Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-29-2017, 06:31 AM   #1
BlackCam14

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Catch can

Hey guys just wanna see what your using and your opinions about it. I’ve been looking at Mishimoto but all I seem to find is the V8 version.....
BlackCam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Elite E2 with cleanside separator. I love it! Intake stays pristine clean.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #3
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Definitely go for an Elite Can.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
BlackCam14

It’s funny my intake manifold was dry when I put my intake on but oh boy when I did the Ported intake I looked in and the inside was wet front to back, that was when I made the decision I needed one soon
Old 11-29-2017, 11:39 AM   #5
BlackCam14

What options did you choose?
Old 11-29-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
OK, need a little advise and further knowledge so I am able to make an informed decision on my purchase.

1. Reading various posts I see a number of members choose the "Elite 2" series catch cans. I believe they go for about $185.00 from Elite Engineering. Is this a fair price or is there a better outlet?

2. I see many others advertised for considerably less, why the Elite 2?

Any advise you can give me I am very thankful. I just don't want to spend money for something that is not going to have much positive effect on the longevity of my 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS. She has less than 14K on the clock.

2. From what I have read I see no use for the "clean side separator" because I don't race and don't think I will be laying the throttle to the floor anytime soon!

Larry
Old 11-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #7
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
1. Reading various posts I see a number of members choose the "Elite 2" series catch cans. I believe they go for about $185.00 from Elite Engineering. Is this a fair price or is there a better outlet?

2. I see many others advertised for considerably less, why the Elite 2?
1. That's a fair price. Just contact them directly on here, see what they can do for you. They are a vendor.

2. The Elite actually catches oil. A lot of the cheaper ones are pretty much an empty can, allows stuff through still.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:26 AM   #8
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The Elite E2 and E2-X are the most effective you can buy period. In most cases 2-3 times more effective than other brands on the market. The CSS (Clean Side Separator) addresses the fresh/clean side point of ingestion where others do not and it does not matter if you race or not, it is recommended.

Using the dual valve adds the feature of full time evacuation vs part time.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #9
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
The Elite E2 and E2-X are the most effective you can buy period. In most cases 2-3 times more effective than other brands on the market. The CSS (Clean Side Separator) addresses the fresh/clean side point of ingestion where others do not and it does not matter if you race or not, it is recommended.

Using the dual valve adds the feature of full time evacuation vs part time.
Would you be so kind as to explain the dual valve operation? Would I have to have one or two of these?
Old 11-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #10
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCam14 View Post
What options did you choose?
I chose the black anodized fitting(s) option since they look better than the straight silver ones.

I got the single evacution port version, the original (E2). I was told by an engineer/technician at Elite Engineering that the dual port evacuation units are designed more for F.I. applications. So, for most N/A applications, the single port unit will work just as good.

They now sell anti-back flow valves that keep the vapors from flowing in the reverse direction. I might get those later, but again the anti-back flow valves are primarily recommended for F.I. applications.

With the way I have it now, the original (E2) with the single valve and cleanside separator, it seems to working fine for me.

Don't spend any more money than you really have to.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #11
BlackCam14

Yeah I ordered that one ��
Old 11-30-2017, 05:53 PM   #12
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
The standard elite can is all most cars need unless you have forced Induction added.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #13
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
RX on the dirty side, mishimoto mini can on the clean side.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #14
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Deputy349Canine,

The dual valve converts your PCV system into full time evacuation by using a secondary evacuation suction source. As the OEM system only uses intake manifold vacuum to evacuate the damaging compounds from the crankcase (these compounds are what cause most internal engine wear, Water, acids, raw fuel, and abrasive soot/carbon & ash particles) while they are still suspended before they have a chance to settle and mix with your oil. As the intake manifold vacuum drops to zero when accelerating or at WOT due to cam lobe overlap and reversion pulses created by the overlap, during these periods is when the contaminates enter the oil. A full synthetic oil does not "wear out" but eventually becomes overwhelmed and "condemned" as the industry refers to it. So we use 2 separate suction sources. The IM for most of the evacuation, and when accelerating we use the suction/vacuum generated by the Venturi Effect just upstream of the throttle body for when accelerating or at WOT. The check valves automatically open and close to default to the strongest suction available at any given time, so this greatly reduces the amount of contamination reaching your engine oil. Oil last longer, wear is reduced, and as were also stopping the oil mist from reaching the intake air charge, fuel economy and power increase due to less detonation caused knock retard.

The E2 and E2-X are 95-98% effective where most cans, no matter the cost, only trap from 15-30% of these compounds.

We also include the billet CSS (cleanside separator) with the E2-X so the other point of ingestion is addressed as this secondary ingestion path is overlooked by almost all can brands as well.

Unlike a GDI engine (the LS based are port injection, the V6's are all GDI and the 2016 and up V8 LT based are also GDI), the LS engine does not experience intake valve coking like the GDI engines so that is a completely additional group of issues we address in those engines.

We are also one of the ONLY systems that maintains a closed emissions compliant system and in no way defeat or reduce any function of the factory PCV system (we are NOT CARB cert for CA highway use yet) so there is no "Legal" grounds to affect your warranty.

Hope that helps!

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote