Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #15
01sleeperZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS VPX
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
After researching Jegs I found out that they do not recommend using the Z-28 CAI on a l99 engine any thoughts or info on this as my 2014 has l99 engine...

My car is a manual. I think Chevy does not recommend it either, but I am not sure why. I wonder if the air volume is large enough to mess with the stock tune, and maybe run lean?
Old 11-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #16
Dan's Fun Car

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
You are correct that GM does not recommend it for the L99. It says it right on the site.

Without any further information then just from reading threads here, my belief is just like Sleeper said, due to the AFM and DOD, the introduction of a significant amount of air may mess with the ECM.

Side note, I installed this and I absolutely LOVE the sound when doing some spirited driving. It sounds very throaty when under moderate acceleration. It actually makes me reconsider doing exhaust strictly for the sound enhancement.
Dan's Fun Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:13 PM   #17
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan's Fun Car View Post
Side note, I installed this and I absolutely LOVE the sound when doing some spirited driving. It sounds very throaty when under moderate acceleration. It actually makes me reconsider doing exhaust strictly for the sound enhancement.
Heard the OEM Z28 kit (advertised works with SS LS3) arrives with a new MAF sensor, did you install that? Does it need to have a tune or not needed? Does not void warranty?
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #18
Dan's Fun Car

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
Yes, it came with a new MAF sensor. The whole system took about 10 minutes to install. A tune is not needed but I'm sure it would be good to have a tune.

Technically, I'm sure it voids the warranty, but re-install the OEM one prior to taking it in for service and no harm no foul.

Since you are not changing anything in the ECM, there is no record of the mod.
Dan's Fun Car is offline   Reply With Quote