Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2016, 03:15 PM   #29
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Congrats on your work so far. Way to man up and admit you had a problem. Keep it going!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:16 PM   #30
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
Don't know if this ZL1 driver was as lucky as you...2015 8000km for $100.00 on Craigslist montreal..good luck to you
I think that $100 refers to the Starting Price of Parts that are coming off it!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #31
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I think that $100 refers to the Starting Price of Parts that are coming off it!
Prob...no engine and it says the car has already been stripped...hopefully this person was a lucky as our thread starter...stay clean dude
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:35 PM   #32
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
You can be charged with DUI for being on drugs. I've represented people charged with being high on cocaine while driving.
If they had it in the blood toxicology I hope you had him plead guilty and get him into re-hab, unless you're one of "those" types of lawyers. I was particularly sickened by a lawyer billboard in Pittsburgh for DUI representation.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:48 PM   #33
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Coming from someone whom deals with criminals, junkies, pests, and angry people all day I think very highly of you. Your journey has not been easy nor will it ever but remember one thing, the life/lives you save by correcting your own out weighs all the struggle and pain it takes to remain sober. Thank you for the touching story I admire your self-worth, by manning up and taking responsibility.

Many people here may not know you personally or even care but, I deal with things such as your story, and many times worse every day. For real sir, I appreciate you taking the step(s) in the right direction. I will never look down on you but rather, look up because I know your struggle has been real and you have fought through all the BS to be here today. So again, thank you.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:03 PM   #34
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Stuff happens, glad you are ok, time to buy a Gen 6 now.
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:38 PM   #35
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Keep it up!

The real insidious thing about addiction, is that you lie to everybody, but most of all you lie to yourself.

Watch for that... You are never "cured" so it is a daily struggle.

As mentioned above, it was divine intervention or just plain luck you didn't take out an innocent and end up "biting your pillow" every night.

443 days is a great start, but we both know, it's a drop in the bucket.... Stick around and let us know if we can help.

Now, pass me that... !JK
Old 07-26-2016, 09:17 PM   #36
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
Congrats on getting clean and sober, brother. Being honest and open about the struggle can certainly help others who are where you have been. I applaud your courage, and wish you the best moving forward!
Old 07-27-2016, 06:49 AM   #37
Flotek

Drives: 2015 RS camaro
Unfortunately in these cases the innocent people in the other vehicle had to pay and learn their lesson too ! That's nice you quit abusing yourself but don't pat yourself on the back too much and don't forget drugs and alcohol destroy other people's lives too unintentionally who had nothing at all to do with your bad choices .
Flotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:52 AM   #38
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdphish73 View Post
You bet your ass I am! I'm waiting for the second year of the 6th gen...I also am on the look out for a real nice 1st Gen to toy with! I really miss my Camaro though. I got a new Jeep Grand Cherokee "Overland" with the 5.7 Hemi. Its a really really nice ride...but it's not exactly fun!
You still have a license and money after two DUI (or DWAI) offenses?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #39
mwillems

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Congrats! And keep it up.
Many of us have made poor decisions in our pasts, even recent pasts: it's not so much that, it's more what you do with it afterward.
Peace,
Mike
Old 07-27-2016, 12:52 PM   #40
Rdphish73

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey LS-3 RS/2SS Coupe
Wow..

Wow, Thank you everyone for the kind words. I had no idea I would get this kind of support. We truly are a Camaro family! Like I said, I'm extremely grateful for my life these days. Recovering from any addiction...especially heroin is very difficult. But as long as I remain vigilant, share my message, help others as much as I can, and never get complacent...I will have an excellent chance at a fulfilling life free from that evil shit!! Thanks again to all who gave their kind words!!
2012 AGM LS-3 RS/SS: Airaid CAI, Ceramic Coated Dynatech SuperMaxx LT Headers, High Flow Cats, Borla "S-Type" Cat-Back Exhaust, Ted Jannetty Tuned, LS-3 Cowl Badging, RS/SS Fender Badging. Custom Bow-Ties by Lupe
Rdphish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:54 PM   #41
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flotek View Post
Unfortunately in these cases the innocent people in the other vehicle had to pay and learn their lesson too ! That's nice you quit abusing yourself but don't pat yourself on the back too much and don't forget drugs and alcohol destroy other people's lives too unintentionally who had nothing at all to do with your bad choices .
I noticed no back patting by the OP, more of a public service announcement to warn others. And if a kind word helps keep someone going in the right direction, seems like the thing to do. Always does suck when others are involved.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:18 PM   #42
Ventura 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Congrats on your road to recovery and those that were involved in surviving the incident. Abuse of any drug is the root cause of heartbreak both the person and society. We all have someone, many or a few within our network of friends, family and community that have been impacted.

I am glad there are programs out there for all of us to cope with this. I know reckless behavior behind the wheel of a car DUI's, Speeding, Careless Driving, Road Rage, and Outlaw Racing is something serious and will always be a presence in society.

It takes courage and a bit of looking in the mirror such as the OP to admit to this and sharing his story.

I too have been careless in my behavior behind the wheel of a car mostly speeding, careless driving, and some minor DUI's not being caught.

Now, I have gotten a bit older in my 40's and have been reducing those risks. == What I do now and my first HPDE has given me that release.

Good to talk about this very subject for sure.

Look in the mirror and we all find our flaws and can either stop or continue that behavior until a lives are changed in a instant and regret those actions.
Ventura 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote