Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #2157
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post

WOW! Read up a bit on the concept GS. I think I have definately found a new DD.

From AutoBlog:
"To summarize a bit, a 335-hp, all-wheel-drive manny-tranny version of the Regal might be coming, labeled with the legendary GS badge. There might even be a wagon version of the top of the line Regal – maybe even one with GM's eLSD torque vectoring. In fact, Lutz made it sound like GM might just import the 325-hp turbocharged 2.8-liter V6 Opel Insignia OPC Sports Tourer, crank up the boost a smidge and slap a Regal GS badge on it"

I say: Good job GM on making a BUICK appealing to a 27 year old man who owns a Camaro.
I was your age when I lusted for and finally bought a Buick Regal Grand National. So that's not a bad thing in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
Oh #3! My time in Canada taught me why it was the "Allure" and my time in Germany gave me a peek into what was coming :-)

Who knew we would be impatiently waiting on a Buick...a Cadillac maybe but a buick (sorry Fen!)
Hi Heather.............I think I'm glad we have products from all the brands that seem to be generating this much interest. It's a good thing for sure to have the younger enthusiasts finding the Buick exciting...............in America.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #2158
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I was your age when I lusted for and finally bought a Buick Regal Grand National. So that's not a bad thing in my opinion.

Hi Heather.............I think I'm glad we have products from all the brands that seem to be generating this much interest. It's a good thing for sure to have the younger enthusiasts finding the Buick exciting...............in America.
Yep #3 it is a good thing....who knew Buick would be on that list! Especially in America (China is another story...didn't believe it til I seen it!)
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #2159
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Yep #3 it is a good thing....who knew Buick would be on that list! Especially in America (China is another story...didn't believe it til I seen it!)
I'm waiting anxiously until the day Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC are used as household names again. Like, "Did you see that new Buick?" or "I heard about this new Cadillac, today, and it sounded really cool!".

I'm also waiting for all these cars to become used in a few years. Stay with me for a second....

Younger buyers (~20s) tend to purchase used vehicles more than new. And they tend to fawn over volkswagons and other German + Japanese brands. Because those cars are perceived to be fun (I can tell you the Cobalt is more fun, but anyways....). So, when this little Buick is used and sells for 14k @ 80,000 miles and 7 years old...those young folks will grow up and look at the new Buicks, Chevys, etc.

That's the day this import invasion will be over. And the day I will rest easy.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #2160
HeatherR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm waiting anxiously until the day Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC are used as household names again. Like, "Did you see that new Buick?" or "I heard about this new Cadillac, today, and it sounded really cool!".

I'm also waiting for all these cars to become used in a few years. Stay with me for a second....

Younger buyers (~20s) tend to purchase used vehicles more than new. And they tend to fawn over volkswagons and other German + Japanese brands. Because those cars are perceived to be fun (I can tell you the Cobalt is more fun, but anyways....). So, when this little Buick is used and sells for 14k @ 80,000 miles and 7 years old...those young folks will grow up and look at the new Buicks, Chevys, etc.

That's the day this import invasion will be over. And the day I will rest easy.
So true....

I grew up aspiring to a few years old BMW over any "new" GM vehicle and I drove used 3 series over GMs til I had no choice...

That will be a true test, but having strange exposure to both all I can say is wait and see and you will be super surprised by GM...
Old 01-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #2161
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
That will be a true test, but having strange exposure to both all I can say is wait and see and you will be super surprised by GM...
I doubt I'll be surprised.....proud more likely, because I know they have it in them. That's why I'll stick with 'em.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #2162
HeatherR

True proud is a better adjective than surprised, but I think surprised will better describe a lot of the population which is a good thing! Better days ahead for GM!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #2163
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
4X4 1980 Chevy K20 powerslide in a field frozen over is fun....

till things get stupid and you hit a frozen tractor tire rut and blow the front right wheel, then continue to roll the vehicle repeatedly.

I still miss that truck.
Doh! But you can't give up on doing dumb things, that is what keeps things interesting. If you never do anything you know you shouldn't, life would sure be boring.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #2164
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
True proud is a better adjective than surprised, but I think surprised will better describe a lot of the population which is a good thing! Better days ahead for GM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Doh! But you can't give up on doing dumb things, that is what keeps things interesting. If you never do anything you know you shouldn't, life would sure be boring.
and

Old 01-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #2165
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
So true....

I grew up aspiring to a few years old BMW over any "new" GM vehicle and I drove used 3 series over GMs til I had no choice...

"had no choice".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I doubt I'll be surprised.....proud more likely, because I know they have it in them. That's why I'll stick with 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Hoon, yes all I can think of is the word Hoon.

Hoon: Hooner, Hoonage, to Hoon. The act of or acitivity of combining automobile hardware and any of the following, lawns, snow, snow drifts, fire, tire smoke, rubber. Espcially considering multiple combinations of any of the above. For example combinging rubber, tire smoke and fire with any automobile activity.

"She hooned the car until in the end the transmission would only work in reverse and the left side tires were no longer on the car."
Old 01-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #2166
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
The z28 should be a DI 302 CI 5.3L looking like this. , pushing maybe 400hp, and be a track car, Copo should be a supercharged 427 7.0L like this . SS should be bumped to a 396CI 6.5L looking similar to the ls7 , that would be cool.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #2167
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
The z28 should be a DI 302 CI 5.3L looking like this. , pushing maybe 400hp, and be a track car, Copo should be a supercharged 427 7.0L like this . SS should be bumped to a 396CI 6.5L looking similar to the ls7 , that would be cool.
None are bad ideas, Shank. But what would you think a 5.3 L would compete against in the market place? The L99 is already at 400 HP and putting a 5.3 L small block in really saves no weight at all. Smaller pistons are made up for by the bigger bores.

So from a pure performance standpoint, you are describing an L99 with a track pack. Am I interpretting your thoughts correctly?

And the Copo car..........are you saying a Supercharged 6.2L wouldn't work for you? Not that 7.0 wouldn't be better. But just using linear progression (which is dangerous) a Supercharged 427 would result in darn near 700 HP is you started with the LS9.

Do you view the Copo car as a drag car then and the Z28 as the track car?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #2168
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
hmm since when did this thread become what the Z should or shouldn't be? this thread is a BS thread for those that are waiting or want it to happen. hmmmm.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #2169
Mr. Wyndham

hmmmm...

hmmMMmmmMMMmmm....

Hmm
hmm
mmh
mhhh
hhh
mmm

ZzZzZzZ......
Old 01-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #2170
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Anyone heard from Shnomac? 12/21 was the last post. Not a peep since.

Helloooooooo shnooooooo. Where are you?

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014