Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-07-2017, 08:11 AM   #15
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Wait, Hennesey releases his "Demon" killer, but doesn't have all the bugs worked out. Call me shocked...
Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #16
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
The Exorcist only comes with 1000+ HP. This ZL1 owner may or may not be one of our clients, but he was not driving an Exorcist. There are no belt or blower issues and we are now building our 3rd Exorcist with 9 more in production. There are no "bugs" to work out other than wait for some cooler air to run some 1/4 mile numbers. FYI The Exorcist only comes complete including The Exorcist graphics. We will take this as a compliment from a guy who probably wishes he had an Exorcist.
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #17
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessey Performance View Post
The Exorcist only comes with 1000+ HP. This ZL1 owner may or may not be one of our clients, but he was not driving an Exorcist. There are no belt or blower issues and we are now building our 3rd Exorcist with 9 more in production. There are no "bugs" to work out other than wait for some cooler air to run some 1/4 mile numbers. FYI The Exorcist only comes complete including The Exorcist graphics. We will take this as a compliment from a guy who probably wishes he had an Exorcist.
i figured as much....just didn't make sense to have a exorcist in the wild that wasn't done, would look bad for Hennessey.
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #18
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Stickers are cheaper than actual mods, always.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #19
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessey Performance View Post
Here's a few more details. The guy is from NJ. He got the car in Louisiana and it had temp tags on it. It had less than 200 miles on it. He had it shipped back up here from your shop. It had the Hennessey cai on it and headers. Not sure what brand headers you guys use. It had a green colored belt but one of the ribs was missing off the belt. He said it already ate thru one belt. He said you guys were aware of the belt issue and told him he could leave it there for you guys to continue working on. But he said he decided to have it shipped back up and that you guys said it would be ok to drive as long as he takes it easy. He also said that once you guys have the belt issue resolved then you'd have it shipped back to your shop to update it. He also said you guys would be upgrading the blower when it gets back to you. Any of that sound familiar?

It's a pretty elaborate story and I don't think someone would make all that up out of the blue. I'm not saying anything negative about your work. But I have known shops to have certain issues with cars and send them out unfinished while working towards a fix. I don't think that is a bad thing. But I'll take your word for it. If you say he isn't one of your customers or that none of this sounds familiar then I'll take it as that. Or maybe I heard the story wrong. I plan to cruise out with him one of these days so I'll get some updates next time I talk to him.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #20
2fastnow

Drives: 05 GTO
It might be a simple tensioner problem or weak point. Give the car a chance.
2fastnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #21
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
We did have a recent HPE750 build that had a pulley / belt alignment issue that belongs to a client. It has been repaired as part of the warranty that we offer for our packages. Again, this car is not an Exorcist. We are building 8-10 Gen6 ZL1's per month so you'll see them on the streets from time to time. Thanks.
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #22
AZ Charlie

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Here's a few more details. The guy is from NJ. He got the car in Louisiana and it had temp tags on it. It had less than 200 miles on it. He had it shipped back up here from your shop. It had the Hennessey cai on it and headers. Not sure what brand headers you guys use. It had a green colored belt but one of the ribs was missing off the belt. He said it already ate thru one belt. He said you guys were aware of the belt issue and told him he could leave it there for you guys to continue working on. But he said he decided to have it shipped back up and that you guys said it would be ok to drive as long as he takes it easy. He also said that once you guys have the belt issue resolved then you'd have it shipped back to your shop to update it. He also said you guys would be upgrading the blower when it gets back to you. Any of that sound familiar?

It's a pretty elaborate story and I don't think someone would make all that up out of the blue. I'm not saying anything negative about your work. But I have known shops to have certain issues with cars and send them out unfinished while working towards a fix. I don't think that is a bad thing. But I'll take your word for it. If you say he isn't one of your customers or that none of this sounds familiar then I'll take it as that. Or maybe I heard the story wrong. I plan to cruise out with him one of these days so I'll get some updates next time I talk to him.
So...they built three Exercists so far and clearly this guy is full of shit...because all of those builds are complete. Unfortunately you talked to someone that WISHED they had the package. Hennessey just does not do half the build and let the customer take it home...the person you ran into is feeding you false info clearly. Hate people like that. Just be happy with what you have...too easy to just ask the person what number build he is and verify with Hennessey...clearly not a Hennessey custoemr but just bought some Hennessey parts with their name on it if even that...
2012 Ford F450 Super Duty
Prior cars:
2015 Z/28 Redline Motorsports SC725 (see profile for build details, Redline Motorsports youtube, Super Chevy article, etc)
2010 SS Supercharged with other mods...(two of this model)
2003 Lamborghini Murcielago (two of this model)
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari 348 Spider
Saleen Mustang
AZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 10:48 PM   #23
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Something made me remember this post I made from 2017, lol!! I never updated this post with pics but here they are. You can see a bit of the Jeep I had back then in one of the pics as well as the license plate of the ZL1. I decided to look thru my contacts and as it turns out I still have the guy's number. Funny how time flies and how people change. Haha!!
Attached Images

BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote