Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #16283
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
So you think they put actual numbers or are just pulling our legs?
Old 02-20-2016, 08:01 AM   #16284
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
So you think they put actual numbers or are just pulling our legs?
Well those aren't actual numbers they use the < quite a bit there.

If you look at it, it is saying it has better power to weight than the current ZL1, better 0 to 60 than the current ZL1 and better lateral grip (if that is what LG stands for) than the ZL1....................and we all expected that. So we are all excited and they haven't really told us a single thing in what is on the side of that car. The date lines up coincidentally, though.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:26 AM   #16285
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I don't have much to add to the 'VID', 'pwr', 'LG', and '0/100' comments.

However, the '#HPSIX' is an odd one and could very well be the key to the whole thing. Why put a hashtag on an internal code, unless you fully intend on outsiders (us) seeing it & using it? But think about what that means. If its true planed on us seeing that, it also means that they planned on us seeing everything else too. In which case, all of it could just be a prank pulled by one of the engineers -simply to see how we, the forum freaks, react to some numbers stuck to the side of the car. I know I wouldn't be above pulling that kind of thing on people.

Alternatively, the #HPSIX could be stuck on there as a red herring, to throw us off the trail. Knowing that the car would be photographed and shared online, they put that bit on there explicitly to get people (possibly me, specifically) to question the validity of the other numbers. Because if a Camaro5/Camaro6 moderator suggests that the whole thing might be an elaborate joke or hoax, others will trust that opinion. Seeds of doubt will be planted among the forum community and we'll be distracted from trying to sort out what the numbers themselves mean.

A logical extension of that would be that GM is trying to manipulate me to do their bidding through a complex, convoluted scheme that includes not just development engineers but also marketing and possibly beyond. They know that I would never compromise my objectivity just to suit the narrative that they want, and so they need to be far more clever. But to the majority of people, such an explanation would come off as paranoia and/or insane ramblings. However, I know differently and will not allow it to happen. I'm onto them now, and more than that ... I am reasonably certain that I can now taste alterations made to the timeline, so they are not going to be able to retroactively trick me into doing what they want.

So I guess what I mean to say is that those are probably the low end baseline stats for what the 6th gen ZL1, to be revealed at the New York Autoshow on March 25, 2016 are going to be.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:39 PM   #16286
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I don't have much to add to the 'VID', 'pwr', 'LG', and '0/100' comments.

However, the '#HPSIX' is an odd one and could very well be the key to the whole thing. Why put a hashtag on an internal code, unless you fully intend on outsiders (us) seeing it & using it? But think about what that means. If its true planed on us seeing that, it also means that they planned on us seeing everything else too. In which case, all of it could just be a prank pulled by one of the engineers -simply to see how we, the forum freaks, react to some numbers stuck to the side of the car. I know I wouldn't be above pulling that kind of thing on people.

Alternatively, the #HPSIX could be stuck on there as a red herring, to throw us off the trail. Knowing that the car would be photographed and shared online, they put that bit on there explicitly to get people (possibly me, specifically) to question the validity of the other numbers. Because if a Camaro5/Camaro6 moderator suggests that the whole thing might be an elaborate joke or hoax, others will trust that opinion. Seeds of doubt will be planted among the forum community and we'll be distracted from trying to sort out what the numbers themselves mean.

A logical extension of that would be that GM is trying to manipulate me to do their bidding through a complex, convoluted scheme that includes not just development engineers but also marketing and possibly beyond. They know that I would never compromise my objectivity just to suit the narrative that they want, and so they need to be far more clever. But to the majority of people, such an explanation would come off as paranoia and/or insane ramblings. However, I know differently and will not allow it to happen. I'm onto them now, and more than that ... I am reasonably certain that I can now taste alterations made to the timeline, so they are not going to be able to retroactively trick me into doing what they want.

So I guess what I mean to say is that those are probably the low end baseline stats for what the 6th gen ZL1, to be revealed at the New York Autoshow on March 25, 2016 are going to be.
Oh a mind control conspiracy...that must mean Al is part of the Illuminati.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:50 PM   #16287
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Well in the latest Road and Track the CTS-V was faster to 60 and faster in the 1/4 mile than the Hellcat. So that bodes very well for an LT4 powered ZL1.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:57 PM   #16288
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Well in the latest Road and Track the CTS-V was faster to 60 and faster in the 1/4 mile than the Hellcat. So that bodes very well for an LT4 powered ZL1.
Awesome! I was impressed how the engineers took the same sort of setup from the V last generation, but made it significantly faster on a track in Camaro form. I hope for the same sort of results this run around.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:38 PM   #16289
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Old 02-21-2016, 11:57 PM   #16290
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
A lot less weight and a lot more tire should make up for the power differential. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of numbers the ZL1 puts down.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:00 PM   #16291
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
A lot less weight and a lot more tire should make up for the power differential. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of numbers the ZL1 puts down.
Yes! The ZL1 will be very impressive. I also think it'll be somewhat lighter than many think.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #16292
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yes! The ZL1 will be very impressive. I also think it'll be somewhat lighter than many think.
Yeah, I see a lot of people guesstimating 3900-3950 for the ZL1. I'd say it will be about 50 lbs less than that.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #16293
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yeah, I see a lot of people guesstimating 3900-3950 for the ZL1. I'd say it will be about 50 lbs less than that.
I was guessing the same weight as the old SS with a 74k pricetag.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #16294
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I was guessing the same weight as the old SS with a 74k pricetag.
No way....you think so? That's 5k off a Z06! (Sorry Camaro brethren, I'd buy the Vette!)

EDIT 1: (Also, there was a recent interview with Al where he was talking about not wanting to alienate former buyers...sounded to me like they were trying not to inflate prices very much)

EDIT 2: I mean...it could practically be a 1LE with an LT4....probably...maybe....
Old 02-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #16295
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
No way....you think so? That's 5k off a Z06! (Sorry Camaro brethren, I'd buy the Vette!)
That's what everyone says about the Colorado too. But I don't want a big truck.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #16296
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That's what everyone says about the Colorado too. But I don't want a big truck.
You're a good friend, but I hope you're wrong.

I'll be a very unhappy camper.

EDIT: (I'm doing a lot of these, today)...well, that's not true. Just "unhappy"...if the 1LE remains 1SS only, and the ZL1 costs more than $65,000, I'll be getting a 2SS and hoping for hand-me-downs as the years go by...and after my 5th-gen experiences, that's not at all what I want to do.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014