Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-02-2023, 08:19 AM   #169
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Yes the projectors are one piece until you have to unscrew them from the back of the housing bracket in order to remove them for the retro fit. They then become three separate pieces (bowl,lense,shutter) watch at 4:05 in the below video and you’ll see what I mean. It’s the lense and shutter that’s on the front side of the housing bracket that will fall forward that my concern is about. lt probably won’t cause any damage but it’s something to take into account given the relatively small opening we’ll be working from to remove all three pieces from the rear of the housing compared to removing the projector when the headlight is baked & split open.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N8WZAn...FzZW1ibGUgaGlk
I already pulled the OEM one out the back hole. It can come out in pieces. The new one fits in as a single unit from my understanding. That's how I removed mine before shipping.

The lense will not fall forward. It is perfect fit and sits in. If it does, it's easy to grab. The lense has its own bracket that the stock mount sits on.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:48 AM   #170
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo72793 View Post
I already pulled the OEM one out the back hole. It can come out in pieces. The new one fits in as a single unit from my understanding. That's how I removed mine before shipping.

The lense will not fall forward. It is perfect fit and sits in. If it does, it's easy to grab. The lense has its own bracket that the stock mount sits on.
I’m REALLY glad to hear that. I envisioned having to contort and force the pieces thru the housing opening in order to get them out from the rear. Thanks again for the reply.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:25 AM   #171
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:

So with all that has been said… will the front bumper cover need to come off to remove the headlights in order to get the oem components out and put in the new? Or can this be done while headlights and bumper cover is still on the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 05:49 PM   #172
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
So with all that has been said… will the front bumper cover need to come off to remove the headlights in order to get the oem components out and put in the new? Or can this be done while headlights and bumper cover is still on the car?

Don’t think so. Although you can get to the back of the headlight opening there’s just not enough space because of the wheel wells to provide the room to get a screwdriver in to work with or to fit in the projectors
Old 05-02-2023, 05:58 PM   #173
Leo72793

Quote:

Yes due to space limitations.
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
Old 05-02-2023, 05:59 PM   #174
Leo72793

Quote:
Don’t think so. Although you can get to the back of the headlight opening there’s just not enough space because of the wheel wells to provide the room to get a screwdriver in to work with or to fit in the projectors
It would be much easier if you remove the bumper cover. Otherwise loosing screws, dropping parts tools etc.
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
Old 05-03-2023, 08:25 AM   #175
camguynj

Quote:
UPDATE - NO need to remove front bumper!!! Just pull back the wheel well liner and it should provide all the room needed to access the rear projector opening. See 2:18 in the below video. Access to the passenger side is the same. Removing the tire makes pulling back the liner ezer but is not necessary, just turn the wheel in all the way.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fron...id:WdVL4fv9IVk
Old 05-03-2023, 09:48 AM   #176
Leo72793

Quote:
UPDATE - NO need to remove front bumper!!! Just pull back the wheel well liner and it should provide all the room needed to access the rear projector opening. See 2:18 in the below video. Access to the passenger side is the same. Removing the tire makes pulling back the liner ezer but is not necessary, just turn the wheel in all the way.

I suppose you could go that route but that seems a bit contorted for me. then again im a bigger guy lol
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
Old 05-03-2023, 02:43 PM   #177
camguynj

Quote:
I suppose you could go that route but that seems a bit contorted for me. then again im a bigger guy lol
Yea definitely with the wheel on but it’s an option. With the wheels off on stands it should open things up even more.

UPDATE- got the brackets today. Quality workmanship, even comes with nuts,bolts & washers to attach the bracket and projector. Based on the smallness of the bracket’s washers & nuts even with the wheel removed I don’t think it feasible to install the bracket without removing the bumper. In order to attach the bracket you’re going to need to tilt the headlight to prevent the washers & nuts from falling into the headlight cavity. Even then they’ll probably fall but with the bumper on you’ll have no chance to get them if working from the wheel well. Oh well at least the headlights don’t need to be baked open

Last edited by camguynj; 05-04-2023 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:16 PM   #178
rsrsrs

Drives: '11 2SS/RS M6
Got my bracket yesterday
rsrsrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 04:40 PM   #179
SummitWhite11

Quote:

Great! Looks like I am going to try this first before removing the front bumper cover again. I have a custom belly plate on my car pretty much like the ZL1’s do so this is another step in the process of removing the bumper which is a PITA but doable. Thanks for sharing the link.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:41 PM   #180
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrsrs View Post
Got my bracket yesterday

I received mine as well

Old 05-04-2023, 10:55 PM   #181
camguynj

Quote:
Great! Looks like I am going to try this first before removing the front bumper cover again. I have a custom belly plate on my car pretty much like the ZL1’s do so this is another step in the process of removing the bumper which is a PITA but doable. Thanks for sharing the link.

See the update to my post 177. Don’t think it’s going to be feasible
Old 05-05-2023, 09:40 AM   #182
Leo72793

Bumper pulled and lights removed. I didn't even take the wheels or liners off. Half hour or so. I'll do my best tdor a write-up tonight on disassemble and reassemble for y'all.

These things are amazing in quality and they fit fantastic. This is the BS I found that ks to cheaping out on reflection bowls. Literally flaked and melted nearly through
Attached Images

•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB