Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 09-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #1695
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey All,

Can't make it tonight after all.... Wife is not feeling good so I am going to stay and spend time with her. We plan on trying to make it to Cabela's tomorrow night if any are interested... The SA F-Body Club is coming up for it...

Additionally, I'm sure some of you have seen this, but here is a reply from the Lone Star Camaro Club in DFW. Lets Help Them Out

I would like to have some of our club make it if possible. We've had others drive considerable distance to share time with us, and I would like to help LSCC make a great showing. There are actually two events on this day... The benefit for the 9/11 Flight Crew Memorial Great Big Photo Op, and the Laps for Charity Drive at Texas Motor Speedway. Take a look at the Thread for this event for more information and let me know if you plan on trying to attend. There is a running roster of people planning to attend on the same thread.

Sounds like lots of fun to me.... Lets try to make a good showing...The Date is Sept-11, I'll be back from Brazil by then...
Here is my original post on the Laps for Charity Benefit....

I'm still planning on attending and the Lone Star Camaro Club has around seventy Camaro's and counting... I would love for some others to attend. Here in the Texas subforum is a sign up for the LSCC run. There is a full write up on it... All you have to do is post a request and they will add your name to the list...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #1696
Happy Pappy
Sam & Marsha

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black
We are in for the Laps for Charity run. We did this in May and we had a Great time. Now we just need to work on a meeting location for the run to Dallas!
Happy Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #1697
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
I was planning on getting there between 12:00 and 13:30 also... Those in South Austin and San Antonio, I know you may not all have a TexTag, but from South Austin to North of Georgetown, it is by far the easiest route. I was hoping we from the South side could meet maybe in the Kyle, Buda area and head north on 35 to the toll road and skirt the heaviest traffic. They have a pay by mail feature that prevents you from having to stop at each gate... It costs a little more but it's still only like 15 dollars or less for the entire run... which is about 45 miles avoiding the Austin and Roundrock traffic....

Those South wanting to join up, let me know...
Those North we could pick a spot north maybe in the Temple belton area or even in Waco and have Fly'in Camaros coordinate a meet spot in Waco for the run north.... I know it's a Saturday, but I'm thinking leaving the South Austin area between 8:00 and 8:30,

Opinions...???

Fly'in, it's 100 miles from the Kyle / Buda area to Waco.... figure and hour and a half, if we take the toll road, maybe 15 to 20 minutes longer(depending on traffic) if we stay on 35...
Those interested in the trip up to Classic Chevy to meet up with the LoneStar Camaro gang for the Laps for Charity, go to the thread for it, post your name and let me know.... As above that I posted in another thread, I am planning on leaving the Kyle / Buda area between 8:00 and 8:15 to be at Classic Chevrolet by 12:00 to 12:30....

I'm hoping those from North austin can meet up with us in the Temple Belton area or Waco so we can have a pretty decent caravan up to Dallas.... Let me know and I hope you can make it....

Again, there are actually three events involved, the meet with LSCC, the Flight Attendants Memorial photo op and donation, and the Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway.... It ought to be lots of fun.... The LSCC gang already has over 80 Camaros signed up....

Be a part of something big....

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 09-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #1698
Mystic Blue

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
Anybody in the SA group feel like making a convoy to the Laps for Charity in Dallas next weekend?!
We really really want to go (even hubby really wants to do this one!) - but with his 24 on/24 off schedule we just aren't sure if we can pull it off yet. He gets off work at 7am saturday morning and has to be back at work 7am sunday morning... With him getting off at 7am, getting home, showering and changing - we wouldn't be able to get outta SA until 830am-ish. Not to mention if he has a bunch of calls overnight he will be wiped out and grouchy and no fun on the trip LOL

The drive home would be fine because I could drive and he could sleep if necessary.... but we'd definately want to caravan up with the group...

I'll keep thinking about it and see if I want to sign up and possibly end up going alone...
Old 09-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #1699
summitSS
Darrell

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SPD-Summit Wht
This Friday, Sep 10th, is "Friday Nite Fever" at Wommack Chevrolet in Castroville. 6-10 pm. Let me know if interested in attending so I can get spots reserved for us.

99 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Artic White
01 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Torch Red
01 Chevy Corvette - Pewter
02 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 - Pewter
summitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #1700
summitSS
Darrell

Quote:
Anybody in the SA group feel like making a convoy to the Laps for Charity in Dallas next weekend?!
I would like to go, but I have already pre-registered for a car show in Seguin. Whoever goes to the event be sure and takes lots of pics for our website. Sounds like a lot of fun and is for a great charity.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #1701
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitSS View Post
This Friday, Sep 10th, is "Friday Nite Fever" at Wommack Chevrolet in Castroville. 6-10 pm. Let me know if interested in attending so I can get spots reserved for us.
Hey Darrell,

1.) Sorry to hear about Linda being in an accident, I hope she is on her way to recovering... I understand the old wounds thing, my wife has been down that road....
2.) I plan on going to where ever the majority is meeting Friday night.... I should be home by Wednesday, but no promises... I'm already nine days late getting there....
3.) Has there been any interest in going to the Laps for Charity event in Dallas, Saturday, 9-11.

I'm trying to coordinate the drive up there for any people interested....

Old 09-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #1702
summitSS
Darrell

Quote:
Hey Darrell,

1.) Sorry to hear about Linda being in an accident, I hope she is on her way to recovering... I understand the old wounds thing, my wife has been down that road....
2.) I plan on going to where ever the majority is meeting Friday night.... I should be home by Wednesday, but no promises... I'm already nine days late getting there....
3.) Has there been any interest in going to the Laps for Charity event in Dallas, Saturday, 9-11.

1: Linda is feeling better.

2: Hopefully you make it back. Look forward to seeing you again.

3: I know one member wanting to go from our group "2010ABM". Send him a PM. I can send an email to our members and let them know they can PM you. Okay?

Old 09-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #1703
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Wanted to go...lookin like I'm just gonna go to the event in Sealy on the 18th.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #1704
summitSS
Darrell

Quote:
Wanted to go...lookin like I'm just gonna go to the event in Sealy on the 18th.
Hookup with Robert "SSE 4 2SS"

Old 09-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #1705
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Ya I don't wanna be outta town two weeks in a row. And it seems like more peeps from our group will be going to Sealy.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #1706
Rei C
~ReiAhna~

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS
Quote:
I'm like 90% sure I'll be going!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #1707
SweetCam
{{Steph & Mike}}

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT
Send a message via Skype™ to SweetCam
Quote:

Yes!! We'll be going too. Are we meeting up somewhere to ride in together??
SweetCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #1708
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
laps for charity

Quote:
Hey Darrell,

Robert, i will be in wichita falls friday but would like to meet you sat somewhere to drive in with the SA group

let me know
joe
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote