Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-30-2016, 01:16 PM   #15
robrocketanski

Drives: ZL1 Convertible Auto
The top is a funny thing. It shows in our planning docs that it was offered with that color in 14 and 15 but when I try to build a 15 in our employee vehicle purchase site I can't find a way to select it. It's too late to build a 14. It may be that the color was going to be available for 15 and then wasn't or was at some point removed from the options on the site.

But I can see that the color was offered in 14 and 15 in very small numbers, 10% according to the spreadsheet.
LS3 intake and throttle body, Huron Speed Products twin turbo with 6265 oil less turbos, and 3" header back, JRE smooth cam, ID1300, Fore dual 450lph pumps with MSD voltage booster, A6, 305/45/17 MT Street R
robrocketanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 02:42 AM   #16
Fishinfirefighter

Drives: Zl1
You guys crack me up.......40-45k for a used zl1??? Where TF do you all live??? I get it, we all dont want to admit the REAL resale on our car because we love em..but in reality resale right now is less than 40k. More like 35-38 for a great condition zl1. Dont post me a link to a CL add thats been sitting on there for 3mo either lol.

I LOL'd when i realized this was a recent thread with those prices....thought I was reading a thread from 2 years ago.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:36 AM   #17
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festival #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishinfirefighter View Post
You guys crack me up.......40-45k for a used zl1??? Where TF do you all live??? I get it, we all dont want to admit the REAL resale on our car because we love em..but in reality resale right now is less than 40k. More like 35-38 for a great condition zl1. Dont post me a link to a CL add thats been sitting on there for 3mo either lol.

I LOL'd when i realized this was a recent thread with those prices....thought I was reading a thread from 2 years ago.
An old Mac Davis song comes to mind here...Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble...

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #18
DeSH

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #4801
Quote:

Very low miles and it's a convertible. It will bring at least $40K or better depending on what part of the country you are in. My only concern would be import and emissions issues...could kill the sales price.
DeSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #19
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSH View Post
Very low miles and it's a convertible. It will bring at least $40K or better depending on what part of the country you are in. My only concern would be import and emissions issues...could kill the sales price.
Verts add absolutely nothing to resale. Fact is there are over half a million Camaros available, it's a buyers market and anyone trying to move their 5th gen quickly is going to get robbed. Target for OP is $35k and if anyone believes they can get more in a private sale, spend a few hours visiting CarMax or ask a chevy dealer about your trade in value on a 6th gen over lunch sometime. Post a picture of this mythical $40k cash offer from one of them.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #20
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Trade in values are ridiculous. You would be lucky to get offered $32k on ours. Your best bet would be a private sale, and whether you know someone that's in the market for one. Selling to a retailer or a dealer is going to yield you far less than the market rate.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:07 PM   #21
Fishinfirefighter

Drives: Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Verts add absolutely nothing to resale. Fact is there are over half a million Camaros available, it's a buyers market and anyone trying to move their 5th gen quickly is going to get robbed. Target for OP is $35k and if anyone believes they can get more in a private sale, spend a few hours visiting CarMax or ask a chevy dealer about your trade in value on a 6th gen over lunch sometime. Post a picture of this mythical $40k cash offer from one of them.
This^

Besides that theres a few zl1s local here going for SUB 40k from stealerships. Private anywhere from 36 and up to 50k from a few knuckleheads thinking they own a lambo
Old 10-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #22
mb13

Drives: 2015 Z28 #980
Quick glance at KBB has private party at over 44k, trade in value is 42,500 without nav. Carmax will pay trade in value in cash, in an out the door in under an hour.
mb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:02 PM   #23
HZjr

Drives: Camaro 2SS A8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I think you are going to have issues selling that. You might want to try italy.
Italy?, sorry I didnt get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
Why don't you just buy it, and sell that slow ass SS you're driving now???I don't see a large margin for profit, because the 2017 is coming...
Why? Because I want it for a business, not for me. I am happy with my “slow SS”
Quote:
Nice car and unique color, but you will want to be very careful with import emissions/safety requirements. If not in compliance, this car could be very costly to register/title. $40 to $45K market value.
Quote:
Car is the same produced for export, like Canada and Mexico. I have to inspect the car before register, but it must pass emissions and safety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
and for Christ sake clean the fingerprints off the Mylink screen. Was somebody eating a burrito in that thing?
I think there is not problem if I buy it.
Quote:
On a private sale you will be hard pressed to 40k for it. Unless you are stealing the vehicle for 30k or less, it's not worth the effort.
Wit actual exchange rate, I can have it for less than 30k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
You're talking 42k, but I'd never buy it.
You never buy it even for 35K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
We take a big hit on resale during the first two years, so the norm looks like in the low 40's to about 45. Unfortunately low miles doesn't have an impact on the resale value, as it seems that the majority of us have low mileage. It probably won't get better for us since the new ZL1 is due in a few months; On the other hand I don't see the values getting drastically worse than it is now.
I think the same, prices are at the bottom in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
A vehicle from a foreign country and the OP needs rid of it ASAP? I wouldn't touch this with a 10' pole.
The rid of is to make a fast profit an buy another. I can get a ZR1 2012 for 45k, a 2014 GS for 30K, 2007 Viper for 40K and others. I just testing water to see how to import them and see if I can make a profit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Dan View Post
Beautiful car (in the pictures). If everything was "normal" about the car, import, registration, etc., then $40K would be a "quick sale" price as you put it. Market value on these cars is $42-45. I have an opinion because I own one and I follow the market pretty closely. However, I am not an expert! And I do think ebay is a good marketplace to get the car out to the masses.
Serious questions: As a 2014, would it still have a warranty in the US? What kind of octane has this car been drinking in Mexico for 5,000 miles? Do they have 93 there?
GLWS.
Good questions.
Fuel over there is 91, GM will honor powertrain warranty worldwide if the car is driven and maintenance properly.

Quote:
Norm what? Extreme high end dealership advertising ? OP is trying to flip a car for cash and is living a pipe dream even at 35k - 38k. I will laugh 6 ways to Sunday at a non-retailer trying to get more. CPO's with 3 year warranty are barely 41-42k and there are dozens available.
That is the input that I wanted to know. I think 38k to end in 35k could be a quick sale.
Quote:
Norm being advertised listings for sale prices on ZLs. Don't wonder, with the right preparation the OP could get the last laugh if he picked up the car at the right wholesale, and he flips it very quickly. In this business, timing and the right price are key factors in turning over inventory and making a profit.
Thank you for your comment.
Quote:
One thing though: I would double check that vert top. All or most ZLs received black tops with no exception. If this is the case, you might have a hard time convincing buyers that the car is authentic. Make sure that the vert top is OEM.
Will do,
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrocketanski View Post
The top is a funny thing. It shows in our planning docs that it was offered with that color in 14 and 15 but when I try to build a 15 in our employee vehicle purchase site I can't find a way to select it. It's too late to build a 14. It may be that the color was going to be available for 15 and then wasn't or was at some point removed from the options on the site.
But I can see that the color was offered in 14 and 15 in very small numbers, 10% according to the spreadsheet.
I will take a look on that. Car was manufactured on 2013 and it was a imported to by GM Mexico for one of their excetutives, then he chose not to keep the car and GM assigned to this dealer and car have been in the market for long time and I am trying to steal it.
Quote:

That why I am asking. I see 43k in the KBB site, but we know reality is different.

Quote:
35k is a good target for me, thank for your inputs.
Quote:
Trade in values are ridiculous. You would be lucky to get offered $32k on ours. Your best bet would be a private sale, and whether you know someone that's in the market for one. Selling to a retailer or a dealer is going to yield you far less than the market rate.
Quote:
This^
Besides that theres a few zl1s local here going for SUB 40k from stealerships. Private anywhere from 36 and up to 50k from a few knuckleheads thinking they own a lambo
I mean, it is not an SS, ZL1 shoud have better value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb13 View Post
Quick glance at KBB has private party at over 44k, trade in value is 42,500 without nav. Carmax will pay trade in value in cash, in an out the door in under an hour.
I will see carmax, I can bring a car every week if they take them at trade in value 
Old 10-04-2016, 06:22 AM   #24
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb13 View Post
Like I said, go try. I've been doing this awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HZjr View Post
Wit actual exchange rate, I can have it for less than 30k.
That is the input that I wanted to know. I think 38k to end in 35k could be a quick sale.
35k is a good target for me, thank for your inputs.
Should be an easy 5k gross profit. If you have a means to sit on the car and wait for it to move, I would advertise 39k unless you are in the Northeast. There seems to be a higher price adjustment in the New England states by a few thousand on the advertising side.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:45 AM   #25
mb13

Drives: 2015 Z28 #980
Quote:
Like I said, go try. I've been doing this awhile.

Should be an easy 5k gross profit. If you have a means to sit on the car and wait for it to move, I would advertise 39k unless you are in the Northeast. There seems to be a higher price adjustment in the New England states by a few thousand on the advertising side.
Carmax gave me trade in value in cash on 2 cars in the past, one being my 2013 2ss in July when I got my z28. I went this route with the SS since I still owed on the car, but had a lot of equity in the car. It was wise of my to sell it instead of trading it in when I got the z28
mb13 is offline   Reply With Quote