Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #659
Lawdog86

Drives: 2011 2SS Black w/Orange Stripes
Hopstar, sounds great, are you installing aftermarket speakers or cameras as well or just the head unit?
Lawdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:28 PM   #660
rotwiler
ruff ruff

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Just got the kit in and installed, took about a hour since I had the metra kit already. Basically just had to add the PAC stereo mounts and plug in the one harness to HVAC. A few issues, my dumb A had to buy a used face off eBay, since I didn't have the OEM radio(I had the metra). Well I didn't know the heated seat buttons were a option, so bought the face with no heated seats doh. Then 1 led for rear defrost is out. So I will buy new face later, i don't need heated seats. Also I have a sony 712hd think is model, is the top of line sony now. Well, it fits, but when i let the face open to put in cd, it catches on the PAC kit since it is so tight grrr. I may need to adjust it. Kit looks a million times better, splash screen is kinda cool, but my temp display now just says F- - -, anyone know why the temp display doesn't work? I called PAC, guy had no idea how to fix.
Attached Images

2010 2SS/RS, XO Verona wheels, BC coilovers oem ZL1 bumper conversion Kenwood ddx9905s, maestro, Kenwood xr1s, xr4s, kappa 1200w,subs, Kenwood xr comps and rear deck speakers, long tubes, hf cats, speed secrets tune, custom exhaust, CAI, blacked out everything.

Last edited by rotwiler; 03-23-2017 at 08:36 PM.
rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #661
Hopstar

Drives: 2010 camaro Ss
I already have after market speakers with 12" subs... 2 separate amps running from the stock HU. I am going to connect front and rear cameras but may not install them until later. I'll just tie up the input wires until I select the cameras I want...anyone have and recommendations?
Hopstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:45 PM   #662
rotwiler
ruff ruff

I have a $20 license plate camera, works fine. But seen a camera with sony sensor on a chinese site aliexpress that replaces your licence plate light cover and has the camera and led plate light built in, for $20 i ordered it and looks factory, just waiting on it to arrive. There is also a version for like $12 more that the lines move.
Attached Images

2010 2SS/RS, XO Verona wheels, BC coilovers oem ZL1 bumper conversion Kenwood ddx9905s, maestro, Kenwood xr1s, xr4s, kappa 1200w,subs, Kenwood xr comps and rear deck speakers, long tubes, hf cats, speed secrets tune, custom exhaust, CAI, blacked out everything.

Last edited by rotwiler; 03-30-2017 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #663
rotwiler
ruff ruff

I also have 2 12in subs and 2 amps, all stock speakers replaced also.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #664
Hopstar

Drives: 2010 camaro Ss
I had BA system but I blew them out in a year.... can you post pics after its installed and on.... and the display? Thanks
Hopstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #665
rotwiler
ruff ruff

Will do when it arrives. They sell them on ebay too. There are clear ones that you have to use a led bulb for license plate light. I decided to just get the black one with led built in.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #666
rotwiler
ruff ruff

Here is this camera, license plate one, just took photo. This license plate one works fine, adjustable for angle, high quality look, the finish is nice. I have had it on for about 2 years and no issues at all. Has night vision too. Color could be more "vibrant" but does the job well and for $20 area, a frame this quality without a cam costs $20, so is good deal. I wanted to use this cam on my hemi Durango, since I already have the Camaro wired, i will use the wires/rca supplied with the cheap chinese cam to hook this one up to the durango.
Attached Images

Last edited by rotwiler; 03-24-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:57 AM   #667
Lawdog86

Drives: 2011 2SS Black w/Orange Stripes
Hopstar I am going with these two,

http://echomaster.com/catalog/camera...-camera-cam-01
This camera has the lines that move with you.http://echomaster.com/catalog/all-pr...amic&results=3
Lawdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #668
rotwiler
ruff ruff

Anyone with the Metra kit already, this conversion to the PAC face, is super easy. Pull out Metra kit face, unplug hvac connector. Add the Pac stereo mounts to sides of your double din radio, mount radio and adjust. Plug in PAC new face with supplied harness. I left all the metra stuff in there since everything worked, just used the one hvac harness from PAC. Hardest part was hiding all the wires behind stereo to get it to sit right. Just remember, if you don't have the stock stereo face you will need one for the knobs. Also remember the knobs(some have heated seats, some don't), I bought a used face and my knobs were missing the heated seats buttons, so now will need another eventually. My fault, I never had the stock one in car, bought car used and already had a metra kit and all the stock speakers, amp etc replaced with aftermarket. Is very easy with the Metra kit already if you don't want to sell the old metra kit and just keep it all installed. I didn't use any PAC parts except the hvac harness and stereo side mounts.

Last edited by rotwiler; 03-26-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #669
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotwiler View Post
Anyone with the Metra kit already, this conversion to the PAC face, is super easy. Pull out Metra kit face, unplug hvac connector. Add the Pac stereo mounts to sides of your double din radio, mount radio and adjust. Plug in PAC new face with supplied harness. I left all the metra stuff in there since everything worked, just used the one hvac harness from PAC. Hardest part was hiding all the wires behind stereo to get it to sit right.
Thanks! That's great info.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:22 AM   #670
Drjohn501

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Avic 8100/ PAC Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopstar View Post
Has anyone installed the Pioneer 8200NEX with the PAC kit? I saw someone did the 8100NEX. I am just wondering what they think about that HU because I am looking to get it for mine.

Thanks
Hop

I got the Avic 8100 installed using the PAC Unit. Very nice HU. Fits PAC unit, tight but fits. The installer had to adjust a little to clear for the 8100's deck to open and close. No big deal, just have patience and it will fit. Everything works and sounds great.
I posted in a earlier post to Snoman about a high hissing sound coming from the speakers and amp without 8100 even attached, it's something in the steering wheel, light tap on wheel and noise goes away. Installers rewired checked grounds ect.. the noise was gone now its back, got appt with installer to troubleshoot steering wheel. Will post results when they have FIXED they're problem. But, the 8100 and PAC are awesome! Here is a picture sorry if it's upside down or sideways, posting from phone.
Attached Images

Drjohn501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #671
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Got mine installed. Will change screens when I'm home in May but hearing great things. Kenwood 893s
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #672
Antbox530

Drives: 2013 1LE
Think I found a Android head unit that will fit!
Emailed the company and they're US based and said it isn't the oversized "double din."

At the same time, the picture with the tape measure looks a bit smaller than the listed dimensions for a double din.

Here's the email they sent me:
"
Thanks for your interest in our AVIN unit.

The 6.95" model is a true double din size.

Panel size: 178mm x 100mm"

https://avinusa.com/695-universal-do...on-system.html
Antbox530 is offline   Reply With Quote