Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #141
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
I used to put "remove before flight" banners on my motorcycle. I guess I'm a liar because my motorcycle can't fly.
Well, there was this one guy:

http://evelknievel.com/the-man/

I'd think he'd approve of the remove before flight...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #142
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
A friend put a Ferrari decal on the tank of his motorcycle and then cleared over it. Looked stock, I liked it.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #143
Dezines
Youtube Content Creator

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Last month I was shopping for my car, ended up with a 2010 Camaro LS, but while shopping I saw a Reconstructed, V6 Mustang with a Super Snake body kit! Why? Everyone is going to gun for you and you can't back it up.

I am not a fan of Faux badging, but I don't really have a big problem with it either. I put a grille on my LS that reminds me of the hidden head lights of the 67 and 68, I play around with the idea of putting an SS on that. Not because of the power but for the tribute. I want to add the halo lights, fog lights and smoke the tail lights. Can I put RS on my car? I wouldn't have the matching color hood stripes and I already have aftermarket wheels so they won't match either.

One more thing... If I had an SS, I would want to get rid of that STUPID, non functioning mail slot. You know if I did that, everyone would call me a faux, yet its still an SS.
Mods
  • Vararam Ram Air Intake
  • DNA Motoring Long Tube Headers w/ Cat Delete
  • Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers
  • Sequential Tail Lamps
  • Custom Ghost Flame and Matte black Graphics Package
  • Phantom Billet Grill
  • DRL Delete
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/qnNgCz
Youtube Channel: http://sub.gregorysalvatore.com
Dezines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:49 PM   #144
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Ok, confessional time. In 1975, I put "W-30" metal emblems* on my standard, '73 Olds 442. (it was a cam package if memory serves) I did it for me, not to dupe anyone on resale. I was 20 years old and it made me "feel" good. How many Hail Mary's?

*In those days you had to drill holes. I was SERIOUSLY feeling it!
Did you remove them before you sold it?
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #145
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Well, there was this one guy:

http://evelknievel.com/the-man/

I'd think he'd approve of the remove before flight...

-Don
I can't speak for that crazy son of a bitch, but I guarandamntee you I was a lying my ass off every single time I removed mine.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:18 PM   #146
ritchet

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS Red Rock
I bought a new Mitsubishi Galant in 2003. I put on Enkei wheels and put on Rallyart badges and created a Ralliart Galant. The thing is that Mitsu wouldn't create the Ralliart Gallant for another few years. I stopped by a Mitsu dealer a few years later and the salesman told me I had a nice Ralliart. I didn't correct him because he should have known better.

My 1LS Camaro has an LS badge on the hood. I thought I was being totally upfront until some one asked me if it has an LS V8. I just said no it is an LS model.
ritchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:26 PM   #147
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
I sold it to a friend (when I left the state) who knew it wasn't a W-30. He knew I doted over the car for five years and was more interested in its pristine condition than a fake badge. Was it possible someone was duped down the line? Maybe, but there were ways to tell if you really wanted to know.

It was 42 years ago. I think the statue of limitations ran out.

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 06-17-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #148
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Theres a Dodge Charger in my work lot that i havnt noticed before....till today. Its a v6 with 6.1 hemi badging on the side...even has the single exhaust.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:57 PM   #149
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
With the luxury of the internet 40+ years later, it appears I was fooling no one in 1975 but myself. My 1973 442 was NEVER offered as a W-30. They ended in 1972. Apparently it was only on 455CID engines and one pop of my hood back then would've revealed a garden variety 350. I knew none of this back then. So now I seriously doubt ANYONE was duped.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:37 AM   #150
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
anybody into w-30s would have noticed the lack of red plastic inner fenderwells and hurst his/hers shifter anyway.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:38 AM   #151
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe2ss View Post
Ok what about de badging your cars..? Be fore i had my camaro i hada tsi awd eagle talon (very modded) i debadged it and really hurt sum feelings. And im thinki g of de badging my ss especially since the supercharger i put on is so quiet. Lol i love the surprised look on peoples faces when u pass them. Lol
Debadging is totally fine in fact it's quite trendy these days and is quite modern. I personally love the look of a debadge car if it has the right lines I'm thinking about debadging the back end of my RS I definitely do not like where they slap the badges on the rear bumper of this Gen Camaro
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:15 AM   #152
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe2ss View Post
Ok what about de badging your cars..?
That's a slightly different story because there aren't very many situations where from the factory the least-badged car is the highest performing trim of the bunch.

Debadging can lend a little mystery to what the car actually is, and has been part of the 'sleeper' approach to hotrodding for as long as I can remember. Where the appearance suggests that the car has considerably less performance than is actually the case.

Over the past 45 years or so I've debadged or partially debadged more of my cars than not (not a big fan of chrome trim in general). Sometimes because it was so obvious what the car was that bolting the model name to it was redundant in silly extreme. Other times because there was simply too much of it (her Subie that used to have four different badges on the trunk lid and the not quite as badly adorned Maxima). And once because I simply didn't like the too-flowery font. Oddly enough, the car in my sig is in the minority as one where I've left the OE badging intact.

Quote:
And im thinki g of de badging my ss especially since the supercharger i put on is so quiet. Lol i love the surprised look on peoples faces when u pass them. Lol
That, and knowing that the opinions of the few that do figure it out right away are the ones that matter the most.

Norm
Old 06-18-2017, 08:27 AM   #153
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
I have debadged my previous 5 or 6 cars, I think it looks cleaner.

All of the badges on my Camaro have been painted matte black, I think it goes well with CRT. I toyed with replacing the front and rear SS badges with RS, painted matte black of course, as my first car was a '67 RS Camaro.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:49 AM   #154
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Poser from the French word Posier: dictionary definition : a fake, someone whose ego has to be inflated , may or may not be sporting fart trumpets and small pee pee, and not able to buy a real desirable auto; but able to fake one badly without any intention of making a tribute or clone...Unable to represent its class, bringing shame on its namesake a true disgrace in a race, See Sad Loser, Phony, Fake, Fart trumpet, Hooptie, Minivan owner.

I have always represented the engine size of every model classic chevy I ever built honestly on the sides of the fender, to do otherwise is lame, I even made a perfect clone of a 73 chevelle ss yet had a 406 in it instead of the 454 and sported 400 badges, ( I had a couple 73 chevelle ss and liked 400s as the Malibu I bought it with had a triplet of ss badges on it faking...so I bought a SS to make one and swapped out everything but I always told people it was a clone, I used SS wiring, SS console, SS dash, SS steering wheel, SS barrel back swivel buckets, SS door panels, SS tail lights, SS badging, SS sway bar, SS rear end......You see theres more than a couple things to switch out even when it was easy....... Humble, versus those to be humbled, but honesty that's a given. Without your integrity your a steaming pile....