never go to the strip, but I will do some launching/fun on safe streets and a closed private area. My cousin has NT05Rs on both his 650 WHP ZR-1 and supercharged LS3 SS and he says they are great, no spin unless you try to get it to break loose. (I can speak for the ZR-1 O.O stick like glue and fast as @#$!).

But I've read some really great things about the NT05R and some really poor things about them, but I'm wondering if I'd notice any of those things on street use only?

Thanks and let me know your suggestions.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:05 AM   #2
Jus Dreamin

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible M6
Streetable tires

I have had MPSS 315s on the rear for about two months now. I drive only on the street. These had a dramatic improvement in traction. Not sure what the cool weather performance will be but I wish these came with the car.

RotoFab, Mild to Wild exhaust, Rock guards, MPSS 285's and 315's.
Jus Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #3
robrocketanski

Drives: ZL1 Convertible Auto
I just had 315/40/18 05R and they were pretty good. I am switching to 305/45/18 Mickey Street R because I think they are a little stickier and are about 50 bucks less each.

I am around 600+ whp and automatic. The 05R would break loose just a bit once I was moving but I couldn't launch full throttle. Maybe the Mickeys will allow a harder launch and won't spin once moving.
LS3 intake and throttle body, Huron Speed Products twin turbo with 6265 oil less turbos, and 3" header back, JRE smooth cam, ID1300, Fore dual 450lph pumps with MSD voltage booster, A6, 305/45/17 MT Street R
robrocketanski is offline   Reply With Quote