Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #155
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Well, as an owner I understand first year wrinkles. But not into the second model year that is now half over. Plus the year plus the had for testing. No excuse for a company of Chevy's size. Then to make bold statement's like Al did and when called out on it, no response from him. To have certain higher up's in Chevy get pissed when you email them and question how you got their email instead of just answering a question. If they choose to play hardball with me and many of the other frustrated owners, they are going to have many Lemons on their hands. That is the truth.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #156
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
We'll have to agree to disagree on that front...
Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #157
95birdible

One thing I don't get and not cause you are a Mod but why are coupe guys commenting on our problems? You do not have one nor do not know what we are going through so how can you comment? It's like saying your wife's shoe's don't fit her but how would you know unless you were in them? Get my drift. I am not going to argue but it really irks myself and other vert owners when coupe brethren think they know what we are going through and offering up their opinion. Now, if we were having engine, tranny, rear end issue, I welcome all opinions. Not in this case.
"Green Flash"
Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #158
VenomInside
Just Grazing

Drives: 2003 EB Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
One thing I don't get and not cause you are a Mod but why are coupe guys commenting on our problems? You do not have one nor do not know what we are going through so how can you comment? It's like saying your wife's shoe's don't fit her but how would you know unless you were in them? Get my drift. I am not going to argue but it really irks myself and other vert owners when coupe brethren think they know what we are going through and offering up their opinion. Now, if we were having engine, tranny, rear end issue, I welcome all opinions. Not in this case.

This x 1000. I could not have said it better myself.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert 6MT (Lemon-Sold)
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq (Sold)
1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
2012 zl1... the new 99 cobra?
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #159
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
:troll:

Just sayin Birdible...
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #160
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
To a degree, sometimes the best person to offer unbiased opinion on an issue is someone on the outside that doesn't have any "stake" in the decision. Maybe this is why some of the coupe guys are commenting. If there was a roof problem in the coupes, we'd probably be commenting on their posts...

My top's getting replaced today. I've seen the argument(s) between Dragoneye & several others. I'm not taking either side heavily; my top may even end up being replaced again and it will probably frustrate me if it does, but I WILL remember that each time work is being done, it's an EFFORT by GM to fix it. At this point, I'll keep trying, make sure everything is documented, & then when I get close to my warranty or lemon law time limit, I'll have everything I need to make a decision & contact a lawyer if needs be.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #161
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
x1001

... I get that he is playing the role of a mod and trying to keep the peace with GM, but should probably stay out of it unless you actually know what you are talking about. If your ZL1 starts to rust due to a design flaw, I wouldn't expect other mods to attack you for complaining about it and asking for answers. Sure, your dealer might offer fix the rust spot, but what if afterwards it just comes back again and again.

I'm impressed this thread hasn't been locked yet like the other one exposing a quote Al made.

New forum commandment: Thou shalt not speak badly of GM.

... that all said, I'm still holding out hope that fix is coming soon.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #162
95birdible

I don't see why it should be locked. We are not off topic and I just wanted an answer to what Al said. Now saying that the ZL1 will beat the GT500 without proof is a bold statement. We have proof that our tops are not holding up the way he said they would. We want answers is all. I would never try to comment on someone elses problems unless there problem could directly impact my car. Like a tranny blowing up. Then I would want to know.
"Green Flash"
Old 02-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #163
Mr. Wyndham

I'm not locking anything...there's no reason to.

You assume I've got an agenda by suggesting that, Blitz....I don't.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #164
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm not locking anything...there's no reason to.

You assume I've got an agenda by suggesting that, Blitz....I don't.
Agenda is quite simple... waiting for some answers and a fix before I subject my ride to possible other problems.

I've actually backed down quite a bit since fbodfather chimed in. Some acceptance of the existence of a problem is 51% of the way there.

The frustration now is that a moderator has taken offense to all of this and keeps tell us that we are in a minority (with no supporting data or personal experience) and to shut up.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #165
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Agenda is quite simple... waiting for some answers and a fix before I subject my ride to possible other problems.

I've actually backed down quite a bit since fbodfather chimed in. Some acceptance of the existence of a problem is 51% of the way there.

The frustration now is that a moderator has taken offense to all of this and keeps tell us that we are in a minority (with no supporting data or personal experience) and to shut up.
ermmm...Nope.

Never told you to shut up. And I've certainly haven't taken offense to anything in here.

(And I was referring to your statement that made it seem like I had an agenda coming in here. I understand where you're at.)
Old 02-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #166
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
I'm with you Blitz I too have relaxed a little bit in anticipation of something coming soon. I am glad Fbodfather made his presence known but a little dismayed that it took us going crazy all over the cam5 sight to get some attention. I do hope he is feeling better as I too get violent headaches from a spinal problem. Hopefully the ''fix''is in soon as my car is still at the dealer waiting on word from GM on what to do with it. If not and we are once again sentanced to the silent treatment all bets are off.
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #167
Indiana Rocket

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS VERT
The top did it for me. After two different O2 sensors, tightening of the fuel injector gaskets, new fuel injector gaskets, and then finally a new Engine Control Module I have the two holes in my top to look at everyday. I love this car but the angst of owning a $43,400 car that has issues is not worth the trouble. I have had 10 years of good experiences with my last 2 cars. Now I buy one that is over twice as much money and it has 6 problems in 3 months. So hopefully the top fix will come in and I'll get it replaced and then sell the car. It's worth $29,700 to a dealer at this point so apparently I'm just supposed to bend over and take it. I suppose I could get a lawyer involved but who am I to go up against the GM machine. I'm the second owner of the car so I loose all lemon law privileges. I do think this is some other law where you can get 10 - 20% of the value of the car back. It all just makes me sad and ruined my experience owning my dream car.

I'm Great At Taking Stuff Apart It's The Putting It Back Together That Gives Me Problems.
Indiana Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #168
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Many of the coupe guys were waiting to buy a ragtop. Now, they are happy not to have gotten one...at least until, and if, GM gets its act together. Many of us have had MANY converts, and do know what we are talking about.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote