Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #43
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogZ28 View Post
2 reasons. 1) The sound quality on bluetooth sucks compared to USB. Second, i dont want to have fiddle around with my phone to change songs or playlists, i would like to just be able to do it on the stereo.
Well...the sound quality from my Evo (Android) over bluetooth is really nice, so you may want to see if anyone has ever updated the bluetooth drivers on your phone...the car is capable of receiving high quality BT audio. Also, when using the A2DP profile, the forward and backward buttons from the stereo (and steering wheel) will control the phone (no backward on Pandora...sucks if you hit forward by accident). The only thing it doesn't do, is send info like song titles, artists names...so all you see, is the name of the phone.
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #44
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Just got mine done and the new hardware/software version thehy uploaded is DB.
The sound quality connecting my iPhone4 via bluetooth is a lot worse than connecting it via the USB. Plus via the USB I can see what's playing and search and browse, etc via the headunit. Bluetooth and all I can do is skip to the next some or the previous song. Sort of worthless if you ask me.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #45
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
I did a search on here and couldn't find what I was looking for as in the issues I'm having. My Link will recognize my iPhone 4s just fine and play lists, but when I try to plug in my iTouch, 4th gen nothing, no recognition or anything like I didn't even plug anything into it. Same thing with my iPod 3rd gen.

I went through the settings and didn't see anything on this. Anyone else have issues. I know the My Link is new for 13. Thanks.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #46
kmmink

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS/GFX CRT/Beige A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse6.2 View Post
I did a search on here and couldn't find what I was looking for as in the issues I'm having. My Link will recognize my iPhone 4s just fine and play lists, but when I try to plug in my iTouch, 4th gen nothing, no recognition or anything like I didn't even plug anything into it. Same thing with my iPod 3rd gen.

I went through the settings and didn't see anything on this. Anyone else have issues. I know the My Link is new for 13. Thanks.

My iPod touch works with MyLink.

Maybe check and make sure you have the latest software updates for your iPods.
2013 2LT/RS CRT/Beige A6;Body-color gfx, body-color blade spoiler, body-color grille, body-color engine cover, Sunroof, Navigation, 20" polished aluminum wheels, Spare tire, and Cargo net-Order placed 8/4/12-TPW 8/27/12-Delivered 9/27/12 and 2013 2LT/RS AGM/Gray A6;Body-color gfx, body-color blade spoiler, body-color grille, Sunroof, Navigation, 20" polished aluminum wheels(last years), Spare tire, and Cargo net-Order placed 10/4/12-TPW 10/29/12-Delivered 12/11/12.
kmmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #47
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmink View Post
My iPod touch works with MyLink.

Maybe check and make sure you have the latest software updates for your iPods.

Thanks, I'll check it and see.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #48
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse6.2 View Post

We apologize for any frustrations that you are experiencing with your MyLink.

It states on page 39 in the infotainment system manual:

There may be problems with the operation and function in the following situations:

When connecting an iPod on which a more recent version of the firmware is installed than is supported by the infotainment system.

When connecting an iPod on which firmware from other providers is installed.

You may want to get in touch with your dealership concerning this situation.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-13-2016, 08:19 PM   #49
Whitey1

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Inferno Orange
When using my flash drive for music I have found several now deleted songs from my playlists saved in a folder labeled recycle bin. I have pulled my flash drive and confirmed that those songs are no longer saved anywhere nor do I have a folder with that name. How can I delete these saved songs from my head unit? The minute i pull my flash drive this folder disappears.

Thanks
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:43 AM   #50
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
When using my flash drive for music I have found several now deleted songs from my playlists saved in a folder labeled recycle bin. I have pulled my flash drive and confirmed that those songs are no longer saved anywhere nor do I have a folder with that name. How can I delete these saved songs from my head unit? The minute i pull my flash drive this folder disappears.

Thanks
It's most likely a computer setting, unhide folders / view system files settings and delete it from the usd drive.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:27 PM   #51
Whitey1

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
It's most likely a computer setting, unhide folders / view system files settings and delete it from the usd drive.
Thanks, I will give it a try.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:21 PM   #52
streetjudge79

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
My Link has never worked right on my 2016 SS. Says device not connected when I plug my IPOD into the USB port. It worked like twice and that was it.
The only way I can get my ipod to play is via blue tooth which sounds no where near as clear and loud as when it was through the USB port. I can't search for artists or songs either via Bluetooth.
My dealer ship (Tropical Chevy) can't figure out the problem either. I'm so frustrated. I absolutely hate this sound system. No CD player, No working MP3 capability (the correct way). I paid $ 50,000 for this????
streetjudge79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:27 PM   #53
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetjudge79 View Post
My Link has never worked right on my 2016 SS. Says device not connected when I plug my IPOD into the USB port. It worked like twice and that was it.
The only way I can get my ipod to play is via blue tooth which sounds no where near as clear and loud as when it was through the USB port. I can't search for artists or songs either via Bluetooth.
My dealer ship (Tropical Chevy) can't figure out the problem either. I'm so frustrated. I absolutely hate this sound system. No CD player, No working MP3 capability (the correct way). I paid $ 50,000 for this????
Try another dealership to get your issue fixed.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #54
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
Try another dealership to get your issue fixed.
i 2nd change dealers thats definetly a problem. I have all my music in 1400+kbps ALAC ( apple lossless codec ) on my ipod classic 80gb through usb to my 2010 and via USB its amazing. via BT sounds like complete shit (excuse my french). I got my own BT 4.0 to rca and use my auxillary port on my DSP to use bt streaming. cant believe chevy hasnt learned yet to use higher quality BT modules.
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #55
Artifice

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo72793 View Post
i 2nd change dealers thats definetly a problem. I have all my music in 1400+kbps ALAC ( apple lossless codec ) on my ipod classic 80gb through usb to my 2010 and via USB its amazing. via BT sounds like complete shit (excuse my french). I got my own BT 4.0 to rca and use my auxillary port on my DSP to use bt streaming. cant believe chevy hasnt learned yet to use higher quality BT modules.

I still can't believe Chevy skimped out on the radio system! I'm also using my 160GB iPod with ALAC files and I'll either get choppy songs while the radio tries to index everything, or the iPod will freeze and I have to manually reset it
From what I've seen, the radio seemed like an afterthought in these cars
Artifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #56
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice View Post

I still can't believe Chevy skimped out on the radio system! I'm also using my 160GB iPod with ALAC files and I'll either get choppy songs while the radio tries to index everything, or the iPod will freeze and I have to manually reset it
From what I've seen, the radio seemed like an afterthought in these cars
Auto manufactures don't build radios. They are farmed out to the cheapest bidder and generally can be replaced with a complete retail comparable for $200 or less.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote