Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-24-2016, 11:35 AM   #449
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
Some Install pict

Here are some picts from kenwood, and pac unit...dl picts of 45th look,,also microphone and antenna location in center speaker area,,works awesome. and added front camera,,with wiring location..lines are great for distance to objects.. and update with Android auto, hands free is great.. imho..
Attached Images

rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:28 AM   #450
BillGalina

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tint
nice job how do you like the Kenwood and what model

\
BillGalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #451
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
headunit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGalina View Post
nice job how do you like the Kenwood and what model
bill. kenwood ddx9903s ...for me easy to use,and with android auto hands free, they updated this i think recently and works great. Font and Rear cameras help a lot..and large screen for Nav.. now i hope WAZE will get incorporated with google.
All in all,,i am happy with this setup and looks good.
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:00 AM   #452
Big-T

Drives: 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahita View Post
Nevermind, I have FINALLY found the answer. I tried different things, none were working. As I was scratching my head looking at the PAC device, thinking something was wrong with it, I realized that one plug from the main harness (the factory sound plug) can fit into 2 different connector holes.

Sure enough, it was plugged in the wrong one... After redoing all the cables for 2 hours, I plugged everthing back and it works perfectly. In my defense, their schematic on the manual/guide is wrong; it does show the plug connected on the bottom left instead of the bottom right. However, what I had missed is that they are labelled. The amp functions exactly as it did before again, I'm very happy.

Now, I can't finish mounting the whole thing because trying the stereo 3 mins emptied my battery. It's like a never ending story!

Thank you all for all the help. I hope this can help someone else one day
Awesome news!!! Glad to hear you got it figured out!

It obviously doesn't matter now, but I have the Pioneer 8200NEX. Paying for the built in NAV is a waste, IMHO... But I wanted the nicer screen, and was a bit suspect of how well Android Auto would work (it's freaking amazing, BTW).
Big-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:38 PM   #453
Dahita

Drives: Camaro 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-T View Post
Awesome news!!! Glad to hear you got it figured out!

It obviously doesn't matter now, but I have the Pioneer 8200NEX. Paying for the built in NAV is a waste, IMHO... But I wanted the nicer screen, and was a bit suspect of how well Android Auto would work (it's freaking amazing, BTW).
Well you'll never guess what. So I redid all the wire and all, got back into my car, plugged it, amp was working fine. However, I noticed a heavy static noise, real heavy. I played around, removed the main plug, blew into it, plugged it back, no more noise, I put the whole thing back.

I am then fully ready to FINALLY start the car and test the sound: car won't start (not enough power in the battery!!!!!). I gave up until the next day. Got the car jumped, got in, tested the sound: NO MORE AMPLIFIED SOUND.

I litterally don't know what to do anymore. I've got a new battery (230$, weighs 45 pounds or so!), but I'm reluctant to unmount everything AGAIN. And it feels that whenever I had the sound amplified, it created this unbearable static noise, so what's the point. So, I don't know. Maybe I'll unscrew everything again tomorrow, who knows. But I'll keep you updated.
Dahita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:22 AM   #454
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Don't tell me you didn't disconnect your battery before the install?
Old 12-29-2016, 07:55 AM   #455
Dahita

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Don't tell me you didn't disconnect your battery before the install?
I do tell you that I did NOT disconnect the battery before the install. Why?

The car was turned off every time I plugged or unplugged anything. The reason I did so is that, whenever the car is off, there's no power that goes to the stereo to my knowledge.

I understand from your short answer that this is wrong, I'm assuming regarding the amp especially. Could it be then damaged? Is there a way to check?

Last edited by Dahita; 12-29-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #456
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the memory power is always on unless you disconnect the battery.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #457
Dahita

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
the memory power is always on unless you disconnect the battery.
Thanks JCunningham but that does not explain why it's wrong and how to change it; could memory power interfere with the fact my amp does not turn on again?
Old 12-29-2016, 09:09 AM   #458
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
when you had it plugged into the wrong port on the pac. what is the wrong port for? could it have messed something up.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:35 AM   #459
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
I do tell you that I did NOT disconnect the battery before the install. Why?

The car was turned off every time I plugged or unplugged anything. The reason I did so is that, whenever the car is off, there's no power that goes to the stereo to my knowledge.

I understand from your short answer that this is wrong, I'm assuming regarding the amp especially. Could it be then damaged? Is there a way to check?
The electrical system is hot regardless of if the key is ignition, you always disconnect the battery when working on stereo or anything tied to the electrical system, period.

Electronics 101, Physics 101, this is the #1 mistake performed by amateurs.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:46 PM   #460
Dahita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
The electrical system is hot regardless of if the key is ignition, you always disconnect the battery when working on stereo or anything tied to the electrical system, period.

Electronics 101, Physics 101, this is the #1 mistake performed by amateurs.
Thanks. This doesn't help much, especially since, again, no power goes to the head unit when the car is off. It's also not related to any 101 lessons either (you've never heard of the term hot swap it seems!), so apart from trying to shine (and in front of whom?!) I'm not sure of your point.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #461
Dahita

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
when you had it plugged into the wrong port on the pac. what is the wrong port for? could it have messed something up.
This port has no label. it's just the same port shape, on the same side. I'll unscrew everything again (tonight) after testing the AFM remover. Will report back
Old 12-29-2016, 02:27 PM   #462
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
Quote:
Thanks. This doesn't help much, especially since, again, no power goes to the head unit when the car is off.
Since when... Every head unit I have worked on has a constant memory that is hot regardless of key switch? I doubt the Camaro is any different.
frenchsquared is offline   Reply With Quote