Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #43
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
Now for a plate frame and some black bolts.
Where would someone find a black plate frame?
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:36 AM   #44
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Where would someone find a black plate frame?
eBay or your local auto parts store. Again, this will be a little harder to mount with the plate, but, do not crease the frame. Let it shape to contour as your fastening it down with the longer black fasteners. If you get a frame with only 2 holes on the top be sure to drill through the bottom of the frame to prevent the frame being bent upwards when backing up on an incline and scraping. I know from experience. Here are a couple picks. The first one has 4 bolts, not black at the time. The second one has 2 bolts and I put 2 bolts through the bottom of the frame. Also, I recommend a little Loctite on the 2 bolts that hold theJacFab to the body.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:31 PM   #45
CamaroSSYellow

Drives: 2012Yellow2SS
My Camaro came with a bent front license plate bracket, I bought the car in a state that required a front plate, I live in PA and don't need a front license plate but since I can not remove the front bracket because it is attached with not only screws but it also is attached with super tape like 3M or something, anyhow I might as well put a plate on the front, and I wanted to get a nice "Camaro SS", the plates I'm looking at are all stainless steel or chrome, my question is, will I be able to bend a stainless or chrome plate so that it fits properly on the bracket ?
CamaroSSYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #46
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSYellow View Post
My Camaro came with a bent front license plate bracket, I bought the car in a state that required a front plate, I live in PA and don't need a front license plate but since I can not remove the front bracket because it is attached with not only screws but it also is attached with super tape like 3M or something, anyhow I might as well put a plate on the front, and I wanted to get a nice "Camaro SS", the plates I'm looking at are all stainless steel or chrome, my question is, will I be able to bend a stainless or chrome plate so that it fits properly on the bracket ?

You should be able to. Just be careful when bending it.....
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #47
CamaroSSYellow

Drives: 2012Yellow2SS
Thanks, I'm going to go ahead and order a nice plate.
CamaroSSYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #48
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Those front players kill me but the law is the law.
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:54 PM   #49
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
Those front players kill me but the law is the law.
I had the stock front bracket until a guy backed into me...I told the body shop to leave it off. It wasn't long before I received a ticket for no license plate. I ordered the bent style JacFab and it really grows on you. What I mean by growing on you is you don't want a plate in the front but if you had to have one JacFab is the way to go. I've even had compliments on it and have been asked where to get one. Since I live in a small town and am the only one who has it here, all my friends know it's me coming down the road too. If you can get away with it, cool. Otherwise, JacFab is your answer.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #50
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
Why would someone even move to Commifornia? Yuk

Either way, hope you get this taken care of, wouldn't want to get pulled over in that state for anything!
You could never understand with your type of ignorance.
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #51
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I used the stock one from the dealer and tied it up with shoe lace and a small bit of double sided 3M tape. Took it off the next day...
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #52
J-Crazy Camaro

Drives: Red V8
there is a brand called Sto-N-Show that requires little modification and attaches to the underside of the front bumper then flips out

then there is the a bracket mounted one that clips onto the lower front grille and requires no medication at all

J-Crazy Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #53
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I mounted four small suction cups on the back. Gos on easy comes off easy. I only put it on for inspection. Hell I put it on and take it off right in the parking lot with the guy watching who inspects my car.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:52 AM   #54
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I may look into the Sto and Show plate system. If I see a cop or get pulled over, I simply press the button. Boom, plate is there. I'll tell the nice officer that it indeed was out all the time and that his vision must be failing him. Honestly, I've had my Camaro for two years now in NY, and have never had a problem. There's no way I'm mounting that ugly plate to that beautiful front nose of the Camaro. I only drive in the spring, summer and fall, and only for pleasure. A cop would have to be a real dick to pull someone over because of a missing plate on what basically is a show car. But I realize it has happened. They need to go after some real criminals and not bother someone due to a missing plate.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #55
camaro_uk

Drives: 2015 1LE Camaro
I used about 4 small velcro tabs to attach mine to the lower grill on the 14-15 style front bumper
camaro_uk is offline   Reply With Quote