Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-25-2016, 06:58 PM   #155
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
He provided a perfectly legal reason to deny your claim. If a person says "they don't know what happened"...an insurance company has the right to refuse AND a legal obligation to inquire and assure, beyond a reasonable doubt, what exactly happened to their interest. YES, I said INTEREST. They (insurance companies) do, by law, have to provide whatever coverage the insured is covered under, HOWEVER, if there is speculation, issue, black holes in a story, the insurance company can refuse to pay for comprehensive and or collision coverage. They do and must provide medical coverage allowed by policy and individual state law.

In essence, the poster is correct to a point, furthered with personal opinion. Why take a 1LE with summer only tires that GM HIGHLY recommends NOT driving in temperatures under 40 degrees OR during periods of heavy rainfall (insert slush here) as these tires have no means to dissipate rain, let alone slush which is much more dense than rain.

To each his own...I just do not understand the rationale of buying a track specific/purpose built car (step up from a 1SS/2SS) spending $1200 on a set of winter tires...and trashing the hell out of it.

Is this car more special than any other car or anyone else? Yes. Is it exotic? No. Rare? no. You do not see guys driving late model Porsche's, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martin cars in the winter, in slow, sleet, salt...do ya?

No...

Why?

Income...people CAN AFFORD a winter car!

Therefore...if your socioeconomic status elevates you to one-up yourself to a 1LE over a 1SS/2SS, but not economically stable enough to protect your investment with suitable winter transportation....I guess, the joke is on you.
-----------
What he said! LOL I like this guy! Well stated. As for seeing who owns my car at the bank drive through... Only if there is a mirror. I paid cash for my last 5 cars and when my new Canyon Duramax shows up, I will make one payment on it to and take the title home. I do remember the days though when I could not do that though!!!. The 1982 Z28 I have had for 30 years was purchased when I was a college student... And I made payments for a long time! Was my college DD. But... Never drove it in snow or winter salt. Even as a college student I made sure I could buy a $500 winter beater. The Z28 is still as clean as when I bought it 30 years ago! I plan to keep my 1969 Z and 2014 1LE till I die too! So I keep them clean and out of the weather.

I don't get all the anger and mean people here! Really guys, we are all Camaro guys. I don't fault anyone who chooses (or must) to drive it year round and don't expect to be faulted for driving mine as a toy! Hell, I wrote a $48k check, put it in a trailer and took it home! Money well spent on a toy.

Just smile and enjoy your ride however and whenever you choose to drive it.

Team Camaro Brother!
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:01 PM   #156
Kendall421

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
This was meant to change the subject of the thread. However there was a thread recently that discussed catch cans being pointless. I have no idea what the effectiveness of a catch can is as im new to the automotive world.
I have been meaning to start a thread with my series of pics of my other Chevy that this TB is on. It sold me on the Catch Can. Understanding how the direct injection and PCV system works on todays cars will sell you on the catch can. BTW...GM put one on the Gen6. The things that make you go Hmmmm?
Old 01-25-2016, 07:03 PM   #157
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall421 View Post
I have been meaning to start a thread with my series of pics of my other Chevy that this TB is on. It sold me on the Catch Can. Understanding how the direct injection and PCV system works on todays cars will sell you on the catch can. BTW...GM put one on the Gen6. The things that make you go Hmmmm?
In all honesty that did just make me go hmmm lmao. Are they difficult to install?
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:04 PM   #158
Kendall421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
For sake of argument, I own the last Inferno Orange Camaro ever produced, including LS/LT, SS and ZL1 models....and it happens to be a 1LE.

Been offered well over what I paid...

Again, for argument sake.
Oh hell, you are in Detroit. I am sure we have met! F-body shows, Detroit 5th gen, Eastern MI Camaro Club, Camaro Superfest, Woodward, etc. LOL
Old 01-25-2016, 07:08 PM   #159
Kendall421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
@ Kendall421- You are definitely doing it big bro. Not sure why someone would give you shit if you have to trailer all the cars to get them to a show. Personally I think it looks bad ass bro and shows you are not f'ing around.. lol. I am kicking myself for not pressing on a 69 when I had the chance at a great price. I'm looking for one that is all there but needs some TLC. a Number match would be super bonus but not a big deal if it don't match when I do find another first gen. Problem now is idiots are asking 5-10g's for nothing. I looked at one and was like dude where is the car. Literally guy wanted 6g's for a pile of scrap metal and get this .. he claimed it was a real z28.. My friend and I just about pissed ourselves laughing at the guy.
Thanks man! LOL I seriously looked at 3 car trailers. However, I would have needed a 1 ton Dually to pull it. Really didn't want to trade in my HD2500 as I love that truck and it is low miles. It lives in the barn and has one purpose in life... Pulling my toys around on the weekends! LOL The investment in a new truck didn't make sense. Plus dealing with loading and unloading 2 cars at shows by myself is enough work!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #160
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
In all honesty that did just make me go hmmm lmao. Are they difficult to install?
Understanding, vision, being pro-active, staying ahead of the game, click here, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324052 , don't need no stupid Gen 6 catch_can_exercise from the Mother Ship to convince me, and then suddenly say, "hey look at that, I never knew..."

Don't be a follower, be a leader man.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #161
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Understanding, vision, being pro-active, staying ahead of the game, click here, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324052 , don't need no stupid Gen 6 example to convince me to suddenly say, "hey look at that, I never knew..."

lol damn I'm sorry! haha but seriously I did say I am new to this whole lifestyle I'm learning something new everyday. Now as for install I did my headers I'm sure I could handle a catch can.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #162
Kendall421

Quote:
Understanding, vision, being pro-active, staying ahead of the game, click here, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324052 , don't need no stupid Gen 6 example to convince me to suddenly say, hey look at that.

If you left out the word stupid, that last post would have been a lot better. LOL

They are not hard to put on at all. Seeing that mess on my DD, I may buy a few more of them and put a catch can on all my direct injected cars!

Hey...10 pages! I have been to busy to check this thread... So me playing catch up is adding to the tally! LOL

Great spirited thread... But a little nasty at times. Why can't we all just be nice! Geez! LMAO
Old 01-25-2016, 07:18 PM   #163
Kendall421

Quote:
lol damn I'm sorry! haha but seriously I did say I am new to this whole lifestyle I'm learning something new everyday. Now as for install I did my headers I'm sure I could handle a catch can.
If you need any input bro, msg me. I do all my own stuff. Taking off my headers and putting new Pfadt Tri-Y setup on it this winter. BTW... That's what winter is good for up here... Mods time!!! LOL
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2016, 07:19 PM   #164
Kendall421

Quote:
You are right.

I'm just keeping in jive with the spirit here, and keeping the ambiance aliiiiiiive ; )
Like a good brotha should!!! LOL
Old 01-25-2016, 07:19 PM   #165
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Damit, I told you guys we can't fight over the catch can until next weekend. That was just a recommendation for a fight anyway. One argument at a time please. Ok ready? I have a catch can, Elite engineering, I have the Z28 cold air intake and I store my car in the winter. Much of my car also has XPEL clear film on it. There you go, let the sh@@ talking begin. Knock yourselves out.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:20 PM   #166
xrivera91

Quote:
If you need any input bro, msg me. I do all my own stuff. Taking off my headers and putting new Pfadt Tri-Y setup on it this winter. BTW... That's what winter is good for up here... Mods time!!! LOL
No doubt man I appreciate it! Btw I'd kill for a garage like yours
If I did winter would also be mod time for me but unfortunately all mods happen outside on the street lol
Old 01-25-2016, 07:21 PM   #167
Camaro Dude

Quote:
If you left out the word stupid, that last post would have been a lot better. LOL
OK I edited it
Old 01-25-2016, 07:25 PM   #168
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Like a good brotha should!!! LOL
Thank you, but I accidentally deleted that part of my post , damn, I liked that post, lol....time to log off here, and catch up on world disasters and events..