Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #141
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Welcome to 2013COPOCAMARO.COM, a site established by Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey Garage and Dennis Collins of Collins Bros Jeeps to promote and sell what we consider to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase and specify your own CRC (Certified Race Chassis). Build your own COPO Camaro BODY-IN-WHITE Program Car. These are the rarest Camaros ever offered and built at the COPO plant. Only 20 are being produced. There's no lottery system; we're selling them on a first-come-first-serve basis. You get to specify or use your own drivetrain. Please read the press release for full details. Many of these will be true one-off cars. Word is that they will not be produced again.

In 2012, 69 COPO cars were produced. In 2013, 69 more COPO cars are scheduled to be produced (all are pre-sold). There are 20 Build Your Own COPO Camaro BODY-WHITE Program Cars serialized 1-20 all built and soon to be released. Go to Cars For Sale Page for Availability. These are incredibly rare! The actual build certificates for available cars are issued in the name of Gas Monkey Garage with the exception of car #13 which is issued to Dennis Collins. Cars are available without drivetrains for immediate delivery.

Payment in full is required for initial car purchase. If you want the car completed turn-key, we will quote that when you select your drivetrain. Once drivetrain is specified and funds are received in full, please allow 1-5 months completion time depending on the engine you chose. The end of COPO production is estimated to be late October 2013.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Didn't see that. Guess for these 20 cars you are correct. Thought you meant COPOs in general.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #142
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
It seems that from reading this thread, most who don't own a ZL1 say no, while others who do say yes. It has to be truly experienced to be appreciated as such. I consider the GT 500 a supercar and the ZL1 is right there with that car on a road course. Also people keep calling the ZL1 a muscle car only. Muscle cars in general don't put down numbers on a road course like the ZL1 can. It has the nostalgic styling of a muscle car, but it has the underpinnings to run with most exotics.
Well said!!!
Trickskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #143
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
Well said!!!

I agree and it made me think if the hellcat or the barracuda come out they may have to come out with a new class.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #144
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Like everything else in life, American Muscle Cars have evolved. Engineers figured out that life sometimes throws a curve in your path. These Bad Ass Machines know exactly what to do with that curve!

Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #145
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Sooooo gas monkey is building copo rip-offs? Anyone can buy the "body in white" and build one....he's just building his own version, complete w/ a huge mark up I'm sure.
Welcome to America! Didn't Jr from American Chopper do some sort of Camaro build. Some Ugly thing full of rivets. He was driving one on one episode, not sure if they actually sold any. Read something else about Gas Monkey giving one away in some sort of drawing coming up. A free Camaro, well ya probably gotta buy a ticket or maybe just enter some contest. Good promo stuff for his show and night club.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #146
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
It does not fit the defininition of a super car. However, being a production line built car, with what it can do, for it's price...., compared to super cars, the thought of it being so can be entertained to a degree. The ZL1 is a value for the spectrum of performance levels that it crosses.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #147
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Welcome to America! Didn't Jr from American Chopper do some sort of Camaro build. Some Ugly thing full of rivets. He was driving one on one episode, not sure if they actually sold any. Read something else about Gas Monkey giving one away in some sort of drawing coming up. A free Camaro, well ya probably gotta buy a ticket or maybe just enter some contest. Good promo stuff for his show and night club.

Yeah, but they are marketing it as their own kind of copo and selling 20 of them. Not saying there's anything really wrong with that (hey if people have the $$ to blow, why not), it's all part of the marketing machine...but they aren't really doing anything that special, because all the parts can be ordered right out of the GMPP catalog (well except the ugly gas monkey stickers).

Also, the one you mentioned from JR was a one off custom build....totally a different scenario.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #148
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Also, the one you mentioned from JR was a one off custom build....totally a different scenario.
Okay, for some reason I thought he got with that other shop with the intent to sell a "designed by Junior" edition. Good thing it was a one off, can't imagine anybody paying out the big bucks for something that ugly. Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Old 10-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #149
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
We have Goodyear supercar tires... That's about as close to a supercar as we will get.

Personally I wouldn't want to be grouped into that fraternity, most supercar owners know very little about their cars other than how much more they paid for them.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #150
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Things are not always what they appear to be:

HAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
I raced dirt bikes professionally for KTM. We got to drive the X-bows at a private test track outside Mojave in the desert, those things are so fun, you better have your harness very tight because they'll throw you out of the seat in hard corners, they're the most fun I've ever had on 4 wheels.
ugh, that sounds awesome!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #151
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
My point is your comparing your car to a Porsche and 13 models finished ahead. One of the actually Porsche super cars finished almost 45 seconds ahead. I don't consider a 911 or a boxer to be super cars. I do however know for a fact that the 918 spyder is a Supercar. I'm not argueing that the Camaro isn't a great performer. It's an incredible performer for a modern muscle car!!! You seam confused about what the thread is about. The thread isn't titled does the ZL1 perform like a supercar? Yes those are stock numbers for a SRT-4 with dealer installed turbo upgrade and suspension that's why I'm using it as an example of a great performer that is NOT a super car. Just like the ZL1. And finally I'm here because I own a Camaro. Notice the sig photo?

Why would it break? Do you know anything about a stage 3 SRT-4? Do you know what suspension componets were installed with the stage 3 suspension upgrade at the dealership? Do you have any idea how much power the 2.4 liter motor was capable of before you had to worry about breakage? Do you understand that the SRT-4 was over 1000 pounds lighter than a Camaro. Do you understand why weight is even an issue when road racing?

Supercars are expensive huh? Luckily parts for a ZL1 can be bought at auto zone and are fairly cheap.
i used to kill srt-4 neons back in 05 with a g.m stage 2 cobalt SS supercharged which had about 300 h.p, mustve been a supercar. shoulda kept it i guess
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #152
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Saw this at a car show in WV a couple of weeks ago. I think I could've took him, lol
Attached Images

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #153
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
i have still yet to see one of those....i want to!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #154
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Saw this at a car show in WV a couple of weeks ago. I think I could've took him, lol
Wow! Only seen them on TV, the web, or magazines. Love to see one up close. At the Boston car show the Rolls & Bentleys had the highest price tags, just around 400 to 500K. The Lambo Aventador was the Supercar Star of the show. It was sold three days before the show, but the owner said he'd wait till after the show to take possession. Sticker Price was around 420K. That's like having a ZL1 in every color! Must be nice to have that kinda money!